IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

This whole story seems to have a murky smell about it .....

A full story to emerge for sure....

Poor lad , surrounded by crocodiles 

Exclusive: Emiliano Sala's agents are battling a winding up order from HM Revenue and Customs

The player agents who helped arrange Emiliano Sala’s doomed flight over the English Channel have been battling a winding up order from HM Revenue and Customs, Telegraph Sport can disclose.

Mercato Sports – a company registered in the names of Mark McKay and the wife of his businessman father, Willie McKay – was due to face the High Court two days after Sala’s flight disappeared en route from France to Wales.

Last night, McKay senior reacted furiously when approached for comment over the HMRC claim. He insisted the bill had been cleared and also indicated the mix-up took place because the Government had the company’s address wrong. A High Court official said a follow-up court date had been set for this month, but McKay claimed the case had been closed.

The HMRC battle is one of two legal rows involving the family in recent months, it is understood. Mercato Sports and Mark McKay were also in dispute with Everton over a 2017 player transfer. The Merseyside club are understood to have refused to pay an agreed fee over a row involving the company’s Football Association registration.

Sala’s single-engined flight disappeared on Jan 21. Both Mark and Willie have released statements confirming their involvement in helping arrange the flight free of charge to Sala. Willie described how he told experienced pilot David Henderson: “Dave, I need a plane.” However, part-time engineer Dave Ibbotson, 59, was at the controls when the Piper Malibu is believed to have crashed after leaving Nantes for Cardiff.Mercato Sports is registered in the names of McKay’s son and wife, Janis.

Willie McKay was made bankrupt in 2015 and an FA source confirmed that only Mark McKay remains registered with the governing body as an intermediary.

The legal wrangle with Everton over the 2017 transfer is ongoing, according to McKay. He said the club still owed the company money, but details surrounding the case are limited. A legal report filed last September says: “The claimants alleged that in 2017 they brought an unnamed footballer (“AB”) to the attention of the defendant football club (“Everton”). They claimed payment pursuant to an implied contract or retainer or by reason of unjust enrichment. Everton denied liability and further sought a stay of proceedings on the basis that Rule K of the FA Rules operated as an arbitration agreement between the claimants and Everton. There was no dispute that the Second Claimant (“Mr McKay”) was an intermediary registered with the FA. In those circumstances, it was accepted that Mr McKay’s claim would be stayed. However, the position as regards the First Claimant (“Mercato”) was less clear.”

Last night Willie McKay attacked The Telegraph for looking into his company’s business dealings, but the agent had voluntarily provided details about his activities a day earlier.

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I find it disturbing that authorities found **** all in 3 days....yet a private search found them in less then 3 hours 

Begs the question what were the authorities doing... 

Tbf Andy

One was a rescue operation / search of the surface hoping to save lives

This search, sadly ,  a recovery operation looking at the sea bed

Two different searches using different methods and vessels

• Like 6

A very sad news report but one we knew would be coming. It must be so stressful for Emiliano's and the pilot's family and everyone who was close. The face of Neil Warnock on the news, obviously grieving, shows us that football is only a game, and we as a soccer family should feel this pain as well. I only hope the bodies of Emiliano and the Pilot are soon found so the families can be left in peace to say goodbye to their loved ones. Tragic. Very Tragic.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 23:55, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What a very sorry and sordid web is emerging surrounding Mckay and his working methods.

No wonder Cardiff are not overly happy over his involvement.

Another reason to despise agents.

:clap: Very true EMB, tearing our beloved game apart with pure greed

• Like 1

• Admin

One body has been seen in the underwater wreckage of the plane that was carrying footballer Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson.

A search on Sunday found the Piper Malibu plane on the seabed off Guernsey, almost two weeks after it went missing.

The Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) confirmed the sighting on Monday morning.

It added it was now considering the next steps.

The "substantial amount of wreckage" of the plane, which went missing on 21 January, was found on Sunday morning after a privately-funded search was started.

The flight was carrying Argentine striker Sala and pilot David Ibbotson from Nantes, north west France, to Cardiff after Sala completed his £15m move to Cardiff City.

In a statement the AAIB said: "The remotely operated vehicle (ROV) carried out a further search of the area overnight, but did not identify any additional pieces of wreckage.

"Tragically, in video footage from the ROV, one occupant is visible amidst the wreckage. The AAIB is now considering the next steps, in consultation with the families of the pilot and passenger, and the police."

Oceanographer and marine scientist David Mearns confirmed the wreckage had been found on Sunday after "a couple of hours" of searching the seabed.

An online appeal started by Sala's agent had raised £324,000 (371,000 euros) for the private search, which Mr Mearns offered to help with.

Working jointly with the AAIB, Mr Mearns's ship and another search vessel, the Geo Ocean III, began combing a four square mile area of the channel, 24 nautical miles north of Guernsey.

The AAIB ship remained in place, sending down a remotely controlled submersible overnight, which captured the footage of the wreckage.

• Admin
32 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Feel quite a bit of unease seeing that photograph of the plane underwater and a caption 'body seen in plane'. It feels a bit crass and lacking humility - not digging you out @phantom just the fact it was released. 

Good point, I did wonder about posting it, I have removed it now

We are constantly having images of war zones and the victims beamed into our homes, this tragedy is probably less traumatic as an option to view or not. However I don't see any need to curtail the headline, it is the one that the BBC are using after all. It may be football related but we are all of an age to decide if we need to continue to read further, or not.

It would appear as greed was the downfall of this young man, not his, but of others, to me it or should be a lesson that footballers are not merely a commodity but have a life too, and like us have families and loved one's.

Perhaps we also should remember this, instead of  rather cruelly exposing a player weakness such as ability, colour or sexuality, I have witnessed all of that down at Ashton Gate, but perhaps the worst was paedo chants to a player that was once one of ours as in being Bristolian.  

I dislike bullies, I dislike constant berating of players on here, even managers, and yet when something like this happens we turn into the perfect human beings. 

And yet in all this, one thing has emerged loud and clear that the man we most berate of all, Neil Warnock has empathy and a huge heart, not at all the figure we would prefer him to be.

If nothing else this terribly sad event will have effect on how we view others, or should do. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, phantom said:

Absolutely not meant as a suggestion to do that mate. Was more a comment/reflection on the state of our press and thoughts for 2 grieving families. The headline and the photograph was just very eerie in combination and made it quite unpalatable. Seemed to lack the compassion the situation required. 

That said and on reflection maybe I am just being a bit dramatic. It's not like I'd criticise a photo of the Titanic wreckage. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

2 hours ago, TomF said:

You could always use spoiler tags so people can choose  

{spoiler} {/spoiler} - just change the curly ones to square brackets.

RE. trying to hide posts and/or images, @RedM has a wonderful technique, which she could no doubt explain to you - unfortunately, it is way beyond my capabilities.

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

RE. trying to hide posts and/or images, @RedM has a wonderful technique, which she could no doubt explain to you - unfortunately, it is way beyond my capabilities.

Do I? That’s news to me.  :blink:

But thank you anyway, it’s the first time anyone has ever said I had a wonderful technique, made my day that has! :bounce: 

Unicorn awarded. :laugh:

PS with the news of the wreckage emerging at least the families might have their loved ones back. 

• Haha 1

Have to say that with the clarity of the photo of the plane number and the fact that they have identified a body, its probably likely that they can identify which of the 2 passengers it is, especially if that person is or isnt in the pilots seat. I suspect that there are 2 passengers identified, but they cant say that to the public because obviously they need to go via families first.

i really hope 2 bodies can be recovered to allow proper burials to take place

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Do I? That’s news to me.  :blink:

But thank you anyway, it’s the first time anyone has ever said I had a wonderful technique, made my day that has! :bounce: 

Unicorn awarded. :laugh:

Firstly, and as I said in my earlier post, your technique, whatever it may be, is way beyond my capabilities - but Thanks for the unicorn ?.

Nevertheless, you do often utilise a system whereby you hide a post or article, allowing the reader to choose whether or not to see it.

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Firstly, and as I said in my earlier post, your technique, whatever it may be, is way beyond my capabilities - but Thanks for the unicorn ?.

Nevertheless, you do often utilise a system whereby you hide a post or article, allowing the reader to choose whether or not to see it.

Not knowingly. Have I a glitch!?

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

Feel quite a bit of unease seeing that photograph of the plane underwater and a caption 'body seen in plane'. It feels a bit crass and lacking humility - not digging you out @phantom just the fact it was released. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, glad you can’t see anything (apart from the plane).

The one relatively famous death similar to Sala's in which bodies were located (Glenn Miller's was obviously even more similar as it was in the same stretch of water, but his body/plane was never found) was that of Otis Redding in 1967. As soon as his body was winched to the surface photographs were taken and even a film. These photographs are easily googled. There are even pictures of his body in the morgue still strapped to his seat. 

I'm glad we have greater sensitivity today. It is bad enough the poor lad has died. Images of him in death would compound the shock and make his family feel that his death had become a source of entertainment. 

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

Not knowingly. Have I a glitch!?

You may well have, although, as we have never met, I have no idea: I can assure you, however, that I would not have divulged it even had we met/I had noticed it ?.

In some previous posts, however, you have copied or quoted something and allowed readers to 'glide' over it only should they wish to see it.

Unfortunately, I am unable to recall any examples, but it would most likely have been a spoiler, such as a football score or similar.  

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You may well have, although, as we have never met, I have no idea: I can assure you, however, that I would not have divulged it even had we met/I had noticed it ?.

In some previous posts, however, you have copied or quoted something and allowed readers to 'glide' over it only should they wish to see it.

Unfortunately, I am unable to recall any examples, but it would most likely have been a spoiler, such as a football score or similar.  

Think it’s a new tweak - longer quotes now have an optional expand button so don’t clog the threads (I think !)

and a good one @TomF if so

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think it’s a new tweak - longer quotes now have an optional expand button so don’t clog the threads (I think !)

and a good one @TomF if so

Nope.

Not even that one, which, as you say, is a welcome addition: Thanks @TomF and team.

There have been posts from @RedM where the 'quoted subject matter' has a grey, rectangular block, and this hidden block only reveals its content once you click or glide over it, I forget which: in fact, and this is now starting to concern me, I am now wondering whether I have imagined the whole thing.

We had some wonderful pasta yesterday, enriched by some local mushrooms, but surely not....