IGNORED

LJ interview on RB

Malago

7 minutes ago, Malago said:

Couple of notable comments.

Palmer starts next week against Bolton 

Confirmed the club’s looking to sign in this window a striker/frontman to cover for Fammy.

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Also suggested that today’s team will “need to go for the next 4-5 weeks” - reckon we will see a couple more loans come in

Yeah the way it seems. It was like he was teeing us up for two new players!! Any ideas?

The interviewer really should have pushed him more about the injuries. I accept you don't want to let the opposition know you have men down, but it was a real shock for the fans when we discovered at 2.15 that Webster and Maenpaa and Hunt were all injured.

He also said Kelly didn't start because he had taken a knock. Is this true, or is he about to move to a big club?

What are they doing in training, lining up the players against a wall and firing catapults at them?

The club is going to have to come out properly and say who has what injury, how it was done, and how long it will be. 

Hopefully Gregorian Gregory Gregor MacGregorface and Richard Latham will be able to get a bit more out of LJ in the other press conference for the papers.

Still, fantastic to win and keep a clean sheet when you have had to change 4 of your back 5 away from home. Come on You Reds!!!

5 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

The interviewer really should have pushed him more about the injuries. I accept you don't want to let the opposition know you have men down, but it was a real shock for the fans when we discovered at 2.15 that Webster and Maenpaa and Hunt were all injured.

He also said Kelly didn't start because he had taken a knock. Is this true, or is he about to move to a big club?

What are they doing in training, lining up the players against a wall and firing catapults at them?

The club is going to have to come out properly and say who has what injury, how it was done, and how long it will be. 

Hopefully Gregorian Gregory Gregor MacGregorface and Richard Latham will be able to get a bit more out of LJ in the other press conference for the papers.

Still, fantastic to win and keep a clean sheet when you have had to change 4 of your back 5 away from home. Come on You Reds!!!

Why? You have highlighted the need not give too much away, do you think that they should write to us all individually and ask us to keep it to ourselves?

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Hence that loans will be needed 

To allow players to rest and recover properly and not be returned too quickly. Perhaps the injuries have happened because we are pushing them too hard?  I don’t mean that in a negative way but if anything has been learnt from last season it’s we can’t burn out players.

We do have strength in depth to rotate, but that’s hard when you have landed on a winnning combination, why tinker. Fine margins either way I think.

19 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Forest don’t have spies!

34 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Ark at this un, must work for the CIA. 

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Also suggested that today’s team will “need to go for the next 4-5 weeks” - reckon we will see a couple more loans come in

Depends on the length of injury’s . You don’t want to bring players in for the sake of it . The old one month loan is gone so if we do then they’re here till May . We can cope for a month at the back . Hopefully have kory and Walsh match fit by mid March . Pato , cover for Kasey . We need a striker to cover fam , if I’m greedy I’d go for a out and out defensive midfielder as well but as I say , being greedy . 

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Funny old world isn't it. Djuric, highly rated here, and many sorry to see him go, no goals in 15 games in the Italian second tier. Lois Diony, enough said, 6 goals in 21 games in the French top tier. 

I never rated Duric as much as many seemed to

Im not sure I’d try and cover FD with a like for like - Would like to see a mobile frontman who could hold the ball up in a different way

Good physical forwards to act as a platform aren’t common these daya

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I never rated Duric as much as many seemed to

Im not sure I’d try and cover FD with a like for like - Would like to see a mobile frontman who could hold the ball up in a different way

Good physical forwards to act as a platform aren’t common these daya

Me too....I would like a speed merchant who can run the sides, or a Maupay/Hogan type (they’ll be too dear imho).

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Me too....I would like a speed merchant who can run the sides, or a Maupay/Hogan type (they’ll be too dear imho).

Someone to work the channels

Lee clearly sees FD as a ‘platform’ to work off which I have tbh I don’t see his greatest selling point -

Easiest example - Bobby Reid held the ball up much much better and gave us a good platform in a totally different way 

I think we have to really forget how we played in the past with Reid...we simply don't play that way anymore.

Famara gives so many different options.

For me, his biggest asset is at set pieces. Especially defensively...how many times does he win a header at corners our end.

He unsettles teams...we win a lot of second balls off of him when up front.

He's the physical threat that unsettles CB's...he is getting better at getting across his man and has a better understanding with his attacking midfielders imo.

He's not the finished article...and I've had my doubts about him, but he is giving us an edge at certain parts of the pitch.

It's no coincidence that we have the 2nd best defensive record in the league...and much of it is down to us defending better at set pieces, and often Famara is involved.

I don't see Famara as our prime goal scorer...we are presently lacking one. I see him as the secondary striker...the bully.

To get top two level we need a goal scorer...

If we had our defensive strengths now...and a Tammy or Reid (goals not pressing) up front with Famara, I'd see us as top 6.

Archived