IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

22 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wonder if this played a part in NW`s decision to leave. Did he know what was coming and wanted no part of it? He is a decent man and I could see him thinking this sort of thing to be morally wrong.

It was warnocks dealings with the very dodgy agent willie mackay that led to all this possibly. Why were WM’s two kids signed by us, but never played or hardly seen? I actually wish like many fans I know wish we had paid the initial 5 million, but it’s all in the hands of the lawyers and the club were apparently told not too. I’d be amazed if any club went against legal advice. Also, Nantes have refused to even talk to ccfc since the tragedy. They have a very dodgy chairman who all their fans hate.  I’m amazed they haven’t enquired into why Sala was put in that dodgy flight with an un qualified pilot, but they haven’t, they just want the cash.

If it weren't for us taking this course of legal action against them then those individuals whether agents or representatives of Nantes FC who contributed to this tragedy would go unchallenged. No-one else seems bothered to uncover the facts.. I’m glad we are searching for the answers to finding those responsible for the poor guys death. 

• Like 3

• Admin
14 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

It was warnocks dealings with the very dodgy agent willie mackay that led to all this possibly.

Was interesting that when Warnock left Cardiff it was reported that the club requested his phone be returned so they could keep hold of all texts and emails into this deal

Maybe on to something there @Montpelierblue

• Like 1

• Admin

EMILIANO Sala's plane crashed into the English Channel after carbon monoxide leaked into the cabin and his unqualified pilot lost control, an investigation has found.

The Cardiff City striker was killed along with David Ibbotson when their plane plunged into water off the coast of Guernsey at high speed.

An Air Accidents Investigations Branch report found Mr Ibbotson from Crowle, North Lincs, did not hold a licence to fly commercially and was not trained to fly at night.

The Piper Malibu PA-46 plane crashed on January 21 just hours after Argentinian striker Sala had signed for Premier League Cardiff from French club Nantes for £15m.

He was flying privately to the Welsh capital from France but the original pilot David Henderson, 64, arranged for Mr Ibbotson to take the flight instead.

Evidence showed Mr Ibbotson felt "under pressure” to complete the journey because he was being paid.

The report concluded: “The pilot’s ability to control the aircraft was probably impaired by the effects of CO poisoning, but he appeared to have some level of function at a late stage of the flight.

“The pilot’s lack of training in night flying and recent practice in instrument flying is likely to have increased the risk of loss of control.

“It was not possible to quantify the extent to which either factor contributed to events but it was likely that the loss of control was made significantly more likely by the probability was affected by CO poisoning.”

Sala's body was discovered in the wreckage three days later but Mr Ibbotson has never been found.
The report said Sala would have been "deeply unconscious" at the time of the crash based on levels of carbon monoxide in his bloodstream.

On the prior flight from Cardiff to Nantes, the pilot had noticed four technical problems, including an engine oil leak, a loss of brake pressure, and a rogue stall warning.

The report found the most probable cause of carbon monoxide entering the cabin was a leak of exhaust fumes into the heating system.

Mr Ibbotson, whose SEP rating on his EASA licence expired in November 2018, meaning he had no ‘night rating’, was not qualified to fly the aircraft at the time of the accident, the report authors said.

The report added: “The pilot was not permitted to be remunerated for the flight, yet there was significant evidence to show that he was expecting to be paid.

“It is likely that the pilot felt some pressure to complete the return leg of the flight even though it would be at night and in poor weather.”

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

EMILIANO Sala's plane crashed into the English Channel after carbon monoxide leaked into the cabin and his unqualified pilot lost control, an investigation has found.

The Cardiff City striker was killed along with David Ibbotson when their plane plunged into water off the coast of Guernsey at high speed.

An Air Accidents Investigations Branch report found Mr Ibbotson from Crowle, North Lincs, did not hold a licence to fly commercially and was not trained to fly at night.

The Piper Malibu PA-46 plane crashed on January 21 just hours after Argentinian striker Sala had signed for Premier League Cardiff from French club Nantes for £15m.

He was flying privately to the Welsh capital from France but the original pilot David Henderson, 64, arranged for Mr Ibbotson to take the flight instead.

Evidence showed Mr Ibbotson felt "under pressure” to complete the journey because he was being paid.

The report concluded: “The pilot’s ability to control the aircraft was probably impaired by the effects of CO poisoning, but he appeared to have some level of function at a late stage of the flight.

“The pilot’s lack of training in night flying and recent practice in instrument flying is likely to have increased the risk of loss of control.

“It was not possible to quantify the extent to which either factor contributed to events but it was likely that the loss of control was made significantly more likely by the probability was affected by CO poisoning.”

Sala's body was discovered in the wreckage three days later but Mr Ibbotson has never been found.
The report said Sala would have been "deeply unconscious" at the time of the crash based on levels of carbon monoxide in his bloodstream.

On the prior flight from Cardiff to Nantes, the pilot had noticed four technical problems, including an engine oil leak, a loss of brake pressure, and a rogue stall warning.

The report found the most probable cause of carbon monoxide entering the cabin was a leak of exhaust fumes into the heating system.

Mr Ibbotson, whose SEP rating on his EASA licence expired in November 2018, meaning he had no ‘night rating’, was not qualified to fly the aircraft at the time of the accident, the report authors said.

The report added: “The pilot was not permitted to be remunerated for the flight, yet there was significant evidence to show that he was expecting to be paid.

“It is likely that the pilot felt some pressure to complete the return leg of the flight even though it would be at night and in poor weather.”

Anything about him? Surely the contract was with him and Cardiff/Nante/Sala, he should have some liability?

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Yes as we thought, the scum agent put him in that plane.

The agent had hired a licensed pilot, it was the pilot who passed the job onto the unlicensed pilot, not sure how that is the agents fault. Also, why did the pilot fly the plane back, when he reported faults with it on the way over, sounds like someone under pressure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The agent had hired a licensed pilot, it was the pilot who passed the job onto the unlicensed pilot, not sure how that is the agents fault. Also, why did the pilot fly the plane back, when he reported faults with it on the way over, sounds like someone under pressure.

And most certainly all about the money. The party paying were no doubt charged a Premium and therefore demanded a premium service, you don’t say no when they are calling the shots.

But of course you should, safety is of course paramount. I don’t have experience of planes, only hot air balloon pilots, and if there is any slight doubt with equipment or weather they will cancel, even if they have disappointed people already stood in the basket. I’ve been in there and been cancelled with only minutes to go. The mantra is very much that we will fly another day.

I don’t care how important it was to get from A to B, nothing can be that vital that you risk a life. This now seems much more than just chancing on coming across bad weather. At the end of the day he was a footballer, even someone who could save the world from this virus shouldn’t be put on a plane and fingers crossed he makes it.

Very sad for all involved, someone must be having sleepless nights. But greed and money once again are truly the root of all evils. How tragic to be driven by both.

• Like 3

On 14/03/2020 at 12:31, bcfcfinker said:

Long time ago, I remember that people could 'bend' the rules of flying. I think it was something along the lines of 'Visual flight rules'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_flight_rules

But this is all speculation

..during the day,,,good(clear)weather with cloud clearance(most importantly no loss of visual reference).....not really ambiguous.

Can't do the link-thing, and didn't want to spend ages looking for the original thread to update, but for anyone who was following this very sad story at the time, there is a report on BBC News website regarding the latest legal proceedings in the case.

It does seem that some sort of justice will be done. Henderson, who - allegedly - arranged the flight (piloted by Ibbotson, whose licence to fly commercial passengers had expired), has pleaded guilty to a charge of (I think) "endangering an aircraft" - or something of that nature.

Couldn't see it mentioned anywhere else on the forum, and I know the story was of interest to some members, so though I'd just draw attention to this development.

Edited by CliftonCliff
typo
  • Thanks 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58951342

A man has pleaded guilty to a charge relating to the flight in which footballer Emiliano Sala died.

David Henderson admitted attempting to discharge a passenger without valid permission or authorisation.

The plane carrying 28-year-old Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed into the English Channel in January 2019.

Henderson, 66, of the East Riding of Yorkshire, will now go on trial on a separate charge, accused of endangering the safety of an aircraft.

He entered the guilty plea when he asked to be rearraigned on the eve of his trial, as he appeared before High Court judge Mr Justice Foxton at Cardiff Crown Court on Monday.

Emiliano Sala and David IbbotsonIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES/DAVID IBBOTSON
Image caption,Emiliano Sala (left) was on board a plane being flown by pilot David Ibbotson

Henderson is alleged to have arranged the flight carrying Sala and 59-year-old Mr Ibbotson.

The single-engine Piper Malibu aircraft was bringing the striker, who was involved in a multimillion pound transfer deal, from Nantes in France to Cardiff where he had signed for the Bluebirds.

The body of Sala was recovered from the seabed the following month, but neither the body of Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, nor the plane's wreckage, was recovered.

Map showing location of Alderney and lighthouse
Image caption,The Piper Malibu N264DB disappeared from radar near the Channel Islands on 21 January.

At a hearing in October 2020, the court heard how Mr Ibbotson's licence to fly an aircraft commercially had expired in November 2018.

The Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) reported at the start of the year that the plane had been leaking carbon monoxide during the flight and a final manoeuvre by Mr Ibbotson to pull up the plane had caused it to break up mid-air.

An jury inquest into his death was postponed until after Mr Henderson's trial and is scheduled for 14 February 2022.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When will it be decided as to whether Cardiff have to pay up the outstanding transfer fee?

That's ongoing I believe but post news of a hearing at the CAS being due, it's been silent in that regard.

I had forgotten about the rather unseemly wrangling over whose player he was, legally, at the time of his tragic death. Thanks for reminding us. it will be interesting to see how that one plays out. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

I had forgotten about the rather unseemly wrangling over whose player he was, legally, at the time of his tragic death. Thanks for reminding us. it will be interesting to see how that one plays out. 

And probably the cause of huge distress to his family. 

A real shame that they are having to do this at CAS and couldn't do something to resolve this amicably.

• Like 1