IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 28

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Great result

4 points ahead of 8th

5 points ahead of Villa and our ex strikers 

COYR

Also that's five wins on the spin (inc. cup) and four of those five conceding zero.

Eleven unbeaten.

34 minutes ago, samo II said:

I might be alone in thinking this but I’d hope we rotate where possible against Bolton on Sat; give some youth a run out, let the back-ups (where we have them) get a shot, and if we win; top stuff. If not, might help us keep key players fit, something our cup run last year didn’t help with (no regrets; was magic). 

I`m totally with you on this. From what I saw of Bolton last week our `rotated` squad shouldn`t have any bother with them anyway and if we do slip up there`s no real harm done.

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

That was again another impressive away performance. Confidence should be very high now, and I would keep away from signing any other players. The team is working together, Kasey seems to fit well. Do not rock the boat. There is no pressure and plenty of opportunities. 

We could probably do with another MF , but with Smith and Walsh back some time in Feb I doubt we would even consider getting an improvement in. The only other place we could do with getting someone in? Probably up front. That would have to be a genuine lone striker type who could hold the ball up, few and far between. The option would be a real pace striker type, again rare without spending loads so I think you'll get your wish.

We are playing as a team, and what started as very pragmatic and attritional has evolved a little . Works well away , can't argue with the run we've been on, just needs a tweak to be more of a threat at home and we could really threaten the Playoff's.

32 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Swansea game 2/2/19 got to be close to selling out after today's game. 

With 3500 Welsh at AG in 2 weeks time, the team are gonna need and deserve to have a packed AG, bouncing from the start!

Derby play on the Friday night (away at PNE) and so hopefully they won’t get 3 points, leaving the door open for us on the Saturday.

COYRs

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just looked at the highlights, bad angle but Weimann looks well onside for his "goal" 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/bristol-city/11611922/nottingham-forest-0-1-bristol-city

Agreed. Looked a shocking decision from that angle, seemed well on side when the ball was actually played. Pity, great finish and great vision.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed. Looked a shocking decision from that angle, seemed well on side when the ball was actually played. Pity, great finish and great vision.

Looks like the Lino flagged Fam, but the Ref and Lino never talk to check this sort of thing unless they're in the Prem and on TV. If they had , it might have stood. 

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

You're right. I apologise for being dramatic @BS4 on Tour... 

We good? 

Of course we are Badge....we’re all on the same side...differing opinions and debate on here is what it’s all about...and there’s no need for you to apologise....

Now I’m going down the pub to have three pints for every point we gained today....

Most encouraging thing for me is some of the comments on the Forest forum. “ Well worthy of their win “ and also “ best team we’ve played at home other then Norwich”.  This run started with some arguably deserved results.  We were winning but none of us were too sure how as we weren’t looking great. Other fans forums were still saying how crap we were. That really seems to be changing now and you know what.....this could be a special season you know !!   

36 minutes ago, nickolas said:

As it stands 6 points off 2nd with Sheff Utd losing to the sheep. 

Top 2 by end of Feb it is then.....!!

Bit of moaning on the Forest forum as you would imagine, but none about the result. One guy saying after Norwich were the best side he's seen at the City ground this season.

With a couple of signings and a fair wind blowing our way with luck with injuries in key areas, we might not be to far off.

Be great if we can be in contention with half a dozen games to go.

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Most encouraging thing for me is some of the comments on the Forest forum. “ Well worthy of their win “ and also “ best team we’ve played at home other then Norwich”.  This run started with some arguably deserved results.  We were winning but none of us were too sure how as we weren’t looking great. Other fans forums were still saying how crap we were. That really seems to be changing now and you know what.....this could be a special season you know !!   

I posted 4mins to late!!!

Archived