IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I can see why I stay firmly away from Social media these days, try to get an update and some of the comments people make made my blood boil, there are some truly vile human beings around. Hoping for a miracle.

Seen a few of those myself. People will do and say anything nowadays for likes regardless of what's happened. 

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

Seen a few of those myself. People will do and say anything nowadays for likes regardless of what's happened. 

Very sad but true unfortunately. Unbelievable to any sane human being though thankfully. Thoughts to all concerned, very very sad news indeed.  

• Like 1

Awful news. A young man about to embark on a new chapter in his life. It’s an absolute tragedy for his family, friends and colleagues. Nice to see the respect shown here and that we can all rise above the tribalism of the game we love. A shame the same can’t be said of a minority on social media. I urge anyone who reads something offensive to please report it. 

• Like 10

Sightings of red flares were reported during a lifeboat and helicopter search, but "nothing of significance was found", a Channel Islands Air Search spokeswoman said.

Wonder if there is a slim chance they survived the initial crash. No idea if a plane like that would be kitted with a life raft, perhaps life jackets?

Fingers crossed for them both.

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Sightings of red flares were reported during a lifeboat and helicopter search, but "nothing of significance was found", a Channel Islands Air Search spokeswoman said.

Wonder if there is a slim chance they survived the initial crash. No idea if a plane like that would be kitted with a life raft, perhaps life jackets?

Fingers crossed for them both.

I dont think life jackets would do much good.

Water would be far to cold to survive in it for long.

Really sad.

13 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

This is awful. 

If flares were seen, pray for a miracle and that they have a life raft - unfortunately in current sea temperatures in the channel hypothermia would set in in well under an hour.

Tragic news and thoughts are with all involved.

Where did you hear that they had seen flares?

Just about the only hope in this is that the Channel is said to be the busiest shipping lanes in the world. Plenty of people will be looking. I can’t imagine what the wait for news must be like for friends and family of all concerned. 

This story really has hit me very hard. Its heartbreaking and you have to wonder how his team mates at Nantes must feel if he has died, being the last few people he spent time with, and saying their goodbyes as he embarks upon a whole new journey. 

Awful.