IGNORED

Time to sign

barneyrubble

What a position to be in . We are in with a chance now . We also have what looks like 3 fantastic loan signings from Chelsea who would obviously cost in terms of fees and wages.

However with new loan rules coming in Chelsea will have to move some players on. If we are serious about challenging what an opportunity to make 3 fairly risk free signings as we know there quality and temperment.

Surely if we are serious about going up this is too good an opportunity to miss?

People need to realise that it is highly unlikely Kalas would end up signing here permanently

A fee of £8-10m would first of all rule us out.

He is on £22-25k per week at Chelsea which we could probably stretch to.

However, I reckon there would also be the issue of about ten clubs above us who would want him, all the way up to teams like Leicester and Bournemouth.

These Club’s May also be happy to pay £30k +

18 minutes ago, Barney red said:

What a position to be in . We are in with a chance now . We also have what looks like 3 fantastic loan signings from Chelsea who would obviously cost in terms of fees and wages.

However with new loan rules coming in Chelsea will have to move some players on. If we are serious about challenging what an opportunity to make 3 fairly risk free signings as we know there quality and temperment.

Surely if we are serious about going up this is too good an opportunity to miss?

I agree but we have to remember that if any of them want to return to Chelsea when the loan is over then there’s bugger all City can do.

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

People need to realise that it is highly unlikely Kalas would end up signing here permanently

However, I reckon there would also be the issue of about ten clubs above us who would want him, all the way up to teams like Leicester and Bournemouth.

But Kalas has already said he wants to settle down at a club , and we are in poll position for that. 

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Surely if the likes of Leicester and Bournemouth were interested they would have gone after him long before now, given how well he had already played at Fulham and Boro?

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Surely if the likes of Leicester and Bournemouth were interested they would have gone after him long before now, given how well he had already played at Fulham and Boro?

Managers change at clubs  a lot so targets change. Also situations change.  Leicester need a centre back now with Morgan and Evans going backwards for example. All  I’m saying is it only takes a couple of Prem clubs interested and we stand very little chance. 

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Pretty sure I’ve just said why we aren’t in pole position !

If Chelsea have to off load a lot of players then perhaps 5-6m is a more likely figure. A little more within our budget I’d say

To get all 3 from Chelsea would be good business and tbh, could all play in the Prem if we did miraculously go up but top quality for this league 

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Managers change at clubs  a lot so targets change. Also situations change.  Leicester need a centre back now with Morgan and Evans going backwards for example. All  I’m saying is it only takes a couple of Prem clubs interested and we stand very little chance. 

Maybe, but no Prem clubs seem to have gone after him when he was available in the summer window, despite his excellent performances in the Championship. Not even Fulham, surprisingly.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

The fee that Fulham elected not to pay to take him was £6m. Baker is allegedly our highest paid player on £20k pw, so if £6m is still the asking price, I'd offload Baker and keep Kalas. Best centre back for defending I've seen play for us for decades.

Unfortunately @RedDave I have to disagree with you.

Kalas hasn’t been wanted by any prem clubs before even when he’s helped them go up. If we don’t sell any first teamers don’t see why we can’t afford his wages as we don’t really need to sign anyone else.

JDS, we have an option to buy so he will hopefully be ours at the end of the season on a small wage I imagine.

Palmer, is a mix of the two above. Can’t imagine he’s on loads and hasn’t had any interest from prem clubs. Can’t see why he will be out of our budget.

Where did you get the figures for Kalas’ contract at Chelsea? I just can’t see how someone who’s never really been included in the Chelsea team would be on that much

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Kalas too expensive in wages I think we’ve decided. 

Fee agreed on DaSilva if we want him and I’d be surprised if it isn’t the same for Palmer, who I’d say we haven’t seen enough of yet to be sure, although initial showings seem very exciting. 

In the last Mark Ashton interview he indicated we could sign Kalas in the right circumstances, eg get a good fee for Kelly or Brownhill

Pretty sure I’ve just said why we aren’t in pole position !

But your factors in signing him presumably applied in the summer and yet here he is. He's way beyond the age where Chelsea are going to care about whether a team develops him and insisted he moved here, so either we were the only ones prepared to pay for him or the only ones in for him.

Now I agree that if he's moving on permanently for £8-10 million in the summer he'll likely have other suitors and I'm not sure that SL would want to commit to paying his wages for 3 or 4 years as opposed to one, but if the club decide to finance it I think we'd be in with a shout with signing him- especially if we reach the play offs and SL decides to fund us 'going for it' next season. Doubly so if we actually get promoted

18 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Unfortunately @RedDave I have to disagree with you.

Kalas hasn’t been wanted by any prem clubs before even when he’s helped them go up. If we don’t sell any first teamers don’t see why we can’t afford his wages as we don’t really need to sign anyone else.

JDS, we have an option to buy so he will hopefully be ours at the end of the season on a small wage I imagine.

Palmer, is a mix of the two above. Can’t imagine he’s on loads and hasn’t had any interest from prem clubs. Can’t see why he will be out of our budget.

Where did you get the figures for Kalas’ contract at Chelsea? I just can’t see how someone who’s never really been included in the Chelsea team would be on that much

All of Chelsea wages readily available online. A lot of the top teams pay their reserves a lot of money, especially Chelsea.  Tammy is on £40k per week. Palmer is on £20k. 

I guess we will see at the end of the season where he ends up and who is correct! 

1 hour ago, kiwicolin said:

And how do you know what money he is on ? 

Leeds told him.

3 hours ago, Barney red said:

Surely what is needed is more goals?

All of Chelsea wages readily available online. A lot of the top teams pay their reserves a lot of money, especially Chelsea.  Tammy is on £40k per week. Palmer is on £20k. 

I guess we will see at the end of the season where he ends up and who is correct! 

I don’t think you have to explain yourself mate. Just a lot of hopeful city fans buzzing about our unexpected league position. I certainly can’t see us paying a record fee and about 30k a week on a defender. Would he be worth it? Probably but that really stretches us financially. 

We’d need some sales and some bigger wages off the books. The problem with bringing players through and replacing them is the difference in wages. Reid probably about 5k a week. Weimann probably 15k. So while we are making money we are adding to our losses. If we could perhaps offload Baker and Wright just to bring in Kalas then perhaps but it is not a game. Offloading Baker I imagine will be difficult with his wage and injury record. 

Also at that price you would find many interested. Ok no prem has gone for him but he is plenty champ proven. Stoke, Swansea, Cardiff, Huddersfield or West Brom could all afford him next season. He may want to settle at a club but not sure he is in a rush to make that decision. We aren’t even factoring in clubs across Europe. Could easily see him slotting in at clubs like Werder Bremen, Sampdoria or other middling clubs in too divisions. He will have loads of options I imagine and we may be on the list but we have many obstacles to figure out before we can sign Kalas imo. 

Re Kalas....a lot will depend on how we end this season.

Should we get promoted, you’d think we’d go all out to get him.  Really surprised Fulham didn’t buy him last summer, but Odoi had become first choice alongside Ream, but Kalas the better natural defender.

Anything else is gonna be hope.  He’ll be 26 at the end of this season, and he’s gonna be able to secure a deal that might be too much for City, should Chelsea be up for selling him.

Has he said he wants to settle down as inferred earlier in this thread?  I thought he was pretty much non-committal when he signed.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Re Kalas....a lot will depend on how we end this season.

Should we get promoted, you’d think we’d go all out to get him.  Really surprised Fulham didn’t buy him last summer, but Odoi had become first choice alongside Ream, but Kalas the better natural defender.

Anything else is gonna be hope.  He’ll be 26 at the end of this season, and he’s gonna be able to secure a deal that might be too much for City, should Chelsea be up for selling him.

Has he said he wants to settle down as inferred earlier in this thread?  I thought he was pretty much non-committal when he signed.

It would be amazingly tough on Kalas if we got promoted and then didn’t come in for him like his other loan clubs .

10 hours ago, Xspence said:

Any Chelsea scouts reading this - Lloyd Kelly is incredible, future England international, but we don’t want to stand in the way of his future career...... so out of the goodness of our hearts we will do a swap deal for all of JDS, TK and KP..... deal? 

COD will go to Leeds this window for a decent fee which will cover JDS move and LK will be sold in the summer freeing up funds to bring in Kalas if he wants to stay that is. KP will go back to Chelsea. No inside information just how I see it.

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

If teams like Leicester and Bournemouth wanted him then they’d have got him already. Likewise Boro and Fulham would’ve decided to loan him again in the Premier League after gaining promotion with him in the side but neither bothered. He’s 25 so not one they’d be buying for the future either.

Archived