IGNORED

How much is Diedhiou worth now?

reddogkev

Just wondering people's opinion, and no, I'm not suggesting he should be sold, before you ask!

What did he cost us, £5.3million?  Now he's shown that he can score goals and win games for us at this level, over a 2-season period, he must be at least £10million, if not more.

Too high or too low?

We all know his main strengths and weaknesses, and his obvious love for scoring.  Be interesting to read any comments on the subject.

Don’t think what other sides might offer for him would be worth selling. Meaning while I think he has gained value, that it wouldn’t be loads more than what we purchased him for. I’d say 8-10m euros(use euros because he’d have european suitors). There is barely a profit there. 

Depends on Fam and who offered money for him. If he wanted to leave that is good money for someone who does not want to be here. If he is happy here I don’t think we’d sell at that price just yet. 

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don’t think what other sides might offer for him would be worth selling. Meaning while I think he has gained value, that it wouldn’t be loads more than what we purchased him for. I’d say 8-10m euros(use euros because he’d have european suitors). There is barely a profit there. 

Depends on Fam and who offered money for him. If he wanted to leave that is good money for someone who does not want to be here. If he is happy here I don’t think we’d sell at that price just yet. 

Would you say, in your opinion, that he will be an asset the club look to sell for a large profit, like Kodjia for example?  Of course, this all depends on offers being received in the future.  I wouldn't want us to sell Fammy any time soon, but if that day happens, as he has proven himself as a regular Championship scorer, I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least £3million profit.

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Transfermarkt is a terrible source for values that clubs would sell at. 

Good example is Kelly with a value of 750k

Transfrmaket is actually decent in a lot of ways but in terms of valuations you have to look at the fluctuations rather than the actual figure itself, like Kelly has gone from £90k to £675k in a year showing that his valuation has risen dramatically whereas Diedhiou's is 5.4m, up from his valuation of 3.6m before he joined us. Since joining us his valuation has remained at 5.4m so I'd say another move for the same difference would put his valuation at around 7.2m making 8-10m a fair valuation for him. Transfrmarket essentially makes you do the math but it gives you the tools to make a fair assessment.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Would you say, in your opinion, that he will be an asset the club look to sell for a large profit, like Kodjia for example?  Of course, this all depends on offers being received in the future.  I wouldn't want us to sell Fammy any time soon, but if that day happens, as he has proven himself as a regular Championship scorer, I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least £3million profit.

In all honesty if we had other strikers as options then I'd sell Fammy for a £5m profit but as it stands we really need him so his value to us is far beyond what anyone is going to offer for him.

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

10 million easily. 

Especially when considering Boro bought Assombalonga for 15 million from Forest. Is he 'that' much better than Fam at this level? Hmmm.

Absolutely. 

He has the exact same goals to games ratio as Kodjia did for us when he left. Deserves more respect than he gets.

Well , just recently, posters on OTIB were saying how we’d lose money on him .

I would think today we would easily recover our 5 million and probably get 3 million on top .

Strikers are very hard to find at this level and  his qualities outweigh his faults.

If he notches twenty this season he would be in the 10 million range no problems in the summer market.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder how much kodjia's 15 million would be in today's money? Certainly more than 15. We would get big money for Diedhiou or we simply wouldn't sell. Unless his contract was up in 6 months to a year of course.

Well his valuation was £10m when he joined Villa and since then it's dropped to £9m, I think around £12m would be a fair price for him now as he's now 29 and hasn't had a prolific season since his first at Villa. I honestly don't think he's going up in value, if anything he's going down and is someone Villa may need to rely on next season as I don't see Tammy becoming permanent based on their league position and results.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Transfrmaket is actually decent in a lot of ways but in terms of valuations you have to look at the fluctuations rather than the actual figure itself, like Kelly has gone from £90k to £675k in a year showing that his valuation has risen dramatically whereas Diedhiou's is 5.4m, up from his valuation of 3.6m before he joined us. Since joining us his valuation has remained at 5.4m so I'd say another move for the same difference would put his valuation at around 7.2m making 8-10m a fair valuation for him. Transfrmarket essentially makes you do the math but it gives you the tools to make a fair assessment.

True just meant it doesn’t give you a selling worth. Then again, how could it? So many dofferent factors. Though I have noticed their values tend to roughly match their last transfer. Bryan is at 6m euro. Sold for 5-6m

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

You have to look at everyone as an asset really. We want to make money on everyone. 

My valuation is almost solely based off his goal return this campaign. Also the fact he missed roughly half a season the previous. Also he is a striker that needs service to score. Think prices almost double when you talk about someone who can create their own. Think that is why Kodjia netted that sum. Why I think players like Dack and Bowen(not even strikers but goal scorers who create their own often) will go for more than Diedhiou when/if we sell Diedhiou. 

For us a 3-4m profit is nothing to be ashamed of. Think the hope was always to be the next Kodjia but he isn’t. Not a bad thing because Kodjia was a special buy that won’t happen often. Went for 5-7x his initial fee and that will be hard to reproduce at the type of money we buy players at. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

True just meant it doesn’t give you a selling worth. Then again, how could it? So many dofferent factors. Though I have noticed their values tend to roughly match their last transfer. Bryan is at 6m euro. Sold for 5-6m

You have to look at everyone as an asset really. We want to make money on everyone. 

My valuation is almost solely based off his goal return this campaign. Also the fact he missed roughly half a season the previous. Also he is a striker that needs service to score. Think prices almost double when you talk about someone who can create their own. Think that is why Kodjia netted that sum. Why I think players like Dack and Bowen(not even strikers but goal scorers who create their own often) will go for more than Diedhiou when/if we sell Diedhiou. 

For us a 3-4m profit is nothing to be ashamed of. Think the hope was always to be the next Kodjia but he isn’t. Not a bad thing because Kodjia was a special buy that won’t happen often. Went for 5-7x his initial fee and that will be hard to reproduce at the type of money we buy players at. 

I found it a struggle with euros but you can also get it in £.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-city/transfers/verein/698

Use that as a starting point and if you bookmark that page, and access via that page then you can see transfers for anyone in £.

Profit on transfer is a funny thing.

Diedhiou fee £5.4m, 4 year deal.

There are three types of transfer profits in football.

The commonest measurement is Net Spend. Spend x, bring in y for your club as a whole- if it's higher than what you spent, profit. If lower, loss.

When it comes to individual players, the simplest measurement- buy for 'x' sell for x+y=cash profit. Simple, cut and dry-Kodjia and Flint obvious examples.

Then you have amortisation etc.

With Diedhiou, assuming that the fee is broadly correct amortisation cost- £1.35m per season. If we sold him this January just say then roughly this is the case- taking it as 1.5 years into a 4 year deal. So long as it's above £3.375m it is a profit in the books for this season. Essentially this is profit on player trading, aka what's in the accounts. Fee-Remaining book value=profit on player.

What I'm unsure about is whether the remaining book value wiped out would be added to profit or simply reduced from costs for the existing season and moving forward for the existing duration of the deal. However if somehow we sold him for £4.8m in January it would look like a big disappointment but actually would be a passable boost to financial position despite seemingly being a clear loss.

If you'd have asked this question at the start of the season I'd have said we'd have probably just got our money back, maybe £6m. I didn't see any drastic improvement in him for us to justify asking for a significantly higher fee.

However, the improvement he's shown with his touch and strength over the last 8-10 games (and his general link up play) has been fantastic. Whilst he's kept up his 1 in 3 goal ratio, he's added a lot more to his overall game that the whole team has benefited from. Hats off to Fam and the coaching staff. If he keeps up this progression it wouldn't surprise me to see a few teams scouting him a bit more.

His transfer fee would also slightly change depending on who's doing the paying. As we'd put a higher premium on selling him to a Championship rival than say a team from the continent.

Like the majority it would seem, at the moment I'd probably say £8-10m. 

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Also he is a striker that needs service to score. Think prices almost double when you talk about someone who can create their own. Think that is why Kodjia netted that sum. Why I think players like Dack and Bowen(not even strikers but goal scorers who create their own often) will go for more than Diedhiou when/if we sell Diedhiou. 

Excellent point. I was going to say something similar about creating something out of nothing. I don't think it's unfair to say that, unfortunately for Fam, he doesn't have this in his locker or raw pace to trouble a defender when he's one on one.

56 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We don't deal in Euros in this country Joe, and we never will.

If (when) Fammy goes I very much doubt he'll leave England anyway - I'm sure he viewed his move to City as a stepping stone to a bigger club in this country.

His value? If he stops hitting the woodwork so much (so his goal tally looks even more impressive) we'll be looking to double our money - £11m - by the time he moves on imo.

A full season without injuries and a bit of luck and he's more than capable of breaching the magic 20 goal barrier which would really get him noticed.

In that case we could even be talking stupid money, or 'Euros' as it's otherwise known. :whistle2:

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If (when) Fammy goes I very much doubt he'll leave England anyway - I'm sure he viewed his move to City as a stepping stone to a bigger club in this country.

His value? If he stops hitting the woodwork so much (so his goal tally looks even more impressive) we'll be looking to double our money - £11m - by the time he moves on imo.

A full season without injuries and a bit of luck and he's more than capable of breaching the magic 20 goal barrier which would really get him noticed.

In that case we could even be talking stupid money, or 'Euros' as it's otherwise known. :whistle2:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/famara-diedhiou/profil/spieler/237125

Can see it in £ here. For any club, just a case of bookmarking etc.

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Well , just recently, posters on OTIB were saying how we’d lose money on him .

I would think today we would easily recover our 5 million and probably get 3 million on top .

Strikers are very hard to find at this level and  his qualities outweigh his faults.

If he notches twenty this season he would be in the 10 million range no problems in the summer market.

I was certainly wondering whether we’d get money back 3 months ago, but just goes to show the peaks and troughs of striker valuations.  Would think it would take a bid of £10m to make us twitch in this window.  Let’s not forget Angers sell-on percentage too.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/famara-diedhiou/profil/spieler/237125

Can see it in £ here. For any club, just a case of bookmarking etc.

Here’s my bookmark for the stats fan out there.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-city/leistungsdaten/verein/698/reldata/%262018/plus/1

This is my start point for any City player stats.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well that shows how much crazy money these championship strikers are going for. People saying 8 for Famara are way too low.

To be fair I think Kodjia was a major overpayment, he signed for us for £2.7m and went a season later for £14m, that was just a ridiculous overpayment from Villa and we benefitted massively from it. I'd also dare to say Fammy doesn't have the hype that Kodjia has about him, Fammy goes under the radar whilst Kodjia was blowing it up with his first season for us.

15 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I actually did it in euros because I find it more likely he would go back into Europe imo. Somewhere like Turkey or Italy

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I actually did it in euros because I find it more likely he would go back into Europe imo. Somewhere like Turkey or Italy

As I say, I think his (or his agent's) career masterplan when signing for us was to get noticed and move on to the big money PL.

No idea why you think Turkey or Italy more likely?

I think I'm right in saying City remain the highest woodwork hitters in all 4 divisions, hitting it an extraordinary 16 times.

I remember quite a few of those to have been by FD, yet he's still got 8 goals despite missing the first 6 games, and having to get up to speed after that.

Not brilliant, but his scoring record remains reasonably impressive and would be even more so if he'd been even averagely fortunate this season.

If he really gets going - both this season and last season were disrupted - he could easily be a 20 goal striker imo.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As I say, I think his (or his agent's) career masterplan when signing for us was to get noticed and move on to the big money PL.

No idea why you think Turkey or Italy more likely?

I think I'm right in saying City remain the highest woodwork hitters in all 4 divisions, hitting it an extraordinary 16 times.

I remember quite a few of those to have been by FD, yet he's still got 8 goals despite missing the first 6 games, and having to get up to speed after that.

Not brilliant, but his scoring record remains reasonably impressive and would be even more so if he'd been even averagely fortunate this season.

If he really gets going - both this season and last season were disrupted - he could easily be a 20 goal striker imo.

Just a feel I get. Not sure prem teams will like his scoring record(again this season). Higher champ clubs maybe. Think his initial fee is what does it for me. Also think he has mentioned Turkey before. Again just an opinion though. 

I can recall Diedhiou hitting the bar 4-5 times with powerful headers. He is a real threat when he gets a step. 

I really like him for us. I just struggle to see another team where he’d fit in our league. At least a team around us or higher. We are almost a perfect fit for him. Glad people are realising how good a player he is. Obviously he has stepped up his efforts as of late but he has always had this potential. I do think he needs cover but at the same time he feels like someone who can lose match sharpness by not starting or playing 60-70 minutes. 

Archived