IGNORED

Team for Bolton

old_eastender

Play a weaken team and your reward might be a replay up at Bolton on a cold Tuesday night, we don't play Swansea to the following week, so i would suggest we simply plck a team to win the match.

If we get through it is our home match with Birmingham that goes mid week, which is much simpler to handle than going out on a   Freezing cold night uo north.

Magic of the Cup, enjoy

I think the one advantage Bolton have is a big front line.  For this reason, I'd play Kelly rather than DaSilva (who hasn't won a header since he was 4 years old).

However, going against that, I would also play Wiemann on his own up front and rest Fam.  We know Palmer is playing so:

Fielding

Pisano   Kalas   Baker   Kelly

Morrell   Brownhill

O'Dowda                          Eliasson

Palmer

Wiemann

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Thank you I was about to take umbrage at @Chivs and ask if he has watched the lad play, because he reminds me of Matt Hill in the way he wins headers against much bigger players.

I think he has got a good leap on him, but importantly gets up early too.  Of course he will be disadvantaged by his lack of inches, at 5’6”.  But isn’t Bryan 5’8”?

I quite like Chivs idea of playing Weimann up top though.

If we don't sign another striker by Friday I wouldn't be suprised to see Weimann start up top and then Fammy to come on for 15 minutes or earlier if  are behind.  The fact Eisa hasn't even come on for 10 minutes or so of late makes me think he wont be in LJ's plans this season.

On 21/01/2019 at 13:34, Ashtonwurzel said:

O'Leary

Pisano            Wright     Baker           Dasilva

Morrell     Pack/Brownhill (45 min each)

Pearson                                                                            Elliason

Palmer     

Eisa

No 23's game until Cardiff next week so wouldn't be surprised to see an U23 or 2 on the bench who we could bring on if the game situation is right. Given what others have posted about LJ's comments on 18 fit players it would provide the chance to have more not in the matchday squad.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Chivs sorry, couldn’t resist?

43767D44-BD24-4612-A459-D55E3B20ED47.thumb.png.855c0dd5ac3a8c7cd9c5d39b2d385d98.png 

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Thank you I was about to take umbrage at @Chivs and ask if he has watched the lad play, because he reminds me of Matt Hill in the way he wins headers against much bigger players.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think he has got a good leap on him, but importantly gets up early too.  Of course he will be disadvantaged by his lack of inches, at 5’6”.  But isn’t Bryan 5’8”?

I quite like Chivs idea of playing Weimann up top though.

I'm not having this.  What's a headed clearance?  I'm not saying he can't head a ball.  I'm saying he doesn't win headers against many players but especially not against the likes of Ameobi or Donaldson.

Bear in mind 5'6" is probably his published height.  In reality, I guess he is 5'2" ?  ?

On 21/01/2019 at 13:01, CHIPLEY RED said:

Maybe a bit of an old school opinion but I would go with the best starting 11 we can and try to keep the winning run going.

We are a "streaky" team and last week on the TV LJ was described as the "streakiest" manager in the Championship so lets not risk starting a losing streak by trying to be clever and rest players.

LJ said the reason for the slump was fatigue and so maybe rest is more of a priority for him than before?

10 hours ago, Chivs said:

I'm not having this.  What's a headed clearance?  I'm not saying he can't head a ball.  I'm saying he doesn't win headers against many players but especially not against the likes of Ameobi or Donaldson.

Bear in mind 5'6" is probably his published height.  In reality, I guess he is 5'2" ?  ?

E3CA6D8F-84DA-4316-A36B-C7EF0711B4B4.thumb.png.cd71fc81cc719d5bc8902b1930b621af.png

he won one ?

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A superb contradiction in terms....! I salute you!

Is it? We have several youth groups so I would think the U23's would be considered the senior of those groups. A lot of the U23's are out on loan and the players from the junior squads have been playing instead.

I’d go with -

Fielding

Pisano Wright Baker Da Silva

O’Dowda Morrell Pack Eliason 

Palmer

Wiemann

That’s presuming  we’ve no fresh injuries or returning players.

Fielding, Pisano and Wright need the minutes.

Fam, Brownhill and Kalas rested as we can’t afford to lose them.

Wiemann up front as he’s been playing well recently and a goal would do him the world of good.

Archived