IGNORED

LJ On Talksport in few mins

BobBobSuperBob

17 minutes ago, Roe said:

What happened to keeping a low profile?

As they say ‘this’. Why can’t he just keep his head down and keep under the radar. Same as last year when we were doing well. Inconspicuous when it’s not going quite so well. Not meaning to attack the bloke but you’d just wish that lessons be learned from previous experiences.  

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

As they say ‘this’. Why can’t he just keep his head down and keep under the radar. Same as last year when we were doing well. Inconspicuous when it’s not going quite so well. Not meaning to attack the bloke but you’d just wish that lessons be learned from previous experiences.  

This keeping a low profile thing...

Doesn't wash with me. The transfer window is open, so surely we want to be as high profile as possible, and it isn't as if other people don't look at results and league tables.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

This keeping a low profile thing...

Doesn't wash with me. The transfer window is open, so surely we want to be as high profile as possible, and it isn't as if other people don't look at results and league tables.

Yeah that’s a fair point. But why do the club say it in the first place then? We were all over the media when we were doing well last season and then it went to pot. We’re not even in the playoff positions yet and it seems to be creeping back in SLs comments last week and now LJ on Talksport.  Just think we’d be better served doing our own thing. Not a big deal though in the grand scheme of things though tbf. 

We must be under the radar, as according to Leeds fans on Twitter last week after SL’s comments, they were saying things such as “who the **** are Bristol City”. 

Clearly the fans of a team only a few points above us who’ve been in the same league for 4 years have no idea who we are - that’s a very low radar we must be operating. 

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

We must be under the radar, as according to Leeds fans on Twitter last week after SL’s comments, they were saying things such as “who the **** are Bristol City”. 

Clearly the fans of a team only a few points above us who’ve been in the same league for 4 years have no idea who we are - that’s a very low radar we must be operating. 

Or perhaps the average white is not known for his intellect.

In Lees defence - it was TS doing a piece on the New Huddersfield boss coming from 4th tier of German football and what chance for young English coaches 

The little time they got to speak to him was a general chat about this season , hopes for Jan window and he spoke sensibly on all ,

nothing to see here

28 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

So when we aren’t in the media it is “BBC bias” and “Villa (eg) Love In”, when we ARE in the media it’s “Stay under the Radar FFS”. Have I got that right?

The point being that it was the club who has stated that was the plan, that was all. Haven’t seen anyone saying ‘FFS’ or getting irate about it either tbh. 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

So what was said?

The most notable things were

He was pleased with our shapebin and out of posession

Would like a proven (Within our means) forward in Jan to supplement Squad 

Doesnt havev to be a target man but somebody who can (Can’t remember his exact words) lead up top (Suggesting, Which I approve of that we are looking at , say mobile forwards who can lead the line in a different way)

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Hardly anything seemed to be a problem with the line then they didn't get him back on.

Just occurred to me whether on top of everything ,  Cardiff’s awful news might have an impact on any irons we had in the fire :whistle:

The word that stuck with me was PROVEN (At this level)

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The word that stuck with me was PROVEN 

What exactly does LJ mean by "proven" do you think? How many seasons at this level (or similar) are we looking for? what kind of goal-scoring record do they need?

Is one season of Championship football at a 1 in 3 ratio "proven"? Does the player need 3 seasons at 1 in 2? I guess the answer may be different for fans and coaches.

For me I'd say proven means at least two seasons in the Championship, Ligue 2, Bundesliga 2 or higher with something like 1 goal every 200 minutes played. Just as a very raw guide.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

What exactly does LJ mean by "proven" do you think? How many seasons at this level (or similar) are we looking for? what kind of goal-scoring record do they need?

Is one season of Championship football at a 1 in 3 ratio "proven"? Does the player need 3 seasons at 1 in 2? I guess the answer may be different for fans and coaches.

For me I'd say proven means at least two seasons in the Championship, Ligue 2, Bundesliga 2 or higher with something like 1 goal every 200 minutes played. Just as a very raw guide.

Only a guess Exiled

But someone who has proved they can score at this level (At whatever ratio) But I think ....

More so somebody who can perform that platform role in whatever way , the rare target man or a mobile striker who can work the channels

Archived