IGNORED

Can we attract better players because of where we are in the league

Coombsy

Who would you want? I can see a striker but how can we displace fammy, and are we going to get anyone better in reserve than what we have? I think KP was the missing link, I wouldn't expect us to do any more business, and I don't think we need to. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Who would you want? I can see a striker but how can we displace fammy, and are we going to get anyone better in reserve than what we have? I think KP was the missing link, I wouldn't expect us to do any more business, and I don't think we need to. 

Johnson's point today was he thought he needed a big man to take some pressure off Fammy. I took that to mean as an alternative off the bench and vice versa

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Johnson's point today was he thought he needed a big man to take some pressure off Fammy. I took that to mean as an alternative off the bench and vice versa

Ah fair I didn't hear that. Not sure what we are likely to get to be honest; a young one is largely going to be height and no physical presence, if he has both parent club aren't loaning to be a reserve..., an older head is likely not going to want to come here as second fiddle, and I would advocate against bringing in someone to go ahead of Fammy in the pecking order for a lot of reasons. I think LJ has wishful thinking. 

It is such a shame we lost Djuric. He was a great, great player imo. 

I think it does to a certain extent but as others have said it`s money in most cases. The other factor I think is that we are seen as a stable club who don`t keep chopping and changing managers on the whim of an owner - you can be pretty certain that if you were signed by LJ he`ll be your boss for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Ah fair I didn't hear that. Not sure what we are likely to get to be honest; a young one is largely going to be height and no physical presence, if he has both parent club aren't loaning to be a reserve..., an older head is likely not going to want to come here as second fiddle, and I would advocate against bringing in someone to go ahead of Fammy in the pecking order for a lot of reasons. I think LJ has wishful thinking. 

He was but he was rarely fit...I guess we will see but this team with the right additions could go all the way and I don't just mean play offs. Who wants to play us right now....I just keeping having this dream of a big big game against Boro!

21 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Interestingly, Milan has played 15 games without scoring for Salterina since his move.

Lois Diony, 5 in 20 for St Etienne for what it’s worth.

Some decent backup for Fam would be great

10 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

Interestingly, Milan has played 15 games without scoring for Salterina since his move.

Lois Diony, 5 in 20 for St Etienne for what it’s worth.

Some decent backup for Fam would be great

Probably not a lot. Milan was a bully, one of his strengths, held possession better than most I have seen, but for him to score goals, he needs just one thing and one thing only.... quality crosses. With respect to Salterina, I bet they don't have wingers capable. I know it's easy to say a striker needs service but even someone like Carsten Janker would have looked double dog Shit in a lower league. He is the type where he cannot and will not create his own goals. That's his limitation 

19 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Rudy Gestede anyone......

Always thought he was a decent striker, especially at this level.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Can't think of many of those target man types that can do what Diedhiou does. Gallagher always looked a handful, even if he doesn't score many. Huge wages might be a problem but i guess they might feel it's worth the gamble. Anyone think of any others?

17 in 64 starts at Champ level.  He’s got a decent all-round game for a big guy, but he’s never someone I’ve really fancied here.

I’d take Gestede of the two.

Archived