IGNORED

Ratings v Forest

Davefevs

Firstly, a very professional away performance, with key players out through injury. Sat off at times, and allowed Forest to put pressure on, but mainly longshots.  When we built possession and pressure, we just missed that killer pass, bit of composure (cue: Kasey Palmer).

[caveat - I missed 15 minutes in middle of first half when stream went off, so relying on radio for that bit]

Ratings - 6 is a player earning his corn (no halves):

Fielding - 7 - provided the same assured keeping as Mäenpää, and Forest put good balls into the box from wide, that FF dealt well with.  His handling was secure, and made decent saves, ensuring any parries went wide rather than back out.

Pisano - 7 - rock solid.  Seamless transition from Hunt, and although he didn’t get forward it wasn’t a game where we needed to be expansive.

Dasilva - 7 - very encouraging away performance where the tendency might’ve been to go with Kelly, JDS gives us that ability to play and Jeep the ball moving.  Often he was the player springing the break.  He uses the ball intelligently and also plays with his head-up spitting the ball inside rather than restricting to only be able to clip it down the line.

Kelly - no rating - sensible sub from LJ to cope with Forest going direct in last 10 minutes.

Kalas - 9 - more than rock solid today, a real leader’s performance.  Won everything.  Was it his block in first half from Grabban’s shot?

Baker - 8 - much more like the Baker we saw early last season.  Might’ve helped Forest playing two up, so always had a man to mark, which he did well. Won his headers, kept it simple.  Can’t ask more.

Weimann - 7 - thought he caused them problems today, he came in off the wing better today to get close to Fam, and I know all us Weimann-Fanboys all go on about his movement, but the goal just showed it up.  He didn’t panic when his first touch wasn’t spot on and set-up Fam instead.  Unlucky in first half, but should’ve scored 1-on-1 late on.

Pack - 7 - some really excellent stuff in there today, but a few really poor pass selections. Overall a game where he stopped Forest getting a real head of steam.

Brownhill - 7 - much like Pack, some really good stuff, but some sloppy stuff too.  Those little chipped balls into the box that never look like beating the first man, really annoy me.  Drove us forward and a good performance overall.

O’Dowda - 7 - really want to see him have a game where he makes more right decisions.  For all the excellent ball carrying, the unnecessary skill-spot drag back and spin when it’s not needed frustrate me.  Needs to get his awareness improved....then we will see him create more.  He got us up the pitch, and did well in the air today.

Paterson - 5 - more like the Pato of 2 months ago.  Ineffective and weak throughout, the volley the only real contribution.

Palmer - 6 - I'm sure had he played from the start he’d have got a 7.  Came on, chased, harried, ran with the ball, and vision to create the pass fir Weimann’s assist.  That is the “magic dust” LJ has brought in.  I was happy for Pato to start today, but i’m sure Kasey will start on Friday.

Diedhiou - 7 - worked hard up front, won lots of flicks today, without being at his best.  But he got the goal, was physical enough to occupy their CBs.  

Wright - no rating - collects his win bonus!!!

This was a game we could’ve seen as a “draw being a good point”, but in reality Forest were there for the taking and we took them.

Well done all, would’ve easy to look to blame injuries.  Safe journey all travelling City fans.  Don’t drink from the Trent tonight, likely to be very salty! 

Only followed it on a stream as well, so nothing really to add.

Weimann is a real interesting one to reflect on. He has been a key part of a team on a great run, and certainly makes a decent contribution. Not the first time today he has linked up well with Fammy when it matters as well. Equally, just does seem to be able to hit a barn door at the moment, as the saying goes 'needs a goal'.

Palmer is really exciting. Do not want to get ahead of myself to much from a couple of subs appearances when he has made a real difference, but in the two games he has come on we were down in one and level in the other, and won both! Cannot come to a real judgement until he plays 90 a few times, but looks a signing that is just what we need on the evidence so far.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Harsh on FF Dave. 

Handling excellent & a near worldie. 8. 

He was a 7.499999999, so I had to round him down ?

Seriously though, it was a great comeback, and I’ve no issue with it being an 8, especially as it’s you Fordy ?

4 minutes ago, miser said:

Without disputing your marks,I'd skew them a bit more upfront. Defence was solid as well as midfield and we had enough up top to perhaps have got a second. Great team performance today.

Yeah, I think it’s one of those games (typically away) where defence gets the plaudits, and you miss the contribution of others.  

We could have been four up at HT. They all did great including Patterson...Typical. Great team performance, great win, great run and some need a scapegoat as per fcking usual

Five!! give it a rest!

However Palmer starts next week, we will wait and see if Patterson starts as well! 

21 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We could have been four up at HT. They all did great including Patterson...Typical. Great team performance, great win, great run and some need a scapegoat as per fcking usual

Five!! give it a rest!

However Palmer starts next week, we will wait and see if Patterson starts as well! 

Paterson 

24 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

How's your relationship with Lee going?

Honestly? Seeing as you asked, I’m not his biggest fan. He’s doing well at the moment though. Still nowhere near the football of the first half of last season, but I accept we’ve traded that for a built from the back approach. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly, a very professional away performance, with key players out through injury. Sat off at times, and allowed Forest to put pressure on, but mainly longshots.  When we built possession and pressure, we just missed that killer pass, bit of composure (cue: Kasey Palmer).

[caveat - I missed 15 minutes in middle of first half when stream went off, so relying on radio for that bit]

Ratings - 6 is a player earning his corn (no halves):

Fielding - 7 - provided the same assured keeping as Mäenpää, and Forest put good balls into the box from wide, that FF dealt well with.  His handling was secure, and made decent saves, ensuring any parries went wide rather than back out.

Pisano - 7 - rock solid.  Seamless transition from Hunt, and although he didn’t get forward it wasn’t a game where we needed to be expansive.

Dasilva - 7 - very encouraging away performance where the tendency might’ve been to go with Kelly, JDS gives us that ability to play and Jeep the ball moving.  Often he was the player springing the break.  He uses the ball intelligently and also plays with his head-up spitting the ball inside rather than restricting to only be able to clip it down the line.

Kelly - no rating - sensible sub from LJ to cope with Forest going direct in last 10 minutes.

Kalas - 9 - more than rock solid today, a real leader’s performance.  Won everything.  Was it his block in first half from Grabban’s shot?

Baker - 8 - much more like the Baker we saw early last season.  Might’ve helped Forest playing two up, so always had a man to mark, which he did well. Won his headers, kept it simple.  Can’t ask more.

Weimann - 7 - thought he caused them problems today, he came in off the wing better today to get close to Fam, and I know all us Weimann-Fanboys all go on about his movement, but the goal just showed it up.  He didn’t panic when his first touch wasn’t spot on and set-up Fam instead.  Unlucky in first half, but should’ve scored 1-on-1 late on.

Pack - 7 - some really excellent stuff in there today, but a few really poor pass selections. Overall a game where he stopped Forest getting a real head of steam.

Brownhill - 7 - much like Pack, some really good stuff, but some sloppy stuff too.  Those little chipped balls into the box that never look like beating the first man, really annoy me.  Drove us forward and a good performance overall.

O’Dowda - 7 - really want to see him have a game where he makes more right decisions.  For all the excellent ball carrying, the unnecessary skill-spot drag back and spin when it’s not needed frustrate me.  Needs to get his awareness improved....then we will see him create more.  He got us up the pitch, and did well in the air today.

Paterson - 5 - more like the Pato of 2 months ago.  Ineffective and weak throughout, the volley the only real contribution.

Palmer - 6 - I'm sure had he played from the start he’d have got a 7.  Came on, chased, harried, ran with the ball, and vision to create the pass fir Weimann’s assist.  That is the “magic dust” LJ has brought in.  I was happy for Pato to start today, but i’m sure Kasey will start on Friday.

Diedhiou - 7 - worked hard up front, won lots of flicks today, without being at his best.  But he got the goal, was physical enough to occupy their CBs.  

Wright - no rating - collects his win bonus!!!

This was a game we could’ve seen as a “draw being a good point”, but in reality Forest were there for the taking and we took them.

Well done all, would’ve easy to look to blame injuries.  Safe journey all travelling City fans.  Don’t drink from the Trent tonight, likely to be very salty! 

Can't argue too much. Maybe FF did deserve a little more, but I'm not his biggest fan. I'm glad you said that about Pato, I really try to stop myself commenting on him as he winds me up. I only got the stream in the second half and spent the first ten minutes swearing at him. Palmer will be an impact sub for the next month or so I think, maybe longer, but what I've seen so far I like. 
One last thing, I said on another thread, saw the Weimann "goal' and to me he looks well onside. I'm pretty sure the Linesman flagged for Fam and because the Ref doesn't talk to his assistants it was chalked off. 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Can't argue too much. Maybe FF did deserve a little more, but I'm not his biggest fan. I'm glad you said that about Pato, I really try to stop myself commenting on him as he winds me up. I only got the stream in the second half and spent the first ten minutes swearing at him. Palmer will be an impact sub for the next month or so I think, maybe longer, but what I've seen so far I like. 
One last thing, I said on another thread, saw the Weimann "goal' and to me he looks well onside. I'm pretty sure the Linesman flared for Fam and because the Ref doesn't talk to his assistants it was chalked off. 

My stream was sporadic in the first half, going off for 15 minutes.

46 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Harsh on Pato who I thought was pretty effective today and played a full part in first half dominance. Great team effort and excellent 3 points.

Disagree thought he was ineffectual throughout, bar the good volley attempt. All too often just looking to lay the ball off rather than trying to create anything. On the evidence of his 2 subs appearance, Palmer offers a major upgrade on Pato, who should be on the bench from now on.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, pretty salty wasn’t it.

My favourite point was a clear foul on Fammy where their player won the ball fairly but Fammy stayed up and was going to get to the ball on the touch line, so their player lifted his leg to take him out. Clear foul every day of the week. 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Palmer has done more in 60 mins across two games than Paterson has done in 12 months. 

Changed the game. What a signing. 

Calm down! He didn’t change the game. He added fresh legs and some nice little chops, step overs and tekkers. Looks good but relax Pete

Maybe during the bit you missed @Davefevs but Frankie made a right balls up of one back pass: but otherwise very sound and definitely worth a 7. 

As often with Dasilva, better going forward: huge contribution up to our goal, but when they really went for us after that he lost his man a couple of times. Bringing Kelly on was a good move.

Pisano, rock solid at the back, and pushed forward effectively, but he doesn't have the cross that Hunt has, and most of what he put in was high and lobbed exactly where their mammoth keeper wanted it.

agree with others 5 a bit harsh on Pato, thought he did OK.

Pack, yes, his passing wasn't always good, although he did make a couple of forward ones that found a City player today! But defensively he's immense: he enables our full backs to push up because of the way he drops back to make a three in defence, and does it very effectively.

overall though, just a good team performance today.

Archived