IGNORED

Bristol Post Story - Marcus Batchen

Loco Rojo

53 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Could someone clarify if the minutes appaulse will take place against Bolton this Friday or next Saturday against Swansea.

Why not at both? On Friday, an immediate response albeit from a smaller crowd then a full on response against the Swans when the place is (hopefully) rocking.

8 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Why not at both? On Friday, an immediate response albeit from a smaller crowd then a full on response against the Swans when the place is (hopefully) rocking.

Just wondering whether there is another number for the MA (maybe his birthday) as people seem to disappear for HT from 40 mins. Just a suggestion mate.

Ok, so I have visited Batch’s family today & explained the situation, they are actually planning on going to the Swansea game as a family & are going to discuss things over the weekend but they are edging towards keeping the minutes applause for the 44th minute & would prefer this to be done at the Swansea game if possible but I should get a final confirmation over the weekend.

I have passed on the messages of condolence from here & they are very humbled by it all & very appreciative.

They are all doing as well as can be expected considering the circumstances.

27 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Ok, so I have visited Batch’s family today & explained the situation, they are actually planning on going to the Swansea game as a family & are going to discuss things over the weekend but they are edging towards keeping the minutes applause for the 44th minute & would prefer this to be done at the Swansea game if possible but I should get a final confirmation over the weekend.

I have passed on the messages of condolence from here & they are very humbled by it all & very appreciative.

They are all doing as well as can be expected considering the circumstances.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO - hey Matt, I'm sure that you'll already be aware of this very sad story. Given the kindness already shown to Marcus by Scott, is it possible that the club can push the boat out on this occasion and put a picture of Marcus on the big screens on the 44th minute of the Swansea match (assuming that this meets with the wishes of his family)? So many times applause occurs anonymously with many wondering in whose memory they are applauding. It would be great if everyone can be encouraged to acknowledge Marcus in the presence of his family. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi @Rudolf Hucker

Everyone at the club were deeply saddened by Marcus' passing.  I have been din conversation with Nick and have arranged for a photo and message of remembrance to go into the Swansea match program. 

Unfortunately we wont be able to put anything on the screen during the match as the club receives multiple requests from many families leading up to every home game.  I will retweet any messgaes that are put out to drive awareness of the minutes applause. 

We are looking at doing something on the final home game of the season where we remember all fans on the big screen who have sadly left us during the season.

Matt 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Rudolf Hucker

Everyone at the club were deeply saddened by Marcus' passing.  I have been din conversation with Nick and have arranged for a photo and message of remembrance to go into the Swansea match program. 

Unfortunately we wont be able to put anything on the screen during the match as the club receives multiple requests from many families leading up to every home game.  I will retweet any messgaes that are put out to drive awareness of the minutes applause. 

We are looking at doing something on the final home game of the season where we remember all fans on the big screen who have sadly left us during the season.

Matt 

Sounds a good idea, if there was a "moment of reflection" etc for those that have passed recently

I think deep down we all understand there must be lots of these kind of requests and any recognition from the club is good

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Rudolf Hucker

Matt 

Many thanks, Matt. 

3 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Rudolf Hucker

Matt 

This should be done on the opening home game of the new season. The guys are around for the coming season, the next and the next. We don't die. COYR.  

Archived