IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

5 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Like what H...?

Was mostly just in the thread I read about money, its a minority but still some saying stuff like was he really their player in a way to say they shouldn't have to pay, one said surely in a time like this the football family of clubs in the premier league can pay the fee given what scudamore got paid, its a tragic situation but some of the comments hit me like they really lacked class. Again will reiterate it was a minority, small one at that and suspect most clubs would have those few people as well.

Edited by hodge
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The body brought up from the plane has been identified as Emiliano Sala.

My Wife said they had found a body on the plane and showed the plane id I said that's at the rear of the plane that's Sala as the Pilot would have  been struggling to the end to save the plane I hope they find him and he is given a good send-off. 

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s a fairly unprecedented situation, thankfully. 

At the end of the day, they signed the player (the details of whether the player should ever have even been on that aircraft are not known enough to judge, granted) 

The second he signed that contract, Cardiff were liable for his agreed transfer fee. 

We were able to pull out of the Metab? Transfer after everything was all agreed.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

We were able to pull out of the Metab? Transfer after everything was all agreed.

Agreed is one thing, actually signing on the dotted line is quite another. I don’t think he ever actually signed. Bit like “buying” a house, nothing’s for certain until completion. 

Sounds like corners were cut in a murky world where everyone wants a slice of the vast amounts of money that is sloshing around, with no real thought to the player who has now paid the ultimate price. How most people involved in this can come out of this with a clear conscious now it’s been confirmed that lives were lost is beyond me.

RIP

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedM said:

Sounds like corners were cut in a murky world where everyone wants a slice of the vast amounts of money that is sloshing around, with no real thought to the player who has now paid the ultimate price. How most people involved in this can come out of this with a clear conscious now it’s been confirmed that lives were lost is beyond me.

RIP

I've a funny feeling in the coming weeks and months this story will get worse, when the finger of blame starts getting pointed in courts etc 

image.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

I've a funny feeling in the coming weeks and months this story will get worse, when the finger of blame starts getting pointed in courts etc 

image.png

Me too. Once the funerals, hopefully there will be two, have passed and money and payments take the place of shock, loss and grieving I can see this being dragged on for years. Who knew about what, who is owed what and where does the fault lie. I guess much hinges depending on whether the player was doing something authorised, whether him being flown was insured or allowed, and by whom. Also the accident investigation will show what happened hopefully, faulty plane or pilot error. 

Until then though there is another family waiting for the return of their loved one who like Sala was only doing his job. These are the victims of a much greedier bunch.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

RIP

The email exchanges between the agent and player beggar belief, the lies and subterfuge employed is absolutely shocking, there are some people on this forum who defend agents as being necessary to the modern game, I'm sorry I beg to differ, they are not interested in the player, the clubs, genuine football fans and the beautiful game itself, they are only interested in money, they are parasites.

This is a very sorry and tragic tale of somebody who had a duty of care to his client and singularly failed in that duty.

Sadly I have absolutely zero faith in either FIFA or the UK football authorities in dealing with this matter appropriately, a thug who has for the 2nd time in 2 years stamped on an opponents face is facing no action FFS.

I hope Cardiff do not let this go without a fight and through investigation, it just plain stinks.

RIP Emiliano and to the pilot, whom I hope is soon found.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I hope Cardiff do not let this go without a fight

As bad as it sounds to say it pretty sure Cardiff only want a thorough investigation on the chance they won't have to pay out. Insurance may cover the fee but apparently there's another £16m potentially tied up in everything. Paying the first installment is almost a case of accepting they will be paying everything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

As bad as it sounds to say it pretty sure Cardiff only want a thorough investigation on the chance they won't have to pay out. Insurance may cover the fee but apparently there's another £16m potentially tied up in everything. Paying the first installment is almost a case of accepting they will be paying everything. 

You would think:-

1. That Nantes would have far more class than demanding payment in not only the way that they did but also in the time frame that they did.

2. That if the parasite agent still wants his cut, he donates it to the Salas family.

3. Somebody had a duty of care for this poor guy and singularly failed, whoever that is I hope that they are sued and it doesn't look good for the agent so far.

I am staggered by the lies the agent not only told the player but also the 2 clubs, the manipulation is staggering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The email exchanges between the agent and player beggar belief, the lies and subterfuge employed is absolutely shocking, there are some people on this forum who defend agents as being necessary to the modern game, I'm sorry I beg to differ, they are not interested in the player, the clubs, genuine football fans and the beautiful game itself, they are only interested in money, they are parasites.

This is a very sorry and tragic tale of somebody who had a duty of care to his client and singularly failed in that duty.

Sadly I have absolutely zero faith in either FIFA or the UK football authorities in dealing with this matter appropriately, a thug who has for the 2nd time in 2 years stamped on an opponents face is facing no action FFS.

I hope Cardiff do not let this go without a fight and through investigation, it just plain stinks.

RIP Emiliano and to the pilot, whom I hope is soon found.

The email exchanges seem to confirm what  many of us have long suspected, i.e. that many agents have little or no scruples, are prepared to employ underhand and devious tactics - sometimes at the player's expense - with the sole aim of making and extracting as much money from football.

That Cardiff were to have paid a total of £30m, of which only £15m actually went to Nantes, makes this only the latest in any number of transfers where the slice of the fee disappearing to people who seem have done very little to justify their remuneration needs to be looked at, and action taken to better regulate agents in general, but the make up and distribution of transfer fees in particular.

A fundamental fact that I struggle grasp, is how a player's agent is remunerated by a club! If I employ an estate agent to sell my house, I don;t expect the purchaser to pay the agent's fee, so why does this seem to happen in football. In this case, it seems that McKay has "cold called" Sala, suggesting that he ( McKay) has created a market, by making false claims in the market place and as a result came up with the deal Cardiff. If McKay approached Cardiff to try and broker a deal to sell them Sala, why would Cardiff be expected to pay his, or any other agents' fees?

It seems to me that there is a lot of things around players wages, agents involvement and the like that is a bit like the Emperor's new clothes. All of us know it is ludicrous, but no one in the game dealing with these issues either recognises it, or is prepared to do anything about it.

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You would think:-

1. That Nantes would have far more class than demanding payment in not only the way that they did but also in the time frame that they did.

2. That if the parasite agent still wants his cut, he donates it to the Salas family.

3. Somebody had a duty of care for this poor guy and singularly failed, whoever that is I hope that they are sued and it doesn't look good for the agent so far.

I am staggered by the lies the agent not only told the player but also the 2 clubs, the manipulation is staggering.

I agree something needs to be done about what the agent did as its shocking. With regards to the club though, perhaps they require the money to make payments they're obligated to make and are relying on that money? Bordeaux are owed half of what Nantes get but they've said they're not demanding anything atm. I probably haven't read everything but to me it seems like the fact he had a hard deadline when he had to be at Cardiff and wanting to have a certain amount of time in France to sort everything, while Cardiff were willing to pay for a commercial flight it was known it wouldn't leave him enough time to do everything he needed/wanted to do in France so in a way forced to private flight scenario, but from there it seems like cost cutting when finding the actual flight, no reason a better private plane couldn't have been used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Undoubtedly.

42 minutes ago, RedM said:

Me too. Once the funerals, hopefully there will be two, have passed and money and payments take the place of shock, loss and grieving I can see this being dragged on for years. Who knew about what, who is owed what and where does the fault lie. I guess much hinges depending on whether the player was doing something authorised, whether him being flown was insured or allowed, and by whom. Also the accident investigation will show what happened hopefully, faulty plane or pilot error. 

Until then though there is another family waiting for the return of their loved one who like Sala was only doing his job. These are the victims of a much greedier bunch.

My understanding is that, in so far as it concerns his travel arrangements, Sala was a free agent. Cardiff apparently proposed a commercial flight to Cardiff (probably a 2 hour TGV from Nantes to Paris and then a flight to Cardiff), but Sala declined, proposed to make his own travel arrangements and, of course, the McKays, out of the kindness of their hearts (for they were not Sala's agent!), were able to arrange a 'free!?!' flight direct from Nantes to Cardiff: as will undoubtedly be demonstrated in the months to come, the question of payment for the flight, i.e. whether the pilot was paid and, if so, by whom, will be shown to be of extreme importance. 

Regrettably, I suspect the plane will never be recovered (which party would want to incur the expense?) and, accordingly, the true cause of the accident will most likely remain 'undetermined'.

Insurance is another matter altogether, and I shall endeavour to post on this later. 

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The email exchanges between the agent and player beggar belief, the lies and subterfuge employed is absolutely shocking, there are some people on this forum who defend agents as being necessary to the modern game, I'm sorry I beg to differ, they are not interested in the player, the clubs, genuine football fans and the beautiful game itself, they are only interested in money, they are parasites. Agreed. Incidentally, and you may have read this in L'Équipe, despite Willie McKay's exaggerated statement of self-importance, Didier Drogba is now denying that he was ever his agent!  

This is a very sorry and tragic tale of somebody who had a duty of care to his client and singularly failed in that duty. A 'sorry and tragic tale' certainly, but bear in mind that 'The McKays' were not Sala's agent! With the benefit of hindsight, however, Cardiff might wish they had paid more attention to Sala's travel arrangements and, one would have thought (especially with €18M at stake!), insisted on using something more trustworthy than a single propeller light aircraft, piloted by a part-time DJ flying across the Channel at night in freezing conditions.

Sadly I have absolutely zero faith in either FIFA or the UK football authorities in dealing with this matter appropriately, a thug who has for the 2nd time in 2 years stamped on an opponents face is facing no action FFS. I am not sure how this tragic affair concerns Tyrone Mings or, indeed, FIFA and the UK football authorities. 

I hope Cardiff do not let this go without a fight and through investigation, it just plain stinks. Fight? Against who, and on what grounds?

RIP Emiliano and to the pilot, whom I hope is soon found. I agree entirely.

Several agents were involved, but I suspect the McKays, both father and son, (for whom, incidentally, the past few days have, apparently, been a nightmare!) whilst not being Sala's agent, will be found to have had their dirty fingers in the pie somewhere along the line - interestingly, it would seem that Neil Warnock's favoured agents were not involved directly in this transfer.

57 minutes ago, hodge said:

I agree something needs to be done about what the agent did as its shocking. With regards to the club though, perhaps they require the money to make payments they're obligated to make and are relying on that money? Bordeaux are owed half of what Nantes get but they've said they're not demanding anything atm. I probably haven't read everything but to me it seems like the fact he had a hard deadline when he had to be at Cardiff and wanting to have a certain amount of time in France to sort everything, while Cardiff were willing to pay for a commercial flight it was known it wouldn't leave him enough time to do everything he needed/wanted to do in France so in a way forced to private flight scenario, but from there it seems like cost cutting when finding the actual flight, no reason a better private plane couldn't have been used.

It was the public demand that was wrong, surely this should have been a totally private matter, I think that only Cardiff so far come out of this with any dignity whatsoever and it's not often we can utter those words.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

What I found truly sickening this morning was the news on BBC 1 that the body had been identified as Sala and the search for the pilot had been called off.

We should all remember there were 2 people on that plane 1 cost £15m one didn't but the families loss is still the same.

Understand your sentiments 

But grossly unfair , even if they have ‘called off the search for the pilot’

If the pilot is not in or the vicinity of the wreckage (Bearing in mind they have been using remote drones to look) where do you suggest they search ?

Lets hope the currents and tides bring the pilot to be found 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If the pilot is not in or the vicinity of the wreckage (Bearing in mind they have been using remote drones to look) where do you suggest they search ?

Unfortunately, and I am sure nobody on here wishes to go through the gory details of this tragedy, it would seem most likely that Sala's body was trapped in the wreckage of the fuselage whilst, regrettably, the body of the pilot may have escaped and, as you suggest, will (hopefully) be recovered later. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Do you think they would have called the search off if the body had been identified as the pilot?

I don't know where or how they would look as I'm not an expert but it just seems wrong. 

• Like 2

There is another issue here, I accept that perhaps Cardiff and not Nantes released the payment demand into the public domain and that begs another big question, why is there no process in place whereby the really nice, helpful and of course not corrupt people who run FIFA, the FFF or the premier league step in and loan on an interest free agreement the money to Nantes if there need is that pressing, it's not as if they haven't got a bob or two.

This whole tragic tale brings home the sad feeling of brown envelopes full of money that everybody within the process of a transfer gets, that is lost to football forever and a day.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Do you think they would have called the search off if the body had been identified as the pilot?

I don't know where or how they would look as I'm not an expert but it just seems wrong. 

Yes I do

I think the identity of the one found is irrelevant

and to think otherwise , I have to say a very bizarre , and discourteous , thought or belief

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Undoubtedly.

My understanding is that, in so far as it concerns his travel arrangements, Sala was a free agent. Cardiff apparently proposed a commercial flight to Cardiff (probably a 2 hour TGV from Nantes to Paris and then a flight to Cardiff), but Sala declined, proposed to make his own travel arrangements and, of course, the McKays, out of the kindness of their hearts (for they were not Sala's agent!), were able to arrange a 'free!?!' flight direct from Nantes to Cardiff: as will undoubtedly be demonstrated in the months to come, the question of payment for the flight, i.e. whether the pilot was paid and, if so, by whom, will be shown to be of extreme importance. 

Regrettably, I suspect the plane will never be recovered (which party would want to incur the expense?) and, accordingly, the true cause of the accident will most likely remain 'undetermined'.

Insurance is another matter altogether, and I shall endeavour to post on this later. 

Several agents were involved, but I suspect the McKays, both father and son, (for whom, incidentally, the past few days have, apparently, been a nightmare!) whilst not being Sala's agent, will be found to have had their dirty fingers in the pie somewhere along the line - interestingly, it would seem that Neil Warnock's favoured agents were not involved directly in this transfer.

Also there might be info, now evidence, in any conversations the pilot had with Air Traffic Control. Did I read somewhere that he had requested to land in Gurnsey? He surely would have said why. Sadly he didn’t make it of course.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes I do

I think the identity of the one found is irrelevant

and to think otherwise , I have to say a very bizarre , and discourteous , thought or belief

I may be cynical but on this I have to disagree with you.

Anyway, to be arguing over this or anything else surrounding the death of 2 people is as you rightly say discourteous and probably upsetting for those involved directly.

• Like 1