IGNORED

Welcome back Frankie

Fordy62

I know he’s not the fashionable choice amongst many on here, but genuinely thought he had a fantastic game today. Handling was spot on and a couple of really good saves, not least the header from the corner. 

Nice to have some genuine competition for the No 1 jersey. 

Welcome back Frankie!

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I know he’s not the fashionable choice amongst many on here, but genuinely thought he had a fantastic game today. Handling was spot on and a couple of really good saves, not least the header from the corner. 

Nice to have some genuine competition for the No 1 jersey. 

Welcome back Frankie!

Managed to watch 20 mins or so of the stream up to 80 mins, from what I saw his kicking looked better. Handling was superb and that save from a Forest corner was brilliant. Looked like he'd been playing for the past 5 months!! 

1 minute ago, Scrumpy_247 said:

Great to see him back after such a torrid time with injury and illness. Wouldn’t surprise me if Johnson keeps him in the starting 11 for the next league game!

One thing's for sure with Frankie-when there's competition he rises to the challenge. Wouldn't be a surprise if he plays out his skin next few games!!

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Has a history when he is out of the team of keeping his head down, working hard, and then grabbing his chance when it comes round. Good game today from a real professional.

Probably one of the most consummate pros I've ever seen at City.  

6 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

One thing's for sure with Frankie-when there's competition he rises to the challenge. Wouldn't be a surprise if he plays out his skin next few games!!

Totally agree - Parish, O’Donnell etc he has won the gloves back from in the past!

30 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

A consummate pro and and a fantastic human being. Love the guy. So happy for him. Still he has competition at last which is good for the team.

34 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Managed to watch 20 mins or so of the stream up to 80 mins, from what I saw his kicking looked better. Handling was superb and that save from a Forest corner was brilliant. Looked like he'd been playing for the past 5 months!! 

Was about to comment on kicking as well - seemed to have more distance on kicks today. Great reaction save from the corner too.

Well done Frankie - don’t think he has even been in any matchday squads this season has he? 

Niki has done great but FF has done exceptionally to come back from where he has been to get some instant reward for that performance and 3 points today. 

Sounds like we have decent strength in depth around the defence and keeper now, scoring 1 is all that has been needed on quite a few occasions.

From the twenty minutes or so I saw on a stream he looked like he was coming out to claim crosses a bit more than he usually does. Has he had to adjust his game a bit now he hasn`t got Flint to head most things away in front of him? It`s one part of his game that`s always driven me mad so I hope he will do it more often now.

Welcome back Frankie.

1 hour ago, Scrumpy_247 said:

Great to see him back after such a torrid time with injury and illness. Wouldn’t surprise me if Johnson keeps him in the starting 11 for the next league game!

Something I would not like to see.

Maenpaa has been an absolute rock for us. For me the jersey is still his to lose. He wasn't dropped for his own poor form but for an injury. The truth is we look so much more composed and comfortable with Maenpaa as he oozes class; in his distribution, in dominance in the box.

Take the save from the corner, it was a worldy save. Don't think it would have needed to be made with Maenpaa though, that cross would have been his. 

For me Maenpaa is an outstanding goalkeeper. FF is a great servant and of course has the quality to play at this level, but it's unfortunate for him that his competition is just that little bit better. 

I think it's a situation where we should let Frankie move on. Nikki will do us well for 18 more months and then max can take over. Frankie should go become a club legend somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Icelandic Clap said:

I’ve never thought there was a real problem with his kicking, purely tactical instruction to kick it toward the touchline making him look bad.  Today he was asked to kick it more centrally.

8 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Exactly this. For all that he can look jittery at times, how many out and out gaffes has he actually made in his time here? Not many.

I think psychologically most fans count the times he kicked the ball out of play as gaffes. No doubt about it, that always was a definite shortfall of his game.

He also has a very recognisable stance, which I feel is easy to be made fun of when he's not on top form. Even based on Frankie's best games for us, I've been more impressed by Maenpaa is general, but like everyone else I'm delighted by Fielding's ability to fight for his place - one of the ones you want to keep at your club, like Stead.

From a fierce critic of FF to come back in a game like that and keeps clean sheet....fair play.

Also I must say at Derby away just before Christmas my daughter was lucky enough to be mascot and whilst she was in the changing rooms I had a chat with FF who was there but not playing. Generally one of the nicest blokes going. Spent ten minutes chatting about normal stuff like kids, house ,schools etc ....only ends up lives two doors next to my brother. 

He joked next time there pop over for a cuppa.... I said better not as I'm normally moaning about your kicking. He laughed...  and said check the stats. 

Seriously impressive bloke.

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I think Niki is an upgrade on him being brutally honest BUT we know Frank has excellent close range reactions and has never let us down. The rules are simple with keepers, if they are playing well they stay in the team. Frank clearly did the job today so he plays next week imo.

Agree but Nikki is 33 so is going to pick up injuries, Frankie has a slight age advantage so we still need him.

Archived