IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

DxoLl-GXgAAUrcA.jpg

DxoNm7JX4AAEEpg.jpg

Saw this on Twitter in last 10 mins. Seems to be a lot of talk about it- any truth or??

Flares basically seen on an island that is (aside from birds and wildlife) uninhabited, an island near Alderney. I've honestly no idea, but seems to be a lot of talk about it on Twitter.

Police have done a half hour aerial search of the island, but nothing on foot yet apparently...Island called Burhou. World Heritage site.

They’ve at least crashed into the freezing cold sea. Had they even made it to the island, they’d have struggled immediately with hypothermia. The air temp on the channel drops to around -8 at night. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

DxoLl-GXgAAUrcA.jpg

DxoNm7JX4AAEEpg.jpg

Saw this on Twitter in last 10 mins. Seems to be a lot of talk about it- any truth or??

Flares basically seen on an island that is (aside from birds and wildlife) uninhabited, an island near Alderney. I've honestly no idea, but seems to be a lot of talk about it on Twitter.

Police have done a half hour aerial search of the island, but nothing on foot yet apparently...Island called Burhou. World Heritage site.

I thought I read that the plane left Nantes around 7/8pm? Could be something in it but times seem too far apart?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

They’ve at least crashed into the freezing cold sea. Had they even made it to the island, they’d have struggled immediately with hypothermia. The air temp on the channel drops to around -8 at night. 

For sure- would have had big problems even had they made it to the island.

Could it have been searched on foot during daylight though  sooner than it has been- if indeed it has been? This Tweet was sent 10.36am on 22nd January- nearly 48 hours ago. No criticism at all of anyone searching, but in these things time can really make all the difference.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

53 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For sure- would have had big problems even had they made it to the island.

Could it have been searched on foot during daylight though  sooner than it has been- if indeed it has been? This Tweet was sent 10.36am on 22nd January- nearly 48 hours ago. No criticism at all of anyone searching, but in these things time can really make all the difference.

It's one of those damned if you, damned if you don't situations. My dog works for our local fire brigade searching for missing people, and a lot of misconceptions exist about the job. At the end of the day, you're talking about making the most of the limited resources / team you have whilst the clock ticks against you. You can't be everywhere. Whilst it seems odd these flares (or whatever they turn out to be) coming from the island weren't investigated earlier, there's sure to be a very good reason for that (lack of) action, i.e. it would have taken resources away from a more pertinent area of search. Mistakes are often made, that goes without saying, but all searches - whether they be land or sea - are highly complex and intricate things with an extremely solid methodology behind them (and I imagine in the UK the level, knowledge and expertise is even higher).

Incidentally, I realize you're not having a pop Mr P, am just giving a different side here! 

Edited by poland_exile

• Admin
10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

DxoLl-GXgAAUrcA.jpg

DxoNm7JX4AAEEpg.jpg

But flares are fired in a singular action, these appear to show a trajectory of all being fired at the same time 

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

DxoLl-GXgAAUrcA.jpg

DxoNm7JX4AAEEpg.jpg

This doesn't look like flares to me, certainly not ones that would be fired from your 'standard' flare gun kept on a light aircraft.

These smoke trails, whatever they are, also extend quite a way into the distance, whereas your average flare will travel around 500 feet up into the air and fall slowly back to earth. 

These also look too big to be associated with the size of aircraft we're talking about here.

That being said, I hope  they do provide authorities with some kind of clue.

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

Are there other pictures showing what's up in the sky to the top left?

Because that could be falling burning pieces of aeroplane instead of flares going up...sorry again if that sounds morbid, but there is no other way of asking.

12 hours after the planes gone missing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Super said:

A ridiculous news story. Said he was a little rusty to a friend...Typically sensationalist story with nothing of any value.

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

A ridiculous news story. Said he was a little rusty to a friend...Typically sensationalist story with nothing of any value.

indeed, until the plane/black box is found, we won't know what happened 

Edited by Monkeh

1 minute ago, Negan said:

Don't they have a month to find the plane before the black box becomes unsalvageable? 

batteries last 30 days (standard commercial flight) thats how long it sends a signal I believe, they need to find the tail of this plane as thats where it should be kept,

I'm not sure how long it stores info for, but it records the last 2 hours of the flight

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

I don't know anything about aviation so this may be a stupid question - would a plane of this size have a black box? 

from a quick google search

The "black box" is made up of two separate pieces of equipment: the flight data recorder (FDR) and a cockpit voice recorder (CVR). They are compulsory on any commercial flight or corporate jet, and are usually kept in the tail of an aircraft, where they are more likely to survive a crash

• Like 1

As they seem to know roughly where the plane was, I find it amazing after all this time that they haven't found any wreckage or at least a fuel or oil slick.  It's not like they were searching for a needle in a haystack in the South Atlantic.

Private and commercial flights are in this area all the time along with considerable marine traffic even if SAR has found no sign.

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

As they seem to know roughly where the plane was, I find it amazing after all this time that they haven't found any wreckage or at least a fuel or oil slick.  It's not like they were searching for a needle in a haystack in the South Atlantic.

Private and commercial flights are in this area all the time along with considerable marine traffic even if SAR has found no sign.

if its gone down in water, they have to take drift, under laying currents and all sort of other things into consideration, 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

if its gone down in water, they have to take drift, under laying currents and all sort of other things into consideration, 

Understood, but with all the traffic in the area I am surprised that nothing has been spotted. Things usually don't disappear without a trace unless someone wants them to disappear without a trace.

• Like 1

Going back to the insurance thing, would the player even be insured. I guess so but there are often restrictions placed on ‘valuable assets’, eg no travelling in a helicopter, no using a jet ski, no owning a motorbike etc. Would a small plane be on one of the restricted lists? I guess not if the Agent representative was ferrying him around, if that’s true, but it made me wonder.

So sad for all concerned that there is no news, must be absolute agony waiting but surely now there can’t still be any hope only closure, and they might not ever get that. So cruel.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Understood, but with all the traffic in the area I am surprised that nothing has been spotted. Things usually don't disappear without a trace unless someone wants them to disappear without a trace.

But if it sank, you wouldn't see any evidence in a lot of cases. The Pilot and Emiliano would be still strapped in if it went in fast, so like the  Air France that went into the Atlantic a few years back, it may take some finding.

25 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

It does seem odd. I'm no expert but they last had contact at 2500 feet so guessing they know that location and which route is was going In. That area is fairly wide though and of course they have no idea after how long it flew for.

Edited by Super

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

why would some one want an unknown pilot and footballer to disappear, you're in conspiracy theory territory there,