IGNORED

Team for Bolton

old_eastender

Don't think we should be risking any of our recently injured players for this match, hopefully 1 or 2 might then be back then for Brum Sat week, I'd pick:

Fielding

Pisano   Kalas   Baker   DaSilva

Morrell   Brownhill

Wiemann                          Eliasson

Palmer

Eisa

Fammy & COD on the bench in case we need them.

34 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Don't think we should be risking any of our recently injured players for this match, hopefully 1 or 2 might then be back then for Brum Sat week, I'd pick:

Fielding

Morrell   Brownhill

Palmer

Eisa

I think we might have a new striker in by Friday , other than that agree. Brownhill and Pack half each 

I think the bench could be quite interesting, with some of the more senior youngsters already out on loan, we could see a couple of the younger group on the bench and maybe get minutes if the game goes well. I was thinking Marcus Day or Sam Pearson, just based on reports, but @Davefevs and a couple of others might know of other potential players for this role.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think the bench could be quite interesting, with some of the more senior youngsters already out on loan, we could see a couple of the younger group on the bench and maybe get minutes if the game goes well. I was thinking Marcus Day or Sam Pearson, just based on reports, but @Davefevs and a couple of others might know of other potential players for this role.

Assuming there are no other injuries that I know of, we could go:

O’Leary

Wright, Kalas, Baker, Dasilva

Brownhill

Weimann, Morrell, Palmer, Eliasson 

Eisa

and still have

Fielding, Pisano, Kelly, Pack, Paterson, O’Dowda, Diedhiou 

on the bench, assumes Adelakun not in 18, before we get to the youngsters.  Having said that, no prob if one gets a place on the bench though.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Assuming there are no other injuries that I know of, we could go:

O’Leary

Wright, Kalas, Baker, Dasilva

Brownhill

Weimann, Morrell, Palmer, Eliasson 

Eisa

and still have

Fielding, Pisano, Kelly, Pack, Paterson, O’Dowda, Diedhiou 

on the bench, assumes Adelakun not in 18, before we get to the youngsters.  Having said that, no prob if one gets a place on the bench though.

I guess it will depend on who he benches and who he rests completely. I would think that, unless he has had a reaction to Saturday, they would want to give Frankie some more game time though. Is Adelakun injured, I was going to suggest him as one to come in for this game? 

Lets give some players a run out - also not sure if Adelukan is injured or not, but would rest a few players, not sure if we have any U23's that could step up, also not sure of our plan - do we want a cup run or are going to "concentrate on the league" good run could lift the club again but also we have last year breathing down our necks.

Lineup_Builder_Football_Formations_and_Tactics_-_2019-01-21_09.15.12.png

Maybe a bit of an old school opinion but I would go with the best starting 11 we can and try to keep the winning run going.

We are a "streaky" team and last week on the TV LJ was described as the "streakiest" manager in the Championship so lets not risk starting a losing streak by trying to be clever and rest players.

7 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Maybe a bit of an old school opinion but I would go with the best starting 11 we can and try to keep the winning run going.

We are a "streaky" team and last week on the TV LJ was described as the "streakiest" manager in the Championship so lets not risk starting a losing streak by trying to be clever and rest players.

But during our best "streak" last season we utilised the whole squad, we seemed to have a midweek team and a weekend team throughout September October and November, until the injuries started to hit anyway.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

But during our best "streak" last season we utilised the whole squad, we seemed to have a midweek team and a weekend team throughout September October and November, until the injuries started to hit anyway.

I think using the first team squad is different from resting players and playing youngsters who would not normally be anywhere near the first team.

Like I said its an old school opinion but I'd rather we set up to win than rest players. 

3 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Not sure of the team but I would start with NOT playing -

Kalas

Webster

Kelly

Brownhill

Pack

O'Dowda

Fammy

We could play Baker and Wright in central defence so that's OK, not sure we can get away with not playing Pack and Brownhill, I think they would need to play 45 each or something alongside Morrell. All the rest is possible. 

8 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I think using the first team squad is different from resting players and playing youngsters who would not normally be anywhere near the first team.

Like I said its an old school opinion but I'd rather we set up to win than rest players. 

Bolton will more than likely see this FA cup round as something they  could do without given their perilous league position and might well field an under strength team themselves.

Personally I’d give both Wright and Baker at CBs resting Kalas and Webster (more recovery time for him) 

LJ has said that Palmer will start and I’d like to see Eisa giving a start as well.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bolton will more than likely see this FA cup round as something they  could do without given their perilous league position and might well field an under strength team themselves.

Personally I’d give both Wright and Baker at CBs resting Kalas and Webster (more recovery time for him) 

LJ has said that Palmer will start and I’d like to see Eisa giving a start as well.

I think we might see a "wild card" Academy player like Sam Pearson get a start also. Positive messages and all that.

O'Leary

Pisano            Wright     Baker           Dasilva

Morrell     Pack/Brownhill (45 min each)

Pearson                                                                            Elliason

Palmer     

Eisa

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I would potentially play Wright at RB (allow Pisano acrest whilst Hunt injured) and allow Kalas and Baker to play more minutes alongside each other whilst Webster is out.

Would give the flexibility to shift into a back 3 at various times with that- like that idea.

O'Leary should get a game too IMO, Eisa getting a start will be interesting and Adelukan maybe could get a crack vs less challenging opponents and at home too.

7 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Fielding

Morrell   Brownhill

Palmer

Eisa

We're playing Swansea sat week.

On 21/01/2019 at 08:52, Davefevs said:

I would potentially play Wright at RB (allow Pisano acrest whilst Hunt injured) and allow Kalas and Baker to play more minutes alongside each other whilst Webster is out.

Wouldn’t risk Kalas, know it extremely unlikely to happen but one of our players fractured his jaw in an accidental collusion. Wright & Baker adequate to play centre half.

I think Pisano could do with another game get him match sharp 

On 21/01/2019 at 14:29, Robbored said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for Bolton , they have played Monday night then have to travel for an away match four days later on a Friday night . 

It isn’t very fair really so let’s put them out of their cup misery and hammer them.

:yes:

GK - Fielding

RB - Pisano (needs to get fully match fit)               

CB - Wright (needs to get fully match fit)       

CB - Baker 

RB - Kelly

RW - Adelukan

CM - Morrell

CM - Pack

LW - Elliason 

AM/10 - Palmer

FW - Eisa 

Depends on who's back from injury for the game. Are we likely to see Taylor? I think Diedhiou could do with a rest/start on the bench given our lack of options up top at present - he doesn't need to be risked for this game, which I expect us to win comfortably. 

13 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Fielding

Pisano Wright Baker Kelly

Adelakun Pack Morrell Eliasson

Paterson

Eisa/Taylor

not dissimilar to my selection, but I'd like to see how Palmer affects the game as a starter. 

Archived