IGNORED

How much is Diedhiou worth now?

reddogkev

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Just a feel I get. Not sure prem teams will like his scoring record(again this season). Higher champ clubs maybe. Think his initial fee is what does it for me. Also think he has mentioned Turkey before. Again just an opinion though. 

I can recall Diedhiou hitting the bar 4-5 times with powerful headers. He is a real threat when he gets a step. 

I really like him for us. I just struggle to see another team where he’d fit in our league. At least a team around us or higher. We are almost a perfect fit for him. Glad people are realising how good a player he is. Obviously he has stepped up his efforts as of late but he has always had this potential. I do think he needs cover but at the same time he feels like someone who can lose match sharpness by not starting or playing 60-70 minutes. 

Remember him hitting the bar twice v stoke at home still didnt stop some going into complete meltdown on here ,slating him after the game  embarrasing some of the comments really..

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely. 

He has the exact same goals to games ratio as Kodjia did for us when he left. Deserves more respect than he gets.

His goals to minutes played is very good (and would have got 20 last season if not for the injury imo), he has got stronger and got a bit more nastiness about him. Yes he has games where he doesn't seem to have the confidence and struggles to control the ball at times - that is why he plays for us and not in the Prem.

I also get the feeling he would be criticised by some whatever he does (even if he hits 20), I imagine just hearing "he should have scored a lot more with his missed chances". He gets slated by the same people who sit near me, even when he has had a stormer and never gets any praise.

12 minutes ago, wood_red said:

His goals to minutes played is very good (and would have got 20 last season if not for the injury imo), he has got stronger and got a bit more nastiness about him. Yes he has games where he doesn't seem to have the confidence and struggles to control the ball at times - that is why he plays for us and not in the Prem.

I also get the feeling he would be criticised by some whatever he does (even if he hits 20), I imagine just hearing "he should have scored a lot more with his missed chances". He gets slated by the same people who sit near me, even when he has had a stormer and never gets any praise.

What I have noticed is that he seemed confident holding off fullbacks but not CBs. The English game is much more physical and he always had someone to take some of that pressure off last season(paired Taylor and Reid at times). This season has been mostly him and there was an adjustment period for him. He is a lot more comfortable with his back to goal against CBs now. I am gonna give some credit to Baker and Wright on that front. Probably goes against those two quite often and physically you don’t get much more potent than those two. 

1 hour ago, Dman_Red said:

If you'd have asked this question at the start of the season I'd have said we'd have probably just got our money back, maybe £6m. I didn't see any drastic improvement in him for us to justify asking for a significantly higher fee.

However, the improvement he's shown with his touch and strength over the last 8-10 games (and his general link up play) has been fantastic. Whilst he's kept up his 1 in 3 goal ratio, he's added a lot more to his overall game that the whole team has benefited from. Hats off to Fam and the coaching staff. If he keeps up this progression it wouldn't surprise me to see a few teams scouting him a bit more.

His transfer fee would also slightly change depending on who's doing the paying. As we'd put a higher premium on selling him to a Championship rival than say a team from the continent.

Like the majority it would seem, at the moment I'd probably say £8-10m. 

Excellent point. I was going to say something similar about creating something out of nothing. I don't think it's unfair to say that, unfortunately for Fam, he doesn't have this in his locker or raw pace to trouble a defender when he's one on one.

Good comments, and yep, I agree with the points you've made.  When I was considering his possible value earlier, I had a situation in mind, where I could imagine someone like Leeds trying to sign him, to give them an extra edge chasing promotion. 

What figure would we expect to recoup from a team like Leeds, at this stage of the season (only theoretical, of course)?  I feel, we'd be disappointed if he went for less than £10million.

29 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Good comments, and yep, I agree with the points you've made.  When I was considering his possible value earlier, I had a situation in mind, where I could imagine someone like Leeds trying to sign him, to give them an extra edge chasing promotion. 

What figure would we expect to recoup from a team like Leeds, at this stage of the season (only theoretical, of course)?  I feel, we'd be disappointed if he went for less than £10million.

There's obviously lots of variables. Our current form and league position makes things more complicated as we've got a decent chance at the play offs and we'd have to replace him (in addition to getting another striker in) with similar or better quality. Whereas if we were comfortably mid-table (safe, but no realistic play off hope) I'd be less worried about letting him go.

But in a theoretical perfect world where we could get someone in to replace him and not upset our form, be that a loan or permanent transfer, I'd agree we should be looking for £10m +.

Without reopening the whole Johnson debate again, Diedhou is another case in point where some reactionary fans can be so wide of the mark. When he had a dip in form earlier in the season he was being booed, called Dierhou on here and much more besides. Some posters need to see the bigger picture than the last 3 games. Famara is no world beater but he has been a pretty consistent championship scorer since we brought him in and well worth our outlay.

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don’t think what other sides might offer for him would be worth selling. Meaning while I think he has gained value, that it wouldn’t be loads more than what we purchased him for. I’d say 8-10m euros(use euros because he’d have european suitors). There is barely a profit there. 

Depends on Fam and who offered money for him. If he wanted to leave that is good money for someone who does not want to be here. If he is happy here I don’t think we’d sell at that price just yet. 

I think with most transfers, but particularly in Fammy’s Case, there are 2 main factors in a valuation. 

1) what any interested party a prepared to pay. 

2) more importantly... what would it cost us to replace him..?

on the basis of number 2, I don’t think we’d consider selling for less than £10 million. 

35 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think with most transfers, but particularly in Fammy’s Case, there are 2 main factors in a valuation. 

1) what any interested party a prepared to pay. 

2) more importantly... what would it cost us to replace him..?

on the basis of number 2, I don’t think we’d consider selling for less than £10 million. 

Neither do I but not sure we’d get that if we wanted to sell. We don’t so irrelevant anyway. 

Well, having seen him play numerous games for us a realistic valuation at this time would be around 2.5m imo.

But, given the ridiculously over estimated valuations of players in the championship, I would think he would probably be worth around 5m. Meaning he aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Of course, if he hits 20+ goals, 10m and bite off the arm of anyone offering it. But I can't see that happening.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, having seen him play numerous games for us a realistic valuation at this time would be around 2.5m imo.

But, given the ridiculously over estimated valuations of players in the championship, I would think he would probably be worth around 5m. Meaning he aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Of course, if he hits 20+ goals, 10m and bite off the arm of anyone offering it. But I can't see that happening.

Seeing as he scores 1 in 2, any other striker in this league doing that is worth a bit more than £5m. Easily in fact. 

In view of many critical comments about him from early in the season, I checked the meaning of his surname.

Translating into English, his proper name is Famara Couldnthitacowsarsewithabanjoandwithafirdsttouchlikeagorilla.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

We had Villas pants down with the Kodjia money, absolutely ridiculous overspend

Kodjia was a striker who could make goals himself when he played for us. By which I mean he wasn't just a nod in a cross, or tap in from close range, type of striker. I think his ability to run at defenders and do the unexpected was what got him noticed.

Tammy is a good finisher but doesn't have that imo. Famara has his strengths but isn't as eye-catching as JK was.

Injuries haven't helped Kodjia - nor did the ridiculous amount of strikers available to Steve Bruce.

If JK hadn't had those injuries it may have turned out very differently.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

That's one of the funniest things I have read on here.

Good work.

12 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Kodjia was a striker who could make goals himself when he played for us. By which I mean he wasn't just a nod in a cross, or tap in from close range, type of striker. I think his ability to run at defenders and do the unexpected was what got him noticed.

Tammy is a good finisher but doesn't have that imo. Famara has his strengths but isn't as eye-catching as JK was.

Injuries haven't helped Kodjia - nor did the ridiculous amount of strikers available to Steve Bruce.

If JK hadn't had those injuries it may have turned out very differently.

Kodjia was terrific- in the sense of all round game and ability to create own chances, versatility across the front line well if it wasn't for injuries he would surely be banging them in at Villa.

Just a shame about his attitude at the end with us.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

2.5M - jeez, I know everyone is entitles to an opinion and we all see things differently, but what striker would you get in the Championship for £2.5M who has Fammys record?

11 minutes ago, wood_red said:

2.5M - jeez, I know everyone is entitles to an opinion and we all see things differently, but what striker would you get in the Championship for £2.5M who has Fammys record?

You wouldn't get a striker with his record for that.

Which is why I said he is probably worth 5m in todays over inflated market.

I think we would get a good price for him if we sell.

Would a relative inconsistency to date count against this though? Sometimes the ball bounces off him- other times he protects it, takes it down really well. He can also score some great goals but he can also miss some sitters- his 30 yarder at Derby was unlucky in that it hit the woodwork- but his miss v Bolton last home game was not great.

He can be a right handful for defences- or he can be not up for it so much as, or as it seemed v Millwall at home. Chalk and cheese at times.

That said, £5m+ I'd say.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think you get a near 1 in 2 striker for £5m currently in the Champ at Fam’s age. 

A 1 in 2 striker, for me, means 23 goals per season or 20 if missing the first six games.

He won't be anywhere near that imo.

But as I said, in todays inflated and over hyped market, if he can maintain 1 in 2 this season, he'll be worth 10m - can't see it myself.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A 1 in 2 striker, for me, means 23 goals per season or 20 if missing the first six games.

He won't be anywhere near that imo.

But as I said, in todays inflated and over hyped market, if he can maintain 1 in 2 this season, he'll be worth 10m - can't see it myself.

Seeing as he already gets 1 in 2 (from starting games) he will be pretty close to it.

Archived