IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

18 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Nope.

Not even that one, which, as you say, is a welcome addition: Thanks @TomF and team.

There have been posts from @RedM where the 'quoted subject matter' has a grey, rectangular block, and this hidden block only reveals its content once you click or glide over it, I forget which: in fact, and this is now starting to concern me, I am now wondering whether I have imagined the whole thing.

We had some wonderful pasta yesterday, enriched by some local mushrooms, but surely not....

Such a thing does indeed exist, as highlighted by @TomF earlier in the thread (or it may have been the Oliviera thread), and shown below:

Thought I'd hide something hideous:

ian-holloway-blackpool-uk-01-copy.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Such a thing does indeed exist, as highlighted by @TomF earlier in the thread (or it may have been the Oliviera thread), and shown below:

Reveal hidden contents

Thought I'd hide something hideous:

ian-holloway-blackpool-uk-01-copy.jpg

Thank You @elhombrecitoI am relieved.

So, it would seem that it is @TomF who has the 'wonderful technique', @RedM being limited to a 'glitch'.

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

"It is understood Nantes are threatening legal action if they do not receive a payment within 10 days. BBC have attempted to speak to Nantes for a comment."

A bit insensitive, seeing that the recovery operation is still ongoing. 

More insensitive that Cardiff are withholding payment I would have thought

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

Obvious this was going to happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47146614

Absolutely disgusting 

Both clubs should be ******* ashamed of themselves 

Not only did neither club front up for the private search , they are both now arguing over the transfer money. The poor ****** still hasn't even been found 

If you ever needed proof that greed and money had ruined the game....this is it. 

I am.genuinely disgusted by this . Vile

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Absolutely disgusting 

Both clubs should be ******* ashamed of themselves 

Not only did neither club front up for the private search , they are both now arguing over the transfer money. The poor ****** still hasn't even been found 

If you ever needed proof that greed and money had ruined the game....this is it. 

I am.genuinely disgusted by this . Vile

Agreed. I don’t think anybody would disagree that the transfer fee needs to be sorted out but do it after the funeral and behind the scenes. Playing it out now and in this manner is not cool

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder if this is down to Cardiff’s insurers making them check everything is present and correct before authorising the claim.

Everyone is rushing to blame the club's but Cardiff probably have insurance.....any insurer will need a death certificate before payment ( as yet no body. no certificate) so they're waiting but equally the transfer went through ( to the satisfaction of football authorities) so if the contract stated a % was due up front then Cardiff should pay and await the insurance payment to cover it.

Obviously very sad where a fatality is concerned but Cardiff seem to be the one's who should bite the bullet and honour the deal.....IMO

• Like 1

It is disgraceful that Nantes are asking for some form of payment, show some f****** humility and empathy to the sensitive situation.

Like people say, this poor lad has not even been found, so no chance to pay last respects. At least leave it till then and show respect to the family who are only now beginning to grieve.

As mentioned, this will surely be down to an insurance issue, which I can imagine will take an eternity to sort out, if indeed Cardiff were covered!

6 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

It is disgraceful that Nantes are asking for some form of payment, show some f****** humility and empathy to the sensitive situation.

Like people say, this poor lad has not even been found, so no chance to pay last respects. At least leave it till then and show respect to the family who are only now beginning to grieve.

As mentioned, this will surely be down to an insurance issue, which I can imagine will take an eternity to sort out, if indeed Cardiff were covered!

We don’t know what their cash flow situation is like to be honest. They may really need the money and Cardiff should pay as its due. Cardiff were to pay it if Sala was still here. 

It also seemed like Cardiff leaked the news, which I don’t agree with. 

The issue with regards to the transfer fee is that it was always going to come up at some point. Would there ever have been a good time for this? Probably not.

Fact is, Cardiff owe the transfer fee.  I feel they are more in the wrong withholding this, using the circumstances not to pay it, than Nantes are for asking them to pay it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

According to a report I heard on the radio today, Nantes had insured Sala for more than the transfer fee they were due to receive from Cardiff....so they will receive two very hefty amounts after this absolute tragedy....just doesn’t seem right, even if it is...

Surely they can’t be right? If I insured a car and sold it and it broke I couldn’t claim the money....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

According to a report I heard on the radio today, Nantes had insured Sala for more than the transfer fee they were due to receive from Cardiff....so they will receive two very hefty amounts after this absolute tragedy....just doesn’t seem right, even if it is...

Surely that can’t be so

Either Cardiff owned the player in which case the Insurance won’t be paying Nantes 

And if  the move for some reason had not been completed , they won’t get the transfer fee

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That would be pretty dubious from a fraud/fin crime point of view?  This will drag on for years I expect 

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

Surely they can’t be right? If I insured a car and sold it and it broke I couldn’t claim the money....

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Surely that can’t be so

Either Cardiff owned the player in which case the Insurance won’t be paying Nantes 

And if  the move for some reason had not been completed , they won’t get the transfer fee

Fair points....was just passing on what I heard on the radio today....

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Assuming he is Cardiff’s player officially, Nantes no longer have an insurable Interest over Sala.  

Edited by Davefevs

There are a few angles here now about legality and morality.

- Irrespective of what the insurance was/wasn’t, Cardiff bought Sala and agreed the fee. They owe Nantes the money come what may, unless Nantes agree to write some/all off. Cardiff wouldn’t have been relying on insurance to pay the fee so have to pay

- However, it’s undoubtedly morally wrong for Nantes to start making legal threats (if that is the case), when ES hasn’t even been confirmed as dead yet and with the plane rescue ongoing. That’s terrible form.

- Again, though, we don’t know what obligations Nantes have to meet which they have scheduled from the fee. They may well need the money and are being leaned on by other people.

This would have been better served and everyone better off had this particular aspect not been played in the media. But legally, I’d say Cardiff have to meet the obligation and should probably do so and sort the insurance out later.

On the subject of insurance, I am very unconvinced that this will pay out - and I’m sure the insurers will resist. If the pilot didn’t have the appropriate licence or the plane wasn’t licenced for passengers (as mooted), any insurance firm will look to use it as a get out - again, not morally right, but I see this being majorly fought.

What I think will be the ultimate outcome here is Cardiff having to pay the full fee and ES’s contractual obligations, with no insurance paid out and then seeking civil recourse against the agent/aviation company.

Bottom line remains though there is a family at the end of this (well two families) who have lost a loved one and looking after them should be both clubs primary concern at the moment as opposed to fighting this out in the media at this point

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Although, perhaps Nantes still had him insured until Cardiff paid the transfer fee....

They could insure against payment default (unlikely), but...

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The transfer had completed, Cardiff will have to pay.  The way it’s being dealt with is distateful but Cardiff have to honour the contract. 

They are more likely to sue for breach of contract.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There are a few angles here now about legality and morality.

- Irrespective of what the insurance was/wasn’t, Cardiff bought Sala and agreed the fee. They owe Nantes the money come what may, unless Nantes agree to write some/all off. Cardiff wouldn’t have been relying on insurance to pay the fee so have to pay

- However, it’s undoubtedly morally wrong for Nantes to start making legal threats (if that is the case), when ES hasn’t even been confirmed as dead yet and with the plane rescue ongoing. That’s terrible form.

- Again, though, we don’t know what obligations Nantes have to meet which they have scheduled from the fee. They may well need the money and are being leaned on by other people.

This would have been better served and everyone better off had this particular aspect not been played in the media. But legally, I’d say Cardiff have to meet the obligation and should probably do so and sort the insurance out later.

On the subject of insurance, I am very unconvinced that this will pay out - and I’m sure the insurers will resist. If the pilot didn’t have the appropriate licence or the plane wasn’t licenced for passengers (as mooted), any insurance firm will look to use it as a get out - again, not morally right, but I see this being majorly fought.

What I think will be the ultimate outcome here is Cardiff having to pay the full fee and ES’s contractual obligations, with no insurance paid out and then seeking civil recourse against the agent/aviation company.

Bottom line remains though there is a family at the end of this (well two families) who have lost a loved one and looking after them should be both clubs primary concern at the moment as opposed to fighting this out in the media at this point

That is Mrs F’s View too (ex-Insurance Underwriter).