IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

2 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Football is irrelevant on a day like today. A young family man has lost his life after securing himself a new future, and the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

Thank you to all the BCFC fans that have sent their thoughts to our club and putting rivalry aside. Despite us not having the chance to see him play, he was a Cardiff City player and a fellow Bluebird nonetheless.

Respect to Bristol City.

Apparently genuinely thrilled to have got a chance to play in Premier League apparently - so sad

Knowing Neil Warnock he will use this to galvanise the players / squad

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Football is irrelevant on a day like today. A young family man has lost his life after securing himself a new future, and the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

Thank you to all the BCFC fans that have sent their thoughts to our club and putting rivalry aside. Despite us not having the chance to see him play, he was a Cardiff City player and a fellow Bluebird nonetheless.

Respect to Bristol City.

Football Family. Thoughts are with Cardiff and Nantes and families involved.

• Like 7

Search operation suspended until tomorrow morning.

Realistically, even if they had somehow survived the crash, it would take an absolute miracle for them to survive a second night at sea. It seems impossible to see a way this won't have a tragic end.

Deeply, deeply sad for all concerned, especially the families of Sala and the pilot.

34 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Respect to Bristol City.

Our thoughts are with you. When we lost a player in a car crash just three games after we signed him in the 1989-90 season it seemed to galvanize the players who continued with their promotion push and ultimately achieved it. Cardiff can honour what, sadly, seems to be the passing of this player, after a period of reflection, by achieving safety in the Premier League.

Thoughts also go to his family, his football family at Nantes and to the pilot's family.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I understand your argument.

I note from your avatar (and previous postings) that you are a scooter fan, and I used to ride a Lambretta, maintained by my father, who used to ride a Vespa, but knew how to maintain both.

My (mechanical) knowledge of bikes was non-existent, but I had faith in my father and (relative) confidence that, if there was ever a mechanical problem, as long as I wasn't driving too fast, I should be OK.

I don't think I would have had the same confidence in a plane, 5/10,000 feet up in the air, no matter had maintained it. 

Yep Phil, still ride Lammies and Vespa's. Am an old but bold ex RAF technician and from the word go, safety was my main concern. Sadly can tell you stories of guys who were not so safety conscious . My old man was Fleet Air Arm Aircrew so I inherited a confidence in what I was flying ( as I used to do Aerobatics) and was actually taught by a lady instructor who adhered to the rules. Can understand your feelings though.

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

Respect to Bristol City.

Blue, exactly right, on footie matters we are rivals, but this is a tragedy for all football fans.  On a personal point, I've been following Sala's transfer closely for the last week and was looking forward to seeing him play and whether he would fire in the goals to keep you up.  Here's hoping there's a happy ending and he is still found, surviving somehow.

Sala and the pilot, we hope you are still alive and waiting to be found.

• Like 3

Just had a look on his social media, and from what I can gather he was extremely excited to be going to a premier League club. On one of his social media pages the last post was a picture with him and his old team mates. Seemed like a genuine guy who really cared about football and making a better life for himself...my heart goes out to all affected by this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

Yeah they will be looking at the plane, they'll be looking at everything. I know everyone on the internet likes to be an expert on everything but do we have to pretend we have the first clue about the ins and outs of civil aviation before he's even been found?

With the greatest respect at no time have i ever pretended to have any aviation knowledge, or claim to be an expert, so please don't exagerate. i have travelled over the channel at night in a single engined Cessna . Of course I  feel sorry for everyone concerned, and I'm certain it will all be throughly investigated. It's merely a point of view.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

With the greatest respect at no time have i ever pretended to have any aviation knowledge, or claim to be an expert, so please don't exagerate. i have travelled over the channel at night in a single engined Cessna . Of course I  feel sorry for everyone concerned, and I'm certain it will all be throughly investigated. It's merely a point of view.

It was meant for the guy who made the original point, not you. But anyway, we know barely anything about the incidents surrounding the accident. Why is now the time for inquests about how Cardiff transport their players? It seems very crass to me.

Edited by Robin1988

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

It was meant for the guy who made the original point, not you. But anyway, we know barely anything about the incidents surrounding the accident. Why is now the time for inquests about how Cardiff transport their players? It seems very crass to me.

It may be nothing to do with Cardiff. He might have made his own travel arrangements.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TH63 said:

Just signed up to say thanks for the comments on here. Football and our rivalry is rightly irrelevant today.

You guys have shown a lot of class here today.

Times like this, who you support is irrelevant. People have died, and anyone who doesn’t think what has happened here is tragic isn’t human. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

OK......

What I implied was why don’t they have them fitted?

The regulations don’t require it, the weight was a big factor, but now data recorders can be so light and small, it looks like they will come under the regs in future, so that might extend to location transponders.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/NPA 2017-03.pdf

• Like 1

• Admin

It’s looking like a terrible tragedy, such a sad loss of a young man embarking on a new chapter in his career.  As has been said, interclub and even inter country rivalry has no place whilst this news is still raw.  I well remember our own upset and subsequent truce with Millwall after Dean Horrix died, so can only empathise with those involved.

• Like 1

Speaking of football family, this is the club which lost its entire team in a plane crash just over two years ago. They are praying for a quick answer and hope they’ll be found well, adding they still believe that Sala will give much enjoyment to football lovers.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Very sad news. 

My mind immediately thought back to the late 80’s when we’d signed Dean Horrix. He made a superb debut away at Shrews and then tragically died in a car crash the next day. 

Very sad situation for the player and pilot’s families and also for Cardiff. 

Exactly what went through my mind too. Horrific news all round.

Thoughts are with CCFC of course, but a special shout out to his loved ones. I can't even begin to imagine the hell they are going through...not knowing for sure what happened and the agonising wait for updates. I'd love to say that theres some hope but it doesn't look likely based on the evidence so far. Just horrible. :(