Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Coin-op

BCTV today?

Anyone know if today's match is being shown on BCTV? The lack of information is appalling!

Edited by Coin-op
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

Anyone know if today's match is being shown on BCTV? The lack of information is appalling!

Every game its hit or miss, the club should inform us which games they are allowed to show

• Like 4

The general service from Bristol sport is beyond appalling, they don't bother to read emails, I recently sent them an email about my Bristol forever account and received a bullshit reply about tickets for the Bolton FA cup match.

BCTV this season has been truly appalling, lack of information and more bullshit replies to problems when contacted.

I too have no idea as to whether this is available today or not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

I can't get  commentary  again...

No it comes on for a second then cuts out!!!

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

No it comes on for a second then cuts out!!!

That's on the audio link.

4 minutes ago, Michigan Gate said:

Anyone having trouble with bcfc TV today? Not working!

Yes I am, Ive got nothing for our money...

2 minutes ago, Shireman said:

I am in Kent...hoping to listen to audio commentary on today's game on BCTV- Audio Commentary....but it is silent.  Anyone else having the same problem today ?

Got it on a slight delay. Click the red arrow and it works.

Same no problems for me and I’m not bothered about the lack of commentary. Really enjoyed listening to the sacked in the morning chant too :laugh:.

it is frustrating that there isn’t a list of which games will or won’t be broadcast on bctv though  

• Like 2

Works OK, but the website seems to take me round in loops and circles every time I use it.  Wants me to login, even though I'm logged in, so I log out and then back in, click on the video and it takes me to my account details.  Eventually get in, but the whole website is amateur to say the least.

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Works OK, but the website seems to take me round in loops and circles every time I use it.  Wants me to login, even though I'm logged in, so I log out and then back in, click on the video and it takes me to my account details.  Eventually get in, but the whole website is amateur to say the least.

What you describe sounds more like a sympton of how your browser/internet security/virus checker is set up - at least if you are trying to access the game from a windows pc. It could even be your vpn software/provider if you are using one. With Firefox running uBlock origin plugin (turned off on bcfc/bristol-sport) on linux or windows 10, I get no issues.

Thanks Sleepy, it could be related.  I normally use Chrome, but couldn't get the video yesterday, so logged in on Edge, still had problems but eventually got it working on good old Internet Explorer.  Will have to remember for next time.

I do enjoy watching the away games as well as having a SC for home games.  Three of us watching together makes it very affordable.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Thanks Sleepy, it could be related.  I normally use Chrome, but couldn't get the video yesterday, so logged in on Edge, still had problems but eventually got it working on good old Internet Explorer.  Will have to remember for next time.

I do enjoy watching the away games as well as having a SC for home games.  Three of us watching together makes it very affordable.

Do you live abroad and travel back to Bristol for home games?

Remember you can "travel abroad" for every game of the season by getting a bit of software on your ipad or computor called a VPN (I use Nordvpn at around £55 a year).

Once its loaded onto your device (whih you can do with a simple download off the Web/App store - honest, its simple - I am not a computor geek....), you can then watch every BCTV stream from your armchair, (switch on your VPN, then click onto BCTC and bingo!)

• Like 1

For anyone after an inexpensive and reliable VPN, try Windscribe.  25gb for $1 per month.   And you can pay via PayPal as well, so don't need to hand over credit card details.  Best £12/y I've spent!  Not that I would advocate such blatant flouncing of international broadcasting rights, of course.......

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

For anyone after an inexpensive and reliable VPN, try Windscribe.  25gb for $1 per month.   And you can pay via PayPal as well, so don't need to hand over credit card details.  Best £12/y I've spent!  Not that I would advocate such blatant flouncing of international broadcasting rights, of course.......

Yes Steve, good point, it was just a friend who told me you could do this! so we are clear....

6 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Yes Steve, good point, it was just a friend who told me you could do this! so we are clear....

Probably the same friend that flies my private jet from Barcelona to Bristol every other Saturday 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/01/2019 at 14:18, Coin-op said:

Didn't there used to be a graphic on this page that showed the games?

Was sure I could recall seeing something before?

image.png

19 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Remember you can "travel abroad" for every game of the season by getting a bit of software on your ipad or computor called a VPN (I use Nordvpn at around £55 a year).

Once its loaded onto your device (whih you can do with a simple download off the Web/App store - honest, its simple - I am not a computor geek....), you can then watch every BCTV stream from your armchair, (switch on your VPN, then click onto BCTC and bingo!)

You don't even need to pay for the service, plenty of "free" ones out there . . . . .apparently :whistle:

3 hours ago, phantom said:

You don't even need to pay for the service, plenty of "free" ones out there . . . . .apparently :whistle:

I have watched (and paid for) on BCTV and also watched free on 'dodgy' streams.

Regrettably, I have to say that, when available, the 'dodgy' streams offer both a better picture and, most certainly, given that they are direct from SKY, BT or whoever, a better quality commentary.

1 minute ago, maverick1976 said:

Seriously, who let the 3 year old loose on the camera today! Zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out, spot the ball, out of shot. Utterly amateurish! Get your bloody act together ffs!

It is awful, if it wasn’t the only option there is no way in hell I’d pay for this crap. I can’t believe someone is being paid to do this professionally?? Or is Scotty Murray just filling in

The only way to subscribe for me was desktop then watch on mobile.

I had video but a hissing sound for the audio, then scores disappear, then it cut out completely, now the commentary has just shown up. 

Oh and then the city badge appeared in the middle of the screen mid game for no reason. 

So ******* tinpot it’s untrue 

This half time show is the most budget thing I’ve ever seen...

Downsey talking to people with ‘Dunder’ music on over the top of it way too loud so you can’t hear a word anyone is saying...

3 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Living abroad, i do so wish that BCTV was decent enough to start paying for, until I hear differently from current users then I will abstain from wasting my money, sorry to say

It's easily good enough to start paying for.

does anyone know why my bcfc tv keeps pausing, missed both goals because of buffering - just skips from showing the ball in the box and then jumps to the crowd celebrating.

ran a speedtest and my speed is 35mbps. tried on edge, firefox and chrome today and all three kept buffering.

anyone got any ideas? its very frustrating!

Edited by Coelho

What was Niki like on commentary...he was sat a few seats away from us.  He speaks very good English when I was chatting to him in the lift afterwards. 

First few minutes I had video coverage but just an annoying buzz for audio.  Improved after a while and stayed up and running out here.  My only complaint was that at half time I went out to pick oranges for juicing and a lemon for the essential VAT.  Came back in and City were 1-0 up.  Come on BCTV, that's not good enough!  Can't you just get the ref to delay second half kick off until I've finished my farming?

COYR   🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍋      :yahoo:

3 hours ago, Coelho said:

does anyone know why my bcfc tv keeps pausing, missed both goals because of buffering - just skips from showing the ball in the box and then jumps to the crowd celebrating.

ran a speedtest and my speed is 35mbps. tried on edge, firefox and chrome today and all three kept buffering.

anyone got any ideas? its very frustrating!

Por que Coelho? E Portugues?