IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I know the money side of things are completely irrelevant in times like this....but with all these little discrepancies coming out, it begs the question if Cardiff will even be able to claim on insurance for this player. 

If Cardiff make a claim and it is declined due to the nature of travel arrangements, then as the plane was arranged by the player's agent, I presume Cardiff will sue the agent for negligence.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I know the money side of things are completely irrelevant in times like this....but with all these little discrepancies coming out, it begs the question if Cardiff will even be able to claim on insurance for this player. 

This is assuming they have any. The cost of insurance for the sort of wages in football will be astronomical, I wouldn't be surprised if clubs largely self-insure. 

23 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If Cardiff make a claim and it is declined due to the nature of travel arrangements, then as the plane was arranged by the player's agent, I presume Cardiff will sue the agent for negligence.

Unless it can be proven that the agent knew the plane wasnt air worthy i cant see how the agent can be responsible? On the other hand, if it can be proven that the plane failed some kind of air worthy test and shouldnt have been in the air, then whoever is responsible for that is going to be facing a significant legal issue

17 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Unless it can be proven that the agent knew the plane wasnt air worthy i cant see how the agent can be responsible? On the other hand, if it can be proven that the plane failed some kind of air worthy test and shouldnt have been in the air, then whoever is responsible for that is going to be facing a significant legal issue

Would be interesting to know on what grounds an insurer might be able to refuse a claim in a situation like this.

If it is declined due to the type of plane involved, then presumably it falls to the club to ensure the player travels in accordance with the insurance cover, notwithstanding the agent might have arranged the plane. If it is a question of the airworthiness of the plane, then without having the plane wreckage to be examined , how can that be determined? Of course if the planes maintenance records show that it was not properly airworthy before it took off, then who would Cardiff take action against?

In reply to May posts above, possible down to whether the mode of transport was allowable for insurance purposes, as I said helicopter rides for pleasure, motorbikes and equally dangerous hobbies parachute jumps, even skiing are often not permitted for many footballers, actors and other people ‘worth’ money.

Also would a private pilot be insured to carry such a person, whether he would be paid to do so or not. He would have his own public liability insurance, they may claim against him but they would only pay out I guess if he was doing something he was authorised to do, and I’m not saying he wasn’t. 

This whole situation is very strange. Makes me wonder how many footballers etc travel this way, and I’m sure many people will now review their arrangements. Yes I know people could just as easily, or are more likely to be hit by a bus but I’m not sure why this player chose to do what he did, or had it chosen for him. Was time of the essence and he needed to be back for training? No doubt more will come out over time, but right now it looks certain two lives were lost and that’s tragic enough.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Not quite the same though is it... 

Understand that Andy, but I think it would open the door to clubs claiming they have lost a player without the opportunity to replace them within the window.

Not saying Cardiff don't have a case, simply that I think there might be a reluctance to make an exception.

51 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Understand that Andy, but I think it would open the door to clubs claiming they have lost a player without the opportunity to replace them within the window.

Not saying Cardiff don't have a case, simply that I think there might be a reluctance to make an exception.

Losing a player through injury is one thing, but losing him because he's dead is completely uncomparable.

For the record I think that an extension for one team would never work, unless you're talking a disaster on the scale of Munich or the one from a few years ago (Brazillian team?).

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Losing a player through injury is one thing, but losing him because he's dead is completely uncomparable.

For the record I think that an extension for one team would never work, unless you're talking a disaster on the scale of Munich or the one from a few years ago (Brazillian team?).

I know the Cardiff situation isn't comparable to an injury but it wouldn't stop desperate clubs taking on the authorities with well paid lawyers if they thought there was a chance, so I agree with you that a single loss however tragic would set quite a precedent. A Munich or Chape situation would be totally different and I would expect clubs to readily loan players to enable them to play, and the FA to make sure it happened.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

It's not just the fact they lost a player though is it

You have to take into consideration it will probably throw the whole club backwards for a good week or so . The last thing on their minds this week will be signing another player 

33 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It's not just the fact they lost a player though is it

You have to take into consideration it will probably throw the whole club backwards for a good week or so . The last thing on their minds this week will be signing another player 

To be honest, no matter how tragic this clearly is, I would be surprised if Cardiff wasn't trying to get someone in right now.

A very difficult task, and frankly a distraction, but they are pros and have to look to the future however callous that may seem from the outside.

I could of course be totally wrong but there are a couple of Cardiff posters on here who would be better informed and Cardiff was in for the Genk striker and had a bid turned down last week.

All emerging now

Whatsapp messages publicised showing 

The flight was arranged by Willie McKay the agent via his son Jack who is a player at Cardiff as a (free) favour

USed a contact/ Company he’s used many times but doesn’t own the plane and didn’t choose the plane or pilot....people starting to duck.....

So ....hmmmmm.....who paid the pilot .....for the plane.....as the Pilot not licensed for payed passengers....

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All emerging now

The flight was arranged by Willie McKay the agent via his son Jack who is a player at Cardiff as a (free) favour

USed a contact/ Company he’s used many times but doesn’t own the plane and didn’t choose the plane or pilot....people starting to duck.....

So ....hmmmmm.....who paid the pilot .....for the plane.....as the Pilot not licensed for payed passengers....

Where did you see this? 

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All emerging now

Didnt he say the other day he had no involvement?

Amazing how this had fallen to bottom of second page

old news  ☹️ 

Saw this - fair play

More than £220,000 has been raised to fund a private search for missing Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala.

The official search for the Argentine striker, 28, and pilot David Ibbotson, 59, was called off on Thursday.

But the cash, raised via a GoFundMe page, has allowed the footballer's family to fund two boats, which started looking on Saturday.

The plane disappeared from radar as the pair flew over the English Channel on their way to Cardiff on Monday night.

A former Guernsey harbourmaster said the search was "like looking for a needle in a haystack, when you don't even know where the haystack is".

Argentina's president Mauricio Macri has joined calls by Sala's family for the search to resume.

Footballers including Manchester City's Ilkay Gundogan are among 2,448 people who have contributed to donations for the private search on a GoFundMe page.

Other contributors include Nantes manager Vahid Halilhodzic, Leicester City winger Demarai Gray, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot and Bayern Munich's Corentin Tolisso.

I don’t want to sound disrespectful and fair play to all who donated but I find it amazing that, considering the obscene amount of money sloshing about in football they had to set up a go fund me page to continue the search. And only managed to raise a top players weekly wage! Maybe it’s early days and a lot more will come in or maybe we’re just hearing half the story? It just surprised me to read that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 27/01/2019 at 00:36, Gakoe said:

I don’t want to sound disrespectful and fair play to all who donated but I find it amazing that, considering the obscene amount of money sloshing about in football they had to set up a go fund me page to continue the search. And only managed to raise a top players weekly wage! Maybe it’s early days and a lot more will come in or maybe we’re just hearing half the story? It just surprised me to read that.

I don’t disagree

The Premier League Clubs we’re quick enough to have a multi million pound leaving gift for Scudamore

Someone like Sanchez could treble that fund with one weeks wages

• Like 5

It's a very sad story, I guess the search is now looking for bodies to bury. That will of course mean a lot to both families.  You can understand why the official search had to end, there will be other ships, planes and people that need the help of the official coastguard and rescue services. Good luck to the new searchers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t disagree

The Premier League Clubs we’re quick enough to have a multi million pound leaving gift for Scudamore

Someone like Sanchez could treble that fund with one weeks wages

So right Bob. With all the obscene amounts of money in football, the search was stopped because of the cost (allegedly). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marmite said:

So right Bob. With all the obscene amounts of money in football, the search was stopped because of the cost (allegedly). 

Yep - I accept the public purse has to make a decision at some point , accepting they will know the chances of success 

But you think the Premier Mega Rich might fund some further efforts 

Cardiff themselves were prepared to fork out 13 million for him when he could kick a football

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep - I accept the public purse has to make a decision at some point , accepting they will know the chances of success 

But you think the Premier Mega Rich might fund some further efforts 

Cardiff themselves were prepared to fork out 13 million for him when he could kick a football

This.