IGNORED

Concerned

bcfctim

Pretty much since the start of the season I've felt we were in for a nice, calm midtable finish. Few dramas, never in any danger of going down but lacking the quality to sustain a real playoff push. But as this run keeps gradually rolling on and I look at the table to see us closer to West Brom in 4th than to 8th I can't help but feel the first faint glimmerings of belief that maybe, just maybe, this might be our year... we could yet be doing something after all...

I don't like it. Someone snap me out of it. We all know these things never end well.

8 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Pretty much since the start of the season I've felt we were in for a nice, calm midtable finish. Few dramas, never in any danger of going down but lacking the quality to sustain a real playoff push. But as this run keeps gradually rolling on and I look at the table to see us closer to West Brom in 4th than to 8th I can't help but feel the first faint glimmerings of belief that maybe, just maybe, this might be our year... we could yet be doing something after all...

I don't like it. Someone snap me out of it. We all know these things never end well.

Don't worry we are always only two poor results from a post from Bicester ***, to bring you back to earth.

24 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

I don’t like it also, please stop it now before people get too excited

8 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I think we can keep this run going up to the Norwich game, by then we will be in the play offs and comfortably well placed for the run in. If we steer clear of key injuries and a bit of Lady Luck then who knows - could it be our year???

That could make Norwich a 6 pointer. Hope you're right!

37 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Worrying innit?

Last week v Bolton we start the game with optimism that with the fixtures with us we can close the gap on the playoffs.  At h-t, we are 0-0, pretty much all results going our way, and there’s that little feeling that we are gonna miss a big opportunity, especially with Forest away coming up.  Lo and behold, we go 0-1 down..typical Bristol City.

But there is something different going on here.  We turn it around, and then go and win a tough away game too.

We are being teased aren’t we?

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I think we can keep this run going up to the Norwich game, by then we will be in the play offs and comfortably well placed for the run in. If we steer clear of key injuries and a bit of Lady Luck then who knows - could it be our year???

The thing that gets me is for a lot of this run we haven't been exactly spectacular, grinding results out rather than particularly blowing teams away, but the last few games there's signs we're starting to play with a bit more of a swagger, showing a bit more creativity. Early days but Palmer's cameos so far have been very promising, couple more signings in the works potentially.... and we're so solid at the back atm that we aren't needing to play all that well to get a result. If we do continue to pick things up further, who knows where we could go

2 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

The thing that gets me is for a lot of this run we haven't been exactly spectacular, grinding results out rather than particularly blowing teams away, but the last few games there's signs we're starting to play with a bit more of a swagger, showing a bit more creativity. Early days but Palmer's cameos so far have been very promising, couple more signings in the works potentially.... and we're so solid at the back atm that we aren't needing to play all that well to get a result. If we do continue to pick things up further, who knows where we could go

Something has clicked in the last month or so, defensively we have looked so solid but now the attacking players have stepped up. We could and should have had 4-5 against Bolton and today 2 if the Lino has been less trigger happy with his flag.

Soneone is going to get a hammering soon 

Fair play. Here we are late January and look at where we stand in the league.

Seems like only yesterday I stood here and argued with Robbored (and a few others) that top 8 was totally unrealistic with what we have.

Hey, we could drop away of course..   But, again fair play to all, but mostly to Lee Johnson Head Coach & chief

And guess what? I'm not gutted, devastated or anything else anyone cares to say.

I love BCFC and i'm over the moon with what's happening and happy as **** to be "wrong" anytime.

I'm well used to it.

COYR !

51 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

I completely understand your pain. 

For the first half of the season last time round, when we were there or there abouts, I spent every game worrying that we’d **** it up (which of course we did). I didn’t enjoy it at all because of the worry!

Its better this way round and better to look up rather than down. 

Two things I’d add though:

The negative is the niggling question of ‘have we peaked a little too soon?’

The positive is that throughout this run, we haven’t really hit our straps. We haven’t been amazing. Which makes me wonder if there’s another gear or two? I hope to god there is. 

1 hour ago, bcfctim said:

I have the same feeling but it ends well

Don't worry..............reality check, we need another 6-8 points to be safe ! Can't see where they're coming from .:shocking:

This time last season we drew 0-0 up at Derby, we were only 4 points better off than we are now. As I posted last week, I genuinely think we are in a great position to better our points tally from last season and that would see us pretty close to the Play Offs...possibly in them.

Great stuff.

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Worrying innit?

Last week v Bolton we start the game with optimism that with the fixtures with us we can close the gap on the playoffs.  At h-t, we are 0-0, pretty much all results going our way, and there’s that little feeling that we are gonna miss a big opportunity, especially with Forest away coming up.  Lo and behold, we go 0-1 down..typical Bristol City.

But there is something different going on here.  We turn it around, and then go and win a tough away game too.

We are being teased aren’t we?

Precisely Mr Featherstone

• Admin

Hi, 

Would it help if I introduced you to our record in the play-offs?

I think it's 9 we have entered, guess how many we've won?

Kind regards,

Mr Reality Check.

Last season, Fulham went unbeaten from 23rd Dec 2017 until the last game of the season on 6th May 2018.

They actually won 18 of their last 24 games, including 10 clean sheets in that run! 

Mitrovic also hit 12 league goals in 20 games from Jan until May as well.

If we can look to achieve half of that, then we have a great chance of making the top 6. 

I like that we've built from a solid base at the back, will always stand you in good stead that. 

Could Palmer and 'another' up top prove crucial?!

Exciting times...

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This time last season we drew 0-0 up at Derby, we were only 4 points better off than we are now. As I posted last week, I genuinely think we are in a great position to better our points tally from last season and that would see us pretty close to the Play Offs...possibly in them.

Great stuff.

That seems so hard to believe somehow, but it checks out. Wow. This is the opposite of what you're supposed to be doing!

22 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Hi, 

Would it help if I introduced you to our record in the play-offs?

I think it's 9 we have entered, guess how many we've won?

Kind regards,

Mr Reality Check.

Much better.

Ouch.

We have a winner.

While not wanting to lose , ever , it's when we next lose we can possibly judge our chances a little better. When we next lose, then come storming back with a convincing win, then I will really start to think that maybe , just maybe , we can mount a challenge. 
It's bound to be in the back of peoples minds that we are streaky, that one defeat can lead to 3/4/5. So after our next defeat , when we then thump someone 3 or 4 -0 , then I will start to believe.

39 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great stuff.

The nerd in me would love to see a progress graph comparing last season to this

2 hours ago, bcfctim said:

Keep taking the tablets everything becomes clearer , well that’s what they told me!

?

Archived