Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

AN EVENING WITH TINNION AND FRIENDS


Recommended Posts

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER AT ANFIELD
LIVERPOOL 0-1 BRISTOL CITY 1994
25TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

SUPPORTERS BAR, ASHTON GATE
THURSDAY 24 JANUARY 2019, 6.30pm for 7.30PM

Those who have indicated they are coming unless circumstances alter are:

Keith Welch, Andy Llewellyn, Martin Scott, Mark Shail, Brian Tinnion, Rob Edwards, Glenn Pennyfather, Tony Fawthrop and Buster Footman.

The night will include footage from the game itself, a pre-recorded interview with yourself to be put on general release the following day, live interviews and a chance for you and supporters to mingle in the intimate environment of the Supporters Bar.
 

TICKETS ON THE DOOR OR:

The Football Club website article advertising the event is:

https://tinyurl.com/Anfield94

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Those who have indicated they are coming unless circumstances alter are:

Keith Welch, Andy Llewellyn, Martin Scott, Mark Shail, Brian Tinnion, Rob Edwards, Glenn Pennyfather, Tony Fawthrop and Buster Footman.

I know a few that have bought tickets so you can add them to that list, Mike. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

UPDATE

Glenn Pennyfather unable to come - involved with a West Ham team

Buster Footman doubtful

Phil " It's Tinnion with the effort ..." Tottle IS coming

I have to be honest, I thought he was dead.

Both him and Colin 'large Rovers contingent' Howlett

Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyable night, great to talk to the players

The sports bars great asset to our club

l wonder how many clubs in the championship would have our current manager, coaches and chief executive attending a night like this.

i believe there is a togetherness in our club past and present that is building to move us to our goal

Edited by red mist
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, red mist said:

Enjoyable night, great to talk to the players

The sports bars great asset to our club

l wonder how many clubs in the championship would have our current manager, coaches and chief executive attending a night like this.

i believe there is a togetherness in our club past and present that is building to move us to our goal

Sorry but you sound the same as the sags

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, red mist said:

l wonder how many clubs in the championship would have our current manager, coaches and chief executive attending a night like this....

Loads I guess, we ain’t unique with this sort of thing, although I think they’d have their staff turn up rather than ‘ours’ as you said.....eg the Sunderland documentary on Netflix showed how the senior management staff turned up to meet the fans at events....and that was when the6 were seriously struggling....do you reckon our guys would be so high profile if we were going down?

 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, red mist said:

Enjoyable night, great to talk to the players

The sports bars great asset to our club

l wonder how many clubs in the championship would have our current manager, coaches and chief executive attending a night like this.

i believe there is a togetherness in our club past and present that is building to move us to our goal

I would dispute your final point simply because it's taken 11 (ELEVEN!!!!!) games unbeaten to finally have any semblance of togetherness! Back at the start of December this page looked more like a battlefield from the civil war era than a football forum, and I'm pretty certain that the discontent expressed here was felt in all quarters of the club - dressing room included (and you've got to credit the players and management for not falling to pieces in the face of all that!).

Anyway, I digress. Sounds like a great night, would have dearly loved to be there. Staggering to think this was a quarter of a century ago! I don't just feel old, I feel bloody ancient  comprehending that. What a wonderful night at Anfield that was, as were the previous games against Liverpool in that tie. 

Any gossip to reveal!? Any boozy antics or crazy stories!? 

 

Edited by poland_exile
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Loads I guess, we ain’t unique with this sort of thing, although I think they’d have their staff turn up rather than ‘ours’ as you said.....eg the Sunderland documentary on Netflix showed how the senior management staff turned up to meet the fans at events....and that was when the6 were seriously struggling....do you reckon our guys would be so high profile if we were going down?

 

It was only a few weeks ago, on here, that some were telling us that we are destined to be going down this season..!

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a special night that was! 

It’s nights like that, that make it all worthwhile supporting a lower league club. 

A feeling that your typical armchair fan will never really understand or appreciate. 

As was the Man Utd game last season & a few stand out league & play off games. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What a special night that was! 

It’s nights like that, that make it all worthwhile supporting a lower league club. 

A feeling that your typical armchair fan will never really understand or appreciate. 

As was the Man Utd game last season & a few stand out league & play off games. 

No Brixton based Man United fan can ever feel the same thing. It’s tragic really. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

What a special night that was! 

It’s nights like that, that make it all worthwhile supporting a lower league club. 

A feeling that your typical armchair fan will never really understand or appreciate. 

As was the Man Utd game last season & a few stand out league & play off games. 

In 25 years time I can see Joe Bryan, Korey Smith, Zlatan, LJ and Jose reminiscing in the Sports Bar, they will bring the ball boy out who will lift LJ out of his HML tipping seat and spin him around, it will be beautiful

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

I'd forgotten quite how many chances Junior missed before we scored! :facepalm:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the game live as I was away skiing, but listened to the radio commentary on the car radio.

I have just gone in to the link, skipping until the latter stages to catch the goal, and I pick up the commentary as follows:

How did Junior Bent miss that?

I reckon that makes at least 5 open goals Junior Bent has missed over these two matches.

Junior Bent has not scored for Bristol City this season, and it is not hard to see why.

😁😀

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...