IGNORED

Holloway on TalkSport

Robbored

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Any of you met Holloway ?

He is actually a nice chap. Plays up for the camera/microphone a bit but under it all a decent guy.

But then also we all know what he actually thinks about our club - true colours came out in that Neymar video didn't they?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yes I know he’s a Gas legend and I know he dislikes City with a passion but he’s a co host with Jim White and Bob Mills this morning and he’s getting load of plaudits via twitter saying to get him on him again.

They like his passion, his enthusiasm and energy and, believe it or not he’s talks a great deal of sense.

Tune in if you’re not already listening.

Stopped listening to Talk Sport many, many years ago. Really not sure why you seem to want to invite distain and ridicule by posting this sort of rubbish

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Et tu Nogbad....

Just because of his gas links and dislike of City you and others choose to dismiss anything he might say......unfortunate as your bigoted view deprives you some very insightful views on football.

You haven’t addressed the part about you slagging off posts about our ex players yet you initiate a thread about Holloway. Don’t throw words like ‘bigot’ around until you have read up fully on UK libel laws. Otherwise people might start saying ‘hypocrite’ at you. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yes I know he’s a Gas legend and I know he dislikes City with a passion but he’s a co host with Jim White and Bob Mills this morning and he’s getting load of plaudits via twitter saying to get him on him again.

They like his passion, his enthusiasm and energy and, believe it or not he’s talks a great deal of sense.

Tune in if you’re not already listening.

Gas sympathiser backs gas legend shocker ?

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

The only view I can recall him ever spouting is that he thinks City and rovers should merge. What on earth makes you think he has anything less insane to offer?

I've actually agreed with this in the past with the first team playing in red and the reserves in blue.  Nowadays of course, it would be our third team that would need to play in blue.

Of course, if we merged, we could also sell the Mem and build ourselves a 27k all seater stadium (Oops, we've done that already and selling the Mem would only raise enough cash to pay off the mortgage).

57 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It's basically the Daily Star of the airwaves.  About the right level I guess.

I’m a sports fan Nibor - TalkSport is a radio station dedicated to my favourite hobby.

I really struggle to understand why some posters are so dismissive of the worlds most popular sports radio show.

It suggests to me that they’ve never listened to it for any length of time. 

I concede that I don’t ever listen to it in the afternoons when it gets blantantly transparent and OTT. The presenters are pretty crap  once Alan Brazil and Jim White are off air.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I’m a sports fan Nibor - TalkSport is a radio station dedicated dedicated to my favourite hobby.

I really struggle to understand why some posters are so dismissive of the worlds most popular sports radio show.

I concede that I don’t ever listen to it in the afternoons when it gets blantantly transparent and OTT. The presenters are pretty crap  once Alan Brazil and Jim White are off air.

I've been forced to listen to it when in someone else's car on a number of occasions.  It's made up bullshit designed to make Murdoch more money through advertising by manufacturing controversy and polarising opinions to produce boring outraged debate.  Popular and good are two very different things.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m a sports fan Nibor - TalkSport is a radio station dedicated dedicated to my favourite hobby.

Then you go ruin it with your last sentence.

H&J and Durham are good shows, and the live football commentaries are excellent on TS and TS2.

Miles better than the bed-wetters over on 5Live for certain.

I want football talk and not politics and a lecturing.

TS, for me

I will admit to listening to Talksport2 when the cricket was on, as that was the only place to get it, and it was OK to be fair, but the normal Talksport channel is horrendous, like an aural version of the Sun, over the top hysterical presenters with regular doses of over the top hysterical adverts and it is hard to tell the difference a lot of the time so you're not sure if yo're being informed or sold something! I lasted about 15 minutes I think.

37 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I've been forced to listen to it when in someone else's car on a number of occasions.  It's made up bullshit designed to make Murdoch more money through advertising by manufacturing controversy and polarising opinions to produce boring outraged debate.  Popular and good are two very different things.

Based on what sounds like very little time actually listening to TS you’re able to conclude that it’s designed to make Murdoch more money thru advertising and by polarising opinions.......

Sounds like pretty much any newspaper be it a redtop or a broadsheet.

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m a sports fan Nibor - TalkSport is a radio station dedicated to my favourite hobby.

Jim white just kisses buttocks all day 

Archived