IGNORED

Films Out Now

Markman

My dear old ma Mother Markman wants to see a film - The Favourite or Queen Anne she fancies - I can sit through either I guess but she does not like swearing and bad language and I think one of these may have a lot of said language - anyone seen them and can advise?

Cheers

I took her to see Stan and Ollie last week - that was BRILLIANT

Isn't The Favourite about Queen Anne?

I think Mary Queen of Scots is the other historical film out at the moment. 

According to the BBFC, The Favourite has "very strong language, strong sex".  Mary Queen of Scots has "strong violence, sex, sexual violence".

It looks like either way you are getting sex on screen.

15 hours ago, Markman said:

My dear old ma Mother Markman wants to see a film - The Favourite or Queen Anne she fancies - I can sit through either I guess but she does not like swearing and bad language and I think one of these may have a lot of said language - anyone seen them and can advise?

Cheers

I took her to see Stan and Ollie last week - that was BRILLIANT

My wife and daughter went to see The Favourite last week - big thumbs down.

Would your Mum want to see Mary Poppins?

Saw it at the weekend - didn't think it would be my thing but it was a joy to watch.

Saw the Favourite last week.

A lot of swearing, a lot of scenes of a sexual nature, and overall just a bloody weird film to be honest. Left not knowing if I enjoyed it, or if it was a waste of 2 hours. It is based on Queen Anne. 

Or do you mean the Mary Queen of Scots film? That looks good, dark but good. 

Mary Poppins was superb, highly recommend. Very much like the original, and can be enjoyed by everyone. 

Hoping to see Stan & Ollie this weekend. 

Archived