IGNORED

Bolton V Baggies

wendyredredrobin

Tonight on SkySports.  Hoping Bolton can take some points from W Brom tonight to stop the gap increasing, but also hoping for a hard game so that they will be tired for Friday night and maybe a couple of injuries and suspensions thrown in for good luck.

8pm KO for anyone planning to tune in.

Wouldn't normally have watched this one, but having Bolton twice in 2 weeks and WBA close to us at the top makes it a bit more interesting.

Heart says 2-0 to Bolton but my head says 1-0 to West Brom.  A draw would be reasonable though under the circumstances.

Aaaaagh, it's looking like the start of a matchday thread ?

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Tonight on SkySports.  Hoping Bolton can take some points from W Brom tonight to stop the gap increasing, but also hoping for a hard game so that they will be tired for Friday night and maybe a couple of injuries and suspensions thrown in for good luck.

8pm KO for anyone planning to tune in.

Wouldn't normally have watched this one, but having Bolton twice in 2 weeks and WBA close to us at the top makes it a bit more interesting.

Heart says 2-0 to Bolton but my head says 1-0 to West Brom.  A draw would be reasonable though under the circumstances.

Aaaaagh, it's looking like the start of a matchday thread ?

2 or 3 -0 to wba

A win for Bolton might help City.

Being on TV, the City players can observe their forthcoming opponents without being unethical.

By playing tonight, Bolton have four days of rest before playing City whose players will have had two days extra.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

A win for Bolton might help City.

Being on TV, the City players can observe their forthcoming opponents without being unethical.

By playing tonight, Bolton have four days of rest before playing City whose players will have had two days extra.

Are you condoning spying 22A? ?

I don't suppose LJ will be sat at home watching a dodgy stream ?

56 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Why would you want a WBA win - we are 3 points behind them. Best all round is narrow Bolton win with them ending game with a sending off or two...

Indeed.

Ideally a Bolton win, narrow- red card or 2 and of course a huge physical and mental effort to hold on perhaps with 10 men late on- will knacker them further.

@Slippin cider Shows how things can change. At 5pm or so Boxing Day they were a full 13 pts ahead of us! Now just imagine had we beat Wolves a year or so ago when they were down to 10..would have put the skids under them IMO, doubt would have crept in etc.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone take Amoeobi on loan as cover for Fammy ?

I’ve been impressed with him on the last couple of times he’s played at AG but he plays in a sort of deep lying role on the right wing. I couldn’t see him being effective in a central striking role. So it’s a ‘no’ from me!

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’ve been impressed with him on the last couple of times he’s played at AG but he plays in a sort of deep lying role on the right wing. I couldn’t see him being effective in a central striking role. So it’s a ‘no’ from me!

My view too, not a one-up-top striker for me....marauding wideman, Yes!

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

Would love to see him for us, albeit pretty ineffective for Bolton the other week being played almost wide .  When he gets the ball tends to stick for sure. 

Last season he was superb for them against us, cannot see it mind.

West Brom look a lot less fluid without Barnes (although tough to look great against Bolton!). Massive loss for them though. Although the fact they can just loan in former fantasy premier league favourite holgate (of course added to likes of Gayle and not having to sell Rodrigues) does show the budget difference we are fighting against near the top. 

I honestly am surprised- but I suppose if they have managed their finances acceptably then it's inevitable- that they still have:

Dawson, Gibbs, , Phillips Rodriguez and of course Gayle swap for Rondon. To say nothing of the loanees and some other reasonable squad players i.e. Hegazi.

Would have thought clubs here and in Europe may have had a serious look at, then purchased some of these at least.

Archived