IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes -

I’m no mechanic / engineer - but simply , carbon monoxide from the engines should never be getting into the plane interior 

exhaust or filter failure ?

It happens, probably a gasket or seal leaking in the exhaust, then another seal, in the heater system or fire bulkhead leaking.

• Thanks 2

Not wishing to bring this off topic re the CO story, nor wishing to be disrespectful to anyone, but what was the outcome of the financials surrounding this deal? 

Last I recall was that Cardiff were saying they wouldn’t pay. Is that still the case or have they paid up now? 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Not wishing to bring this off topic re the CO story, nor wishing to be disrespectful to anyone, but what was the outcome of the financials surrounding this deal? 

Last I recall was that Cardiff were saying they wouldn’t pay. Is that still the case or have they paid up now? 

The last I read was that Cardiff were still in dispute with Nantes and were still querying the legality of the deal. I may be wrong but I haven't seen any reports of payments being made. I'm not sure if the bereaved family have received anything either. Tragic state of affairs from all perspectives. 

It’s been stated in media coverage on numerous occasions that Ibbotson was not qualified to fly at night or to carry paying passengers. We now know in addition that the aircraft had a potentially lethal fault. So, neither plane nor pilot were fit for purpose.

Yes, it is unbearably sad and made arguably more so now by this confirmation of what has long been suspected, that the flight should never have left the ground. As well as sadness there should also be anger at the illegality and level of irresponsibility involved. Whether anyone is held to account remains to be seen. I imagine tracing the lines of legal responsibility could be a very complex process.

21 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Probably more accurate would be a minor fault, but with significant and fatal consequences.

I always used to get headaches and feel drowsy when I was driving a car I used to have and it turned out it was a slight crack in the exhaust manifold that was allowing exhaust gases/CO into the heating/ventilation system so I guess this could be the same sort of fault?

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I always used to get headaches and feel drowsy when I was driving a car I used to have and it turned out it was a slight crack in the exhaust manifold that was allowing exhaust gases/CO into the heating/ventilation system so I guess this could be the same sort of fault?

Sound likely, it’s not unheard of.

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nothing to do with the 5 pints of Thatchers you had beforehand then RRH 😀

• Haha 1

See the FIFA ruling is now in and Cardiff have been ordered to pay £5.3m to Nantes for Sala. Seems a bit of a fudge - if he was their player, then surely full fee payable. If not, surely nothing. Be interested to see the logic in 1/3 of agreed fee being the decision 

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

See the FIFA ruling is now in and Cardiff have been ordered to pay £5.3m to Nantes for Sala. Seems a bit of a fudge - if he was their player, then surely full fee payable. If not, surely nothing. Be interested to see the logic in 1/3 of agreed fee being the decision 

I think that’s the first instalment of 3.

Next one due Jan 2020 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I think that’s the first instalment of 3.

Next one due Jan 2020 

Yeah - it said in the report I read that Cardiff were a bit unclear if it was a one-off payment or a first installment but I would imagine they would ultimately need to pay everything except any parts of the fee that were contingent on performance or appearances. 

23 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ah, thanks - BBC report originally just said £5.3m and didn’t indicate it was an instalment. Makes more sense now and indicates FIFA viewed Sala as Cardiff’s player

....as did Cardiff - until the plane crash!

• Like 5

Just a thought, besides the contractual obligations between the two employers, Cardiff & Nantes, as per todays ruling I wonder are there any outstanding fees payable by either club to Emiliano's estate (ie family) regarding 'signing on' fees etc..? 

I sincerely hope all parties have behaved and done the right thing when it comes to Emiliano's rights (be they legal or moral) and his estate/family has been properly looked after.

Its time these legalities are concluded - then, hopefully, Emiliano will finally be able to Rest In Peace.   

Edited by WhistleHappy

Taken from BBC Sport, this is going to rumble on and on. . . .

Cardiff City have decided to appeal against Fifa's ruling that they must pay the first instalment of 6m euros (£5.3m) to Nantes for £15m striker Emiliano Sala.

The Bluebirds will challenge the ruling at the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland.

The Argentine, who was 28, died in a plane crash in January while travelling from France to join his new club.

Cardiff and Nantes have since been in dispute over fee payments.

Cardiff have argued they were not liable for any of the full £15m fee because Sala was not officially their player when he died.

The club refused to make interim payments, claiming the deal was not legally binding.

BBC Sport has also learned that the second instalment of the £15m fee agreed for Sala is due to be paid in January 2020.

Nantes argued that having signed with Cardiff, Sala's contract with Nantes was over and that he had become a Cardiff player.

Cardiff recruited Sala while they were in the Premier League and have since been relegated to the Championship.

The Bluebirds believe the transfer was null and void, saying the Premier League had rejected certain clauses requested by Nantes in the original contract and that Sala never had a chance to review or sign the final version, meaning their record signing was not registered as a Premier League player.

The plane carrying Sala and pilot David Ibbotson, 59, crashed in the English Channel on 21 January, two days after the player's transfer was announced.

The footballer's body was recovered from the wreckage, but Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

Sala was exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide prior to the crash, a report later revealed.

12 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If he wasn’t there player why all the upset at Cardiff when he died. He was on there website wearing/holding a shirt, 

They are doing all they can to not pay out, think it’s disgusting the way they are acting.

This - it was all over their website when the plane went missing "always a bluebird" and "one of our family"......   Until they realised there was a chance to wriggle out of paying.

What a vile disgusting club they are.

• Like 2

They actually should be told that all the fee(s) should be paid in full, otherwise they face a fine bigger than the proposed fee(s). 

Least that way Nantes and the family would get what they were owed whilst Cardiff were still punished for trying to avoid paying for a player that was essentially theirs.

5 minutes ago, Slacker said:

A long drawn out legal case could possible cost Cardiff a great deal of money should they lose. Money that they could spend doing the decent thing.Cant imagine their behaviour will enamour them to prospective future signings either.

Heard Simon Jordan talking about the Sala situation on Talksport the other day.

He commented that all of this is about money ( as if we didn't know). He also mentioned that as part of the contract there will be the player's signing on fee and of course his contractual wages ( subject to any clauses in the contract) which would be due to the player's estate i.e. almost certainly his family. Jordan then said that morally Cardiff should have settled to ensure this was done, but he then went on to say that when it comes to money, football has no morals!

Jordan also said that he thinks Cardiff's actions are all about their insurer's trying to minimise how much they have to pay out, although if I remember correctly a few o here doubted that Cardiff would have had the player insured.

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

Cardiff City are not coming out of this saga very well are they, would like to think we would have acted in a very different way.

Massive understatement. They come out of this absolutely stinking of shit. Disgusting what they're doing to try and get out of a relatively small transfer fee, given the sums of money they would've received from reaching the Premier League. 

Sadly, I think a lot of clubs would've taken this sort of action, as it seems money is everything to them. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Akira said:

Massive understatement. They come out of this absolutely stinking of shit. Disgusting what they're doing to try and get out of a relatively small transfer fee, given the sums of money they would've received from reaching the Premier League. 

Sadly, I think a lot of clubs would've taken this sort of action, as it seems money is everything to them. 

This seems to confirm what I heard Simon Jordan say on Talksport recently.  His comment was that when money is involved, football has no integrity.

Sala was flying to Cardiff for his first training session with his new club, so it is only with the benefit of hindsight, and the inconvenient death of said player en route , that the contract became an issue or Cardiff, especially as it seems the issue with the contract is down to Cardiff's error. 

Given the emotive nature of the circumstances, I am amazed that Cardiff has not sought to find a settlement agreed privately between the clubs and away from publicity.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, pillred said:

Cardiff City are not coming out of this saga very well are they, would like to think we would have acted in a very different way.

I know that as City fans we are completely biased, but I for one would be astounded had SL dealt with this situation as Cardiff has done.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Emiliano Sala