Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Robbored

Holloway on TalkSport

Yes I know he’s a Gas legend and I know he dislikes City with a passion but he’s a co host with Jim White and Bob Mills this morning and he’s getting load of plaudits via twitter saying to get him on him again.

They like his passion, his enthusiasm and energy and, believe it or not he’s talks a great deal of sense.

Tune in if you’re not already listening.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Aubergine 8
  • Unicorn 1

So let me get this right you bemoan anyone who brings up former city players. Citing that you have no interest in former players. But then start a thread on a former gas legend as you put it!?

Next you'll be reminding us of the halcyon days of driving a minibus full of gas fans to a really unimportant game.

Must say @Robbored you surprise me at times!!!

• Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Where's the thumbs down with a scowl emoji?

🤬 or 💩

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yes I know he’s a Gas legend and I know he dislikes City with a passion but he’s a co host with Jim White and Bob Mills this morning and he’s getting load of plaudits via twitter saying to get him on him again.

They like his passion, his enthusiasm and energy and, believe it or not he’s talks a great deal of sense.

He's a ******* idiot.

And an arsehole.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Where's the thumbs down with a scowl emoji?

Et tu Nogbad....

Just because of his gas links and dislike of City you and others choose to dismiss anything he might say......unfortunate as your bigoted view deprives you some very insightful views on football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Aubergine 9
  • Unicorn 1

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Et tu Nogbad....

Just because of his gas links and dislike of City you and others choose to dismiss anything he might say......unfortunate as your bigoted view deprives you some very insightful views on football.

Skeletor is a *****.

End of thread.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Et tu Nogbad....

So you're giving me a thumbs down with a scowl emoji and calling me 'a bigot' for disliking him,  but giving the thumbs up to Hollowhead?

Get thee to the gas forum, drive.

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Et tu Nogbad....

Considering your somewhat blurred lines on what makes a club "legend"......please explain how you can describe Holloway as a gas "legend"? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

He's a ******* idiot.

And an arsehole.

The subject of the thread, or the creator...?

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Turned talk sport off as soon as they announced he was co hosting, i do the same when Colin is on.

I must say im starting to dislike Jim White as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

He's a ******* idiot.

And an arsehole.

Robbored or Holloway?

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

The subject of the thread, or the creator...?

Beat me to it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Blokes a complete 🛎 end 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So you're giving me a thumbs down with a scowl emoji and calling me 'a bigot' for disliking him,  but giving the thumbs up to Hollowhead?

Jeez Nogbad, I've heard of hatred for Rovers but you really would inflict upon them Henbury Gas and Robbored? Wonder which one would be Jim Carrey and which would be Jeff Daniels... 

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Et tu Nogbad....

Care to share one of the insightful views? All I've ever heard that fool come out with is inanity.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No thumbs down from me Nogbad.

Im surprised that you have such a bigoted view towards Holloway that’s all.

45 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

What's this got to do with City?

minibus driver?

11 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Considering your somewhat blurred lines on what makes a club "legend"......please explain how you can describe Holloway as a gas "legend"? 

My gas mates consider him  a gas legend. I only ever saw him play at AG in an opposing shirt.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

unfortunate as your bigoted view deprives you some very insightful views on football.

I would rather read about our ex players than listen to that tw*t Hollowhead. Hope that’s okay with you? 

11 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Blokes a complete 🛎 end 

You might change you view if you heard what his views on football are. Very perceptive and insightful.

Edited by Robbored

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You might change you view if you heard what his views on football.

The only view I can recall him ever spouting is that he thinks City and rovers should merge. What on earth makes you think he has anything less insane to offer?

Just now, Robbored said:

You might change you view if you heard what his views on football.

Sorry RR but I completely disagree with you on this one, he has nothing significant to say that hasn't been said by others, his only saving grace from a media point of view is that bumbling West Country yokel act with his bizarre analogies. 
I also don't share your love for Talksport, so he can stay there as far as I am concerned as I am less likely to ever hear him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You might change you view if you heard what his views on football are. Very perceptive and insightful.

Not a chance , complete 🛎 end always has been always will be

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Turned talk sport off as soon as they announced he was co hosting, i do the same when Colin is on.

I must say im starting to dislike Jim White as well. 

Jim White is one of the most hypocritical blokes I've ever heard on Talksport..... Can't stick him any longer always re-tune at 10am once Alan vacates the building. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My gas mates consider him  a gas legend. I only ever saw him play at AG in an opposing shirt.

But in your own words you said "I know he is a gas legend". So, how do you know? What has he achieved to make you know he is a gas legend?

Or do you just believe everything your gas mates tell you?

1 minute ago, CityBS15 said:

Jim White is one of the most hypocritical blokes I've ever heard on Talksport..... Can't stick him any longer always re-tune at 10am once Alan vacates the building. 

Alan’s just as bad, but then it is TalkSport. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Olé said:

Has Neymar called in yet?

Not sure,heard someone mention rabbit hutches though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Not a chance , complete 🛎 end always has been always will be

He's the callus on the masturbating hand of Beelzebub's half wit brother.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Olé said:

Has Neymar called in yet?

I tried to get thro with a spurious subject and was going to throw in chicken hutches but they didn’t ring back !

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry RR but I completely disagree with you on this one, he has nothing significant to say that hasn't been said by others, his only saving grace from a media point of view is that bumbling West Country yokel act with his bizarre analogies. 
I also don't share your love for Talksport, so he can stay there as far as I am concerned as I am less likely to ever hear him.

run out of likes for the day (why does that happen!?), but yeah, bang on. Makes us all look like carrot crunching half-wits. He's a parody character that does more harm than good in terms of public perception of Briz, whilst his football knowledge is such that he's been found out at pretty much every club he's managed in recent times. Bloke's a buffoon, and in that regard, makes a fantastic ambassador for the Horfield Comedy Club. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ColeCiderRed said:

So let me get this right you bemoan anyone who brings up former city players. Citing that you have no interest in former players. But then start a thread on a former gas legend as you put it!?

Next you'll be reminding us of the halcyon days of driving a minibus full of gas fans to a really unimportant game.

Must say @Robbored you surprise me at times!!!

Robbored’s sin was not driving a load of gasheads to Wembley, his sin was driving them back to Bristol again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Talkshite and skeletor, that's the sporting equivalent of listening to Timmy Mallet talking about quantum physics on Heart FM.  Talking sense?  Have a word with yourself.

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

run out of likes for the day (why does that happen!?), but yeah, bang on. Makes us all look like carrot crunching half-wits. He's a parody character that does more harm than good in terms of public perception of Briz, whilst his football knowledge is such that he's been found out at pretty much every club he's managed in recent times. Bloke's a buffoon, and in that regard, makes a fantastic ambassador for the Horfield Comedy Club. 

For a whole £5 you can have as many likes as you want for a whole year. 

image.png.fbcd7af2538b8e33551ca691e3ab4063.png :whistle:

• Like 3

I like Talksport, especially Adrian Durham, idiot and blinkered fans taking the bate and phoning up make my commute home very enjoyable!  Also H&J are really funny, and it’s not all football, and Mike Parry is brilliant.  Agree on Jim White though, he doesn’t offer much for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

IMG_2549.JPG.77fae7c3bd4e8ca829f09babaad00b4a.jpg

• Haha 1

So Robbored posts a deliberately provocative OP praising up the most hated Gashead of them all and ............................

............................sits back and waits for the fish to bite and revels in the  attention he gets

z.z.z.z.z.z.z.z.z.z.z.z.z.z.

Edited by CodeRed
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Talkshite and skeletor, that's the sporting equivalent of listening to Timmy Mallet talking about quantum physics on Heart FM.  Talking sense?  Have a word with yourself.

TalkSport is my default listening in the mornings. Jim White gets some interesting people on and is a champion for the clubs with absent owners. 

Friday morning is particularly good with Perry Groves and his quiz.

By referring to the programme as TalkShite suggests that you’ve never listened to it for any length of time or you simply don’t value lively debate and fascinating guests - possibly both.........

• Like 2