IGNORED

Drop ball

class not gas

1 hour ago, class not gas said:

Think Wiemann upset them at the end when he kicked it deep into touch when they were expecting him to kick it back to there keeper. None of there players would shake his hand at the end.

I'm sure earlier on in the game we would have given it back to the GK, but with seconds remaining I'm delighted that for once we were a little bit clever.

I'm sure any other player would have done the same in the same situation.

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Who was the team a year or two back that did exactly that to us, and then scored a very late equaliser from our throw in by the comer flag...?

Wolves away, I remember that. LJ got very riled up by it, probably made it a point from that day forwards that we should do the same when in a similar position

17 minutes ago, Reddrive said:

Good to see. Wiemann being 'streetwise'. 

Been guilty in the past of being too 'nice' and giving the ball straight back to them.

Exactly this. Additions of experience such as Hunt has added to this. 

Would still like us to be even more aggressive and nasty but we arent keeling over nowadays like we used to. 

I thought he was brilliant there. Just before he went to play it back to their keeper, the CB got his foot to it and they had the ball midway into their half. Great bit of thinking , meant they couldn't launch it, plus they were so pissed off they wasted their own time complaining. Bit like the guy down in our area :rofl2br:

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought he was brilliant there. Just before he went to play it back to their keeper, the CB got his foot to it and they had the ball midway into their half. Great bit of thinking , meant they couldn't launch it, plus they were so pissed off they wasted their own time complaining. Bit like the guy down in our area :rofl2br:

Is that the incident that Gary Owers commented about? unfortunately I lost the facebook link, so i didn't see it>

Nothing boils my piss like uncontested drop balls or putting the  ball out unnecessarily.  99% of the time the "injured" player is faking it and gets up fine after wasting some time refusing treatment and doing a 5 yard crip walk before running freely.  The ref can stop play if he feels there's a risk, otherwise play on.  Contest every restart.

32 minutes ago, Reddrive said:

Been guilty in the past of being too 'nice' and giving the ball straight back to them.

Too right. Football fans in general are so precious . If they’d been one up and did the same then the pricks would of been creaming themselves . 

Its a drop ball anyway , why ain’t they contested anymore . 

Let it bounce once lads , then you kick **** out of each other ?

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That rings a bell. They did what Weimann did today didn’t they? Pressured us and then

They kick a drop ball out for a  throw and pressured up at the throw and won a free kick which they scored from. Loved it today

1 hour ago, Reddrive said:

Absolutely spot on my friend. The poor little forest players were raging. **** them. It was all down to their player in the first place. 

I was at Highbury some years back, they played Blackburn. 1-0 up and minutes to go, similar situation and they played the ball out in the LB position. They then pressed really quickly , won the ball and equalised for a 1-1 draw. I really had to hide my smile (we were in the North Bank) .  I remember a bit of a fuss on MotD, since then I've seen countless teams do similar to us, it's about time we were 'streetwise'.

Anyone remember a game at the Gate, we threw the ball back to the opposition ( can't remember who) , the defender played it back to the keeper who, when pressed by Jackie picked the ball up from the backless. Even then the Ref didn't give us a free kick and let Tham play on despite Jackie complaining. Always too nice !

56 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

Thank god we've finally showed a 'nasty' side to our game... long may it continue winding up the opposition!

I agree he totally did the right thing... I also agree with what someone else said there should be a contested ball every time, no more debate and morals then. 

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Is that the incident that Gary Owers commented about? unfortunately I lost the facebook link, so i didn't see it>

Yes, before he did it, Gary Owers on RB was saying there is no rule and no reason to give it back to them. Quite right too.

Archived