IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

• Admin
15 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Very dignified interview with Neil Warnock today. His pain was clear to see. 

I think that was a public glimpse of the real man, I know someone who knows him and he is far removed from his pantomime villain image that is his public persona.  You’d have to be some sort of psychopath not to be affected if you have spent weeks talking with someone and then employing them, only for this tragic accident to happen.

• Like 4

I just don’t get it, the channel isn’t massive and how many ships pass it every second, covering a lot for them not to see anything, it either hit the water n went straight down to the bottom or I don’t know, very strange, thoughts are with the Pilots family and to Sala’s also 

• Admin
3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Surely sonar would pick it up pretty well?

There is an area north of the island it went missing where it is so deep contaminated rubbish was buried there. A nuclear sub is in there somewhere as well that was never found 

Nice touch by arsenal 

IMG_20190129_202917.jpg

• Like 3

Apparently bits of the plane found.

Two seat cushions have been found which are likely to have come from the plane carrying missing Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala, the Air Accidents Investigation Branch says.

Edited by Super

Following the revelation today about finding seat cushions and the likelihood of finding the player alive is highly unlikely. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is there the possibility of as a club we do something to mark this tradegy? I think considering our opponents on Saturday it may be a gesture worth considering? 

@Swansea what be your thoughts ?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, daored said:

Following the revelation today about finding seat cushions and the likelihood of finding the player alive is highly unlikely. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is there the possibility of as a club we do something to mark this tradegy? I think considering our opponents on Saturday it may be a gesture worth considering? 

What do you have in mind ? Genuine question, because I think a minutes silence might be a little premature.

Something on the screens would be a good shout though and I would hope any anti Cardiff person anywhere in the crowd would be encouraged to STFU..

Edit Just saw Matts post. Watched it on a mini Bet 365 screen so didn't see the armbands.

Edited by Loon plage

3 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there, 

Im not sure if you were at the match on Friday night, but we took up the directive from the EFL for that game and all of the players from both teams wore black armbands out of respect. 

Matt

Matt - I don’t know whether this directive needs checking

As I understand Cardiff did NOT wear Black armbands at Emirates at the request of the family

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

What do you have in mind ? Genuine question, because I think a minutes silence might be a little premature.

Something on the screens would be a good shout though and I would hope any anti Cardiff person anywhere in the crowd would be encouraged to STFU..

Edit Just saw Matts post. Watched it on a mini Bet 365 screen so didn't see the armbands.

I don’t know I agree minutes silence may not be appropriate or black armbands. 

I understand last night both captains last night placed daffodils on the pitch, something similar. I just think considering our rivalry with Cardiff and also playing the swans may be a gesture considering we play them Saturday?

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

1 hour ago, daored said:

You have lost me here.

City have already worn black armbands and, if I Understand correctly, Sala's family have since requested no 'minute's silence, armbands etc.' as their son/brother is not officially dead - I believe their wishes are paramount and should be respected.

In so far as it concerns Swansea, apart from being Welsh, like Cardiff, I fail to see the relevance. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You have lost me here.

City have already worn black armbands and, if I Understand correctly, Sala's family have since requested no 'minute's silence, armbands etc.' as their son/brother is not officially dead - I believe their wishes are paramount and should be respected.

In so far as it concerns Swansea, apart from being Welsh, like Cardiff, I fail to see the relevance. 

It’s purely a suggestion, I appreciate the comments you’ve made about the families wishes.

My view was as two rivals of Cardiff’s as a gesture it may be the right thing to do, based on the opposition. I appreciate not everyone will agree but sometimes football rivalry can be put to one side 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

Very tragic, but when did we become so melodramatic in this country?

(Actually I probably know the answer).  This grief ‘tourism’ is very bizarre in my opinion.

Thoughts to the pilot’s and player’s family of course.

Diana - is that the answer you thought?

• Like 4

Interesting.....

By Peter Allen

Friday 31st January 2019

Football agent Willie McKay told Emiliano Sala he wanted to make 'lots of money' from £15m deal

British football agent Willie McKay told Emiliano Sala he wanted to make 'a lot of money' from his transfer before arranging his tragic flight to Cardiff, a leaked email has revealed. 

In an extraordinary insight into the world of football transfers, McKay told the 28-year-old that he'd invented interest from rival clubs to get the deal with Cardiff City done. 

McKay, 59, introduced himself to Sala on January 6, days before agreeing the £15 million transfer from French club Nantes by coldly saying he was not interested in the player as a person, adding: 'It's not sentiment, just business.'

In a leaked email to French publication L'Equipe, the agent wrote: 'Emiliano, my name is Willie McKay. We are not interested in your personal belongings; finances, holidays, babysitting, it's not our business.'

Listing multi-million pounds deals involving players moving from French clubs to top English sides including Chelsea and Arsenal, Mr McKay wrote: 'We make transfers! More than 600 until today, from Didier Drogba, to Anelka, Payet, Seri, Anguissa.

Willie McKay, wrote to Sala on January 6 introducing himself 

'Let us introduce you to the way we operate and how we came to this Cardiff City saga. We work for clubs in France, and for players who want to be transferred to England.

'As far as you are concerned, we have talked to all the clubs, including Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool. We think you could end up in such clubs.

'We approached Nantes, as we do with many players in other clubs, to obtain the mandate of sale. We are not preventing you from working with another agent, but most players are very satisfied with our mediation.

'We do not say 'we are like a father to a son to our players'. No, if you had not been a footballer, these people would not be interested in you.

'In the end they are only interested in the money. What we all want a lot of, of course. That's why we like to work with just the clubs. No sentiment, we're just doing business.'

As mystery surrounds what happened to the flight.

Referring specifically to the Cardiff City deal, Mr McKay wrote: 'My experience says: if you do not go for the Premier League now, you will regret it.

'It's been said that Cardiff does not interest you. But that is probably our mistake, because we 'leaked' in the media that other clubs like West Ham and Everton want you. Just to stimulate the interest in you.

'That is how we work and that may be misinterpreted by the player. But without that 'buzz' nobody would know you. Because, honestly, nobody follows the French competition [Ligue 1].'

In an interview with l'Equipe, Mr McKay admitted: 'If I had never asked Nantes for a mandate to negotiate about Sala's transfer, he would still be among us'.

Referring to his entire family – including his wife and three sons – McKay admits that 'the past eight days have been a nightmare for us.'

Mr McKay admits that thehighly experienced pilot he chose to fly Sala from France to Wales drafted in a replacement airman for the job – with disastrous consequences.

Details of the arrangement emerged following the discovery of two cushions from the plane in which Sala is believed to have died following a crash into the English Channel.

Mr Ibbotson, a boiler engineer and part-time pilot, told a friend he was 'a bit rusty' with the instruments of the 35-year-old aircraft and it did not have the licence to carry paying passengers.

Sala (pictured) texted his old Nantes teammates before the flight to say he was scared. He wrote: "If in an hour and a half there is no news of me, I don¿t know if they¿ll send anyone to look for me because you won¿t find me, but you'll know... Daddy, I'm so scared!"

Mr McKay and his son Mark helped negotiate Sala's transfer to Cardiff, and then heard that Sala wanted to spend a day in Nantes seeing club officials and former teammates.

Cardiff offered him a commercial flight for the trip, but Mr McKay offered him a private plane 'for free'.

Mr McKay's choice as pilot was David Henderson, a 60-year-old who had flown light planes around the world, including the Piper Alpha PA-46 due to be used for the trip.

But – for still unknown reasons – Mr Henderson drafted in another British pilot called David Ibbotson, 59.

'Do you want to spend a weekend in Nantes?', Mr Henderson told Mr Ibbotson, a part-time pilot who had admitted to friends on Facebook a few days earlier that he was a 'bit rusty' at flying.

Mr Ibboston, who was known to have financial problems, is said to have told Mr Henderson that he had lost his credit card.

This led to Mr Henderson having to pay for Mr Ibbotson's hotel in France, and for the flight itself.

Mr Henderson's details were accordingly given to officials at Nantes-Atlantique airport, leading to initial fears that he had been piloting the doomed flight.

In fact it was Mr Ibbotson who took control of the plane, and aborted three attempted take offs in terrible weather.

An hour into the flight, Mr Ibbotson told air traffic control he was reducing altitude from 5,000 to 2,300 feet over the Channel Islands.

It later emerged Cardiff's record signing had expressed fears for his life in messages sent to close friends.

In a WhatsApp voice note, he said in Spanish: 'I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart.'

Aviation experts said the chartered single-engine aircraft should not have been risking the flight in icy conditions.

ATTACHMENTS
5902E882-78C1-4A5A-977D-623C96D7EDFC.jpeg

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting.....

By Peter Allen

Friday 31st January 2019

Football agent Willie McKay told Emiliano Sala he wanted to make 'lots of money' from £15m deal

British football agent Willie McKay told Emiliano Sala he wanted to make 'a lot of money' from his transfer before arranging his tragic flight to Cardiff, a leaked email has revealed. 

In an extraordinary insight into the world of football transfers, McKay told the 28-year-old that he'd invented interest from rival clubs to get the deal with Cardiff City done. 

McKay, 59, introduced himself to Sala on January 6, days before agreeing the £15 million transfer from French club Nantes by coldly saying he was not interested in the player as a person, adding: 'It's not sentiment, just business.'

In a leaked email to French publication L'Equipe, the agent wrote: 'Emiliano, my name is Willie McKay. We are not interested in your personal belongings; finances, holidays, babysitting, it's not our business.'

Listing multi-million pounds deals involving players moving from French clubs to top English sides including Chelsea and Arsenal, Mr McKay wrote: 'We make transfers! More than 600 until today, from Didier Drogba, to Anelka, Payet, Seri, Anguissa.

Willie McKay, wrote to Sala on January 6 introducing himself 

'Let us introduce you to the way we operate and how we came to this Cardiff City saga. We work for clubs in France, and for players who want to be transferred to England.

'As far as you are concerned, we have talked to all the clubs, including Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool. We think you could end up in such clubs.

'We approached Nantes, as we do with many players in other clubs, to obtain the mandate of sale. We are not preventing you from working with another agent, but most players are very satisfied with our mediation.

'We do not say 'we are like a father to a son to our players'. No, if you had not been a footballer, these people would not be interested in you.

'In the end they are only interested in the money. What we all want a lot of, of course. That's why we like to work with just the clubs. No sentiment, we're just doing business.'

As mystery surrounds what happened to the flight.

Referring specifically to the Cardiff City deal, Mr McKay wrote: 'My experience says: if you do not go for the Premier League now, you will regret it.

'It's been said that Cardiff does not interest you. But that is probably our mistake, because we 'leaked' in the media that other clubs like West Ham and Everton want you. Just to stimulate the interest in you.

'That is how we work and that may be misinterpreted by the player. But without that 'buzz' nobody would know you. Because, honestly, nobody follows the French competition [Ligue 1].'

In an interview with l'Equipe, Mr McKay admitted: 'If I had never asked Nantes for a mandate to negotiate about Sala's transfer, he would still be among us'.

Referring to his entire family – including his wife and three sons – McKay admits that 'the past eight days have been a nightmare for us.'

Mr McKay admits that thehighly experienced pilot he chose to fly Sala from France to Wales drafted in a replacement airman for the job – with disastrous consequences.

Details of the arrangement emerged following the discovery of two cushions from the plane in which Sala is believed to have died following a crash into the English Channel.

Mr Ibbotson, a boiler engineer and part-time pilot, told a friend he was 'a bit rusty' with the instruments of the 35-year-old aircraft and it did not have the licence to carry paying passengers.

Sala (pictured) texted his old Nantes teammates before the flight to say he was scared. He wrote: "If in an hour and a half there is no news of me, I don¿t know if they¿ll send anyone to look for me because you won¿t find me, but you'll know... Daddy, I'm so scared!"

Mr McKay and his son Mark helped negotiate Sala's transfer to Cardiff, and then heard that Sala wanted to spend a day in Nantes seeing club officials and former teammates.

Cardiff offered him a commercial flight for the trip, but Mr McKay offered him a private plane 'for free'.

Mr McKay's choice as pilot was David Henderson, a 60-year-old who had flown light planes around the world, including the Piper Alpha PA-46 due to be used for the trip.

But – for still unknown reasons – Mr Henderson drafted in another British pilot called David Ibbotson, 59.

'Do you want to spend a weekend in Nantes?', Mr Henderson told Mr Ibbotson, a part-time pilot who had admitted to friends on Facebook a few days earlier that he was a 'bit rusty' at flying.

Mr Ibboston, who was known to have financial problems, is said to have told Mr Henderson that he had lost his credit card.

This led to Mr Henderson having to pay for Mr Ibbotson's hotel in France, and for the flight itself.

Mr Henderson's details were accordingly given to officials at Nantes-Atlantique airport, leading to initial fears that he had been piloting the doomed flight.

In fact it was Mr Ibbotson who took control of the plane, and aborted three attempted take offs in terrible weather.

An hour into the flight, Mr Ibbotson told air traffic control he was reducing altitude from 5,000 to 2,300 feet over the Channel Islands.

It later emerged Cardiff's record signing had expressed fears for his life in messages sent to close friends.

In a WhatsApp voice note, he said in Spanish: 'I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart.'

Aviation experts said the chartered single-engine aircraft should not have been risking the flight in icy conditions.

ATTACHMENTS

ATTACHMENTS

I don't know what to say. That poor boy.

Interesting about the pilot switch emerging.......

An experienced pilot chartered by football agent Willie McKay to fly Emiliano Sala drafted in a 'rusty' part-time replacement and covered the costs on his credit card causing confusion when the plane vanished, it was revealed today.

The Piper Malibu carrying Cardiff City's new £15million signing vanished over the Channel Islands on Monday January 21 after hitting bad weather en route to Wales from  France. 

Mr McKay wanted his usual pilot David Henderson, 60,  to carry the Argentinian striker to Britain but he drafted in David Ibbotson, 59, after asking him: 'Do you want to spend a weekend in Nantes?'

Mr McKay helped negotiate Sala's £15million transfer to Premiership club Cardiff, and then heard that Sala wanted to spend a day in Nantes seeing club officials and former teammates and his dog Nala. 

Mr Ibbotson, a boiler engineer and part-time pilot, told a friend he was 'a bit rusty' with the instruments of the 35-year-old aircraft and it did not have the licence to carry paying passengers.

Describing the time period since, Mr McKay, a mega-agent renowned for his contacts in France, told l'Equipe sports newspaper that it has 'been an absolute nightmare for us.'

He said that if he had not allowed Sala to return to his old club, Nantes, to say goodbye to his former teammates and put his beloved dog Nala in kennels 'he would still be with us'. 

Cardiff had originally proposed funding a commercial flight for Sala but the McKay family instead funded a private plane. 'When you spend €17m on a footballer, you don't put him on an EasyJet flight,' McKay said. 

David Henderson, 60, (left) was meant to carry the Argentianian striker to Britain but he drafted in David Ibbotson, 59, (right)  after asking him: 'Do you want to spend a weekend in NanteMr Henderson's details were accordingly given to officials at Nantes-Atlantique airport, leading to initial fears that he had been piloting the doomed flight.

'Since it was Henderson's bank card, everyone thought he was on the plane,' said Mr McKay.

He confirmed he was commissioned by Waldemar Kita - the president of Nantes FC - to find an English club for Emiliano Sala.

The Welsh club showed interest, and after discussions, an agreement was reached in mid-January for a record Cardiff transfer of £15million. 

After earning £46,000-per-month at Nantes, Sala was in line to earn £50,000-per-week at Cardiff and McKay revealed details of a letter he wrote to Sala in early January to convince him of a move to Cardiff.

He wrote: 'Emiliano, I am Willie McKay. We are not interested in personal affairs; finances, holidays, baby-sitting, that is not our business. We make transfers happens. More than 600 to this day, from Didier Drogba, to Anelka, Payet, Seri and Anguissa. As far as you are concerned, we have talked about you with everyone, including Manchester, Chelsea and Liverpool. We think you are able to end up in one of those clubs.'

He continued: 'We have so far received only an offer from Cardiff, freshly promoted and the manager Neil Warnock has fallen in love with you. He watched your videos then came to see you twice, against Rennes and then against Marseille. He considers you as a typical English centre-forward, like Drogba or Alan Shearer. He says Cardiff will play to your strengths. They will pay you around £50,000-per-week, plus bonuses, on a contract of four to five years. And whoever accompanies you, whether it is your agent or your mother, who, according to English law, can represent you, could claim around £1m from the deal. It is said that you did not want to go to Cardiff. It is probably our fault because we have have said in the media that other clubs like West Ham, Everton, etc were interested in order to create an interest around you.'