IGNORED

Bristol Post Story - Marcus Batchen

Loco Rojo

Not sure if this link works and apologies if this has already been posted somewhere (modes merge or close if it has) but what a sad story.  Keep battling Marcus (not sure if you post on here) but if you do and read this, keep fighting.

What a truly awful disease and reading what he's been going through, incredibly inspirational.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-fan-battling-cancer-2450822

Also a nice touch from Scott and the club.  Small gestures like this make me feel proud to be a Shit Head.

My most sincere condolences to Thalia, Owen, Amy and all of Marcus' family, friends and relations. You have all been through so much for so long, but Marcus is now at peace.

It looked as though Marcus got great enjoyment from spending time with Scott and Joe. I'm pleased that he did.

Keep that red flag flying, Marcus.

CTYD. CTID.

RIP Batchen. Top bloke. So sad to hear of his passing, I know he’s battled bravely over the years. 

First met him back in the early 90’s, travelling away in the same 15 man minibus that often had a few more than that on board. Enjoyed some amazing away days in his company - that little yellow minibus saw us win 1-0 away at Boro, West Brom & Liverpool in the same season - was our lucky bus. 

Batch was one of my best mates & I was in contact with him daily my last message from him was at 1:45am today & there was no sign of what was to come today ?

I messaged him this morning, as we did daily to say good morning & ask him how his night was & normally I got a reply within half an hour. Not this morning though & as the hours went on, I started fearing for the worst & then my phone went & it was his number calling me!! I said “hey mate, how you doing” & then I heard Thalia’s voice & my heart just sank!!

Gutted doesn’t even go close to explaining how I feel & I know everyone says it about someone who has just passed but he truly was one of the good guys!!

He phoned me after his visit from Scott & Joe & you could tell he was buzzing & he was so positive & wanted to know if there were any rumours of us signing anyone & how the team was getting on in general & he was talking about us making the playoffs!!

I truly never expected this to happen so soon & it’s yet another ‘good guy’ who has been taken way before his time!!

Take care, I’ll miss you mate!!

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Batch was one of my best mates & I was in contact with him daily my last message from him was at 1:45am today & there was no sign of what was to come today ?

I messaged him this morning, as we did daily to say good morning & ask him how his night was & normally I got a reply within half an hour. Not this morning though & as the hours went on, I started fearing for the worst & then my phone went & it was his number calling me!! I said “hey mate, how you doing” & then I heard Thalia’s voice & my heart just sank!!

Gutted doesn’t even go close to explaining how I feel & I know everyone says it about someone who has just passed but he truly was one of the good guys!!

He phoned me after his visit from Scott & Joe & you could tell he was buzzing & he was so positive & wanted to know if there were any rumours of us signing anyone & how the team was getting on in general & he was talking about us making the playoffs!!

I truly never expected this to happen so soon & it’s yet another ‘good guy’ who has been taken way before his time!!

sorry for your news and to all those personally effected. RIP Marcus. 

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Condolences to you and all his family and friends. 

RIP Marcus 

24 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Welled up reading this

God bless. Precious memories of a dear friend 

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry for your loss mate.

A good friend of mine- also a lifelong red- is in the hospice at Brentry atm too, so I'm waiting for similar news sadly.

It must be said that the staff up there are absolute bloody heroes.

RIP Marcus.

5 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Very sad news Nick, I think I first met you and Batch (with usual mob) together in the Sandridge - 25 years ago?

He was a top bloke and did not deserve this end, condolences to his poor family and friends who must have gone through hell.

RIP Batch - raising a pint of Blackthorn to you now.

Archived