IGNORED

A Cole

Tinmans Love Child

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Ronaldo is a great example. There was a bit on twitter about how he had the body of a 23 year old athlete. Imagine that, at the age of 33. 

There have been rumours - what's the name of the 23 year old athlete in question?

He may play a game or two, or even come on as a sub in the latter stages of a game to use his experience in calming things down in order to maintain a narrow lead - 'game management'.

I am sure his experience will be useful for any young defenders - imagine how our young players like LK, JDS, Cameron Pring or even, last season, JB, might have appreciated and benefited from his presence at Failand.

£5k a week might sound like a lot, but when you bear in mind that he's living in LA, where computer programmers can earn upwards of £120k a year, his £250k a year suddenly doesn't seem that great, especially as a designated player with a ton of international caps.

It sounds like this is a final swan-song for Ashley Cole, and fair play to him for having a crack at it in the second tier. No one would've thought any less of him for retiring in LA.

17 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He may play a game or two, or even come on as a sub in the latter stages of a game to use his experience in calming things down in order to maintain a narrow lead - 'game management'.

I am sure his experience will be useful for any young defenders - imagine how our young players like LK, JDS, Cameron Pring or even, last season, JB, might have appreciated and benefited from his presence at Failand.

Yep, they could have learnt things like "don't bring in an air rifle and shoot the students at the training ground"

On 22/01/2019 at 14:38, ZiderEyed said:

Ronaldo is a great example. There was a bit on the Keepitonthedeck twitter about how he had the body of a 23 year old athlete. Imagine that, at the age of 33. 

Heard a great story on the Peter Crouch Podcast when he said he heard some players were mocking Ronaldo saying “you arnt as good as Messi”, or words to that effect, to which Ronaldo replied pointing at himself “yeh but Messi doesn’t look like this”!

13 hours ago, Tiree said:

Coxy 27,agree that's why so many of the vociferous moaners have disappeared. Its amazing how positive this club is in everything from results, recruitment, coaching, players ratings,  values, club ticketing - Everything-changes. It is not just a decent run it is when the MOANERS get off this site due to their embarrassment (if they are gas) or their conscience if they are proper fans. 

I remember 2months ago absolute jokers coming on talking about boring wins and not going to AG anymore!!

Does the team or anyone else miss them? I thinks not. 

COYRs

Dead right and as for that Ashley Cole *** he aint fit to carry LJ's jacket.

14 hours ago, Tiree said:

Coxy 27,agree that's why so many of the vociferous moaners have disappeared. Its amazing how positive this club is in everything from results, recruitment, coaching, players ratings,  values, club ticketing - Everything-changes. It is not just a decent run it is when the MOANERS get off this site due to their embarrassment (if they are gas) or their conscience if they are proper fans. 

I remember 2months ago absolute jokers coming on talking about boring wins and not going to AG anymore!!

Does the team or anyone else miss them? I thinks not. 

COYRs

I've chucked you a flames reaction for your passion my man.

However, I must admit I too was disillusioned not that long ago. Not enough to stop going to games, but enough to make me question what I saw as possible for the remainder of this season and for Johnson.

I guess it's the streaky nature of our form that causes so polarised views.

Right now, things are golden.

Ashley Cole has just announced his retirement at the end of the season ! Whilst not exactly a shock, why announce it two days into your Derby career ? Why not save it until the end of the season ?  Not sure how I’d feel about this if I was a Derby fan . A no doubt highly paid mate of the boss getting a final pay packet with no intention at all of staying on. Could bugger up the dressing room a bit to be honest.

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Ashley Cole has just announced his retirement at the end of the season ! Whilst not exactly a shock, why announce it two days into your Derby career ? Why not save it until the end of the season ?  Not sure how I’d feel about this if I was a Derby fan . A no doubt highly paid mate of the boss getting a final pay packet with no intention at all of staying on. Could bugger up the dressing room a bit to be honest.

?

Archived