IGNORED

LJ On Talksport in few mins

BobBobSuperBob

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Only a guess Exiled

But someone who has proved they can score at this level (At whatever ratio) But I think ....

More so somebody who can perform that platform role in whatever way , the rare target man or a mobile striker who can work the channels

Always only ever going to be a guess, but that's half the fun.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I wonder about Zahore 

Which if so is unlikely now

Sadly yes. By my own definition he is proven - 3 seasons in the Champ, 1 promotion, 23 goals, 10 assists. 1 goal every 225 minutes. He's proven. 24 as well so a good age.

As others have said the "low profile" thing cuts both ways, the press will want to to talk to people at a club on a run like ours and this will only increase if we win on Friday night and get a decent draw. I think it's ironic that if no one was being interviewed from the club, people would be getting on social media complaining that the national press has no interest in little Bristol City etc.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

This keeping a low profile thing...

Doesn't wash with me. The transfer window is open, so surely we want to be as high profile as possible, and it isn't as if other people don't look at results and league tables.

I dont get it either, there's no such thing. Anyone worth their salt in football will be fully aware of what teams around them are doing. We aren't suddenly creeping up the table (at least in their eyes) they'll have analysts reviewing all sorts and form teams will definitely be one of them.

Even if we aren't plastered all over the news, the other teams and managers will be aware of us and our form.

39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would like a proven (Within our means) forward in Jan to supplement Squad 

Doesnt havev to be a target man but somebody who can (Can’t remember his exact words) lead up top (Suggesting, Which I approve of that we are looking at , say mobile forwards who can lead the line in a different way)

In there somewhere, I suppose, is the need for a striker to simply bang loads of goals in. He could just say it mind. Save a lot of breath.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

This keeping a low profile thing...

Doesn't wash with me. The transfer window is open, so surely we want to be as high profile as possible, and it isn't as if other people don't look at results and league tables.

Rather LJ than Sir Steve spouting shit about points deductions for Leeds to be fair.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve just tuned in to my default radio station.....shame those that refer to TS as TalkShite won’t hear it...................:cool2:

You think the content on TalkSport is good? It's all starting to make sense...

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Yeah that’s a fair point. But why do the club say it in the first place then? We were all over the media when we were doing well last season and then it went to pot. We’re not even in the playoff positions yet and it seems to be creeping back in SLs comments last week and now LJ on Talksport.  Just think we’d be better served doing our own thing. Not a big deal though in the grand scheme of things though tbf. 

What comments were these out of interest?

The more I think about it , and Lee spoke fine , and sensibly , but he wasn’t his normally bubbly self...distracted

Strange they ‘lost him’ just as the plane story broke

Fwiw I think  Lee was already aware of the breaking news and either not in the mood , distracted , or both

As I’ve said - spoke sensibly , but in an unusual way if you listen to his normal manner

2 hours ago, lenred said:

Yeah that’s a fair point. But why do the club say it in the first place then? We were all over the media when we were doing well last season and then it went to pot. We’re not even in the playoff positions yet and it seems to be creeping back in SLs comments last week and now LJ on Talksport.  Just think we’d be better served doing our own thing. Not a big deal though in the grand scheme of things though tbf. 

We were all over the media last season because we were smack bang in the promotion places, had just beaten Man United, plus 3 other Premiership teams, were in the semi finals of a major cup competition and game Man City a run for their money, Twice..! 

We aren’t going to get as much interest and coverage this season, obviously..! 

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In Lees defence - it was TS doing a piece on the New Huddersfield boss coming from 4th tier of German football and what chance for young English coaches 

The little time they got to speak to him was a general chat about this season , hopes for Jan window and he spoke sensibly on all ,

nothing to see here

Bob, you had me at  'defence'.

Lee Johstone's Bristol is on the radar.

Just in case anyone is missing the context to this "going under the radar" thing - it's not speculation, it was apparently true per Mark Clemmit below last week.

1860931489_Screenshot2019-01-22at13_49_48.png.5f16bbff97ba3722a972a261a05b4ae6.png

I get it - yes there was a reason we were more in the public eye last season, but I am also sure we had the choice whether we did every interview and feature, and what we said in it. Perhaps we're just toning it down a bit when asked - maybe not an issue for quick radio interviews, but for large newspaper and TV features about our progress and self-belief. 

I'm pretty sure Birmingham, Derby, Stoke and Forest all expected fairly routine home results from our last 4 away trips - certainly their fans did. That's likely a product of how little talked up we've been. Yes being higher up last season would've registered regardless, but not laying it on thick in the media may at least make others a touch more complacent.

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hope LJ asked Alan why he feels it is acceptable to try to bully and humiliate a female newsreader live on air. No, I'm for keeping it quiet about our form and excellent run. No interviews nationally please. 

I think Alan's great for:

1. Talking about football; particularly, the best in football. And horses. 

2. Talking about the wealthy, the successful, the high profile/middle-of-the-road successful. 

3. Talking about having a great time, drinking champagne, having a few beers, living it up.

4. Remembering that he played against us in the top division.

5. Old school, borderline bullying, matey/bloke dressing room banter (often involving some of the above).

Anything beyond this, Alan struggles, and would much prefer to get swiftly back to any of the above.

30 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think Alan's great for:

1. Talking about football; particularly, the best in football. And horses. 

2. Talking about the wealthy, the successful, the high profile/middle-of-the-road successful. 

3. Talking about having a great time, drinking champagne, having a few beers, living it up.

4. Remembering that he played against us in the top division.

5. Old school, borderline bullying, matey/bloke dressing room banter (often involving some of the above).

Anything beyond this, Alan struggles, and would much prefer to get swiftly back to any of the above.

Add his knowledge of the foreign game too- same goes for a group of pundits.

Take Bielsa for example. While he hasn't managed the biggest clubs, fact a pro journalist by his own admission hadn't heard of someone before he joined Leeds who had a great influence over a number of managers? Says a certain amount.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Add his knowledge of the foreign game too- same goes for a group of pundits.

Take Bielsa for example. While he hasn't managed the biggest clubs, fact a pro journalist by his own admission hadn't heard of someone who had a great influence over a number of greats? Says a certain amount.

I think you're being too generous there. The guy managed Marseille, Lille, Lazio, Bilbao, and Argentina. To be a journalist who hasn't heard of him is mind blowing.

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Surely the radio contacts Lee, NOT the other way round ?

Not necessarily - I’ve worked in and with the media for decades...most of the interviews our directors and managers undertook were as a result of us proactively contacting media outlets and suggesting why they should interview our people...

5 hours ago, lenred said:

As they say ‘this’. Why can’t he just keep his head down and keep under the radar. Same as last year when we were doing well. Inconspicuous when it’s not going quite so well. Not meaning to attack the bloke but you’d just wish that lessons be learned from previous experiences.  

Agreed but unfortunately his boss has decided against keeping a low profile too over the past week or so ! 

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Takes one to know one ?

I'll take that seeing as I was quite belligerent in my tone (and rude to RR)

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

What are your recommended radio alternatives BTW? And don't say one of those dreadful local commercial stations. 

Well, we're not blessed with many good options. I listed to 5live over TS but the BBC coverage can grate too. 

I've started listening to Podcasts more. The Totally Football Show with James Richardson is brilliant and they do an EFL one too. Even our own forum Pod is better than anything on local radio. Pods are the way forward because the content is more specific to what you want. 

2 hours ago, downendcity said:
3 hours ago,  mozo said: 

Morons talking drivel about football! You get better insight drivel  on this forum!

You also get better Morons talking better drivel on this forum! 

Archived