IGNORED

Blackburn Away (Merged)

BCFC_Josh

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Bastards. Do they often call them off at the last minute or do Northern have a reputation for actually following through with a strike?

Northern rail have been on strike every Saturday since November and are on strike every Saturday for the next five weeks (at least)

11 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

It amazes me, all these strikes. 

Cant you simply sack the people who refuse to work and replace them with people who WANT to work?

Genuine question. No politics inferred. I assume you can’t - or companies would do it. 

?What a wonderful race to the bottom that would create

On 26/01/2019 at 13:32, bcfcredandwhite said:

Cant you simply sack the people who refuse to work and replace them with people who WANT to work?

Genuine question. No politics inferred. I assume you can’t - or companies would do it. 

For the love of God !!!!!

There speaks a Unionist.   Did you really think this through before you posted?  ...................I truly am incredulous.

On 26/01/2019 at 14:32, bcfcredandwhite said:

OK, so, as somebody who hasn't used 'British Rail' for many years now - I enjoy the 'wonderful' French SNCF service - perhaps one of the many rail workers on this forum could explain, briefly and in simple, layman terms, what this Northern Rail strike is all about.

My (simplistic) understanding is that, on driver-only trains, NR want to shift responsibility for closing train doors to the drivers, presumably dispensing with the need for guards/conductors: this system seems to work on the underground so, aside from (presumably) the consequent redundancy of guards/conductors, is there also an associated security risk?   

Idiot.

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

OK, so, as somebody who hasn't used 'British Rail' for many years now - I enjoy the 'wonderful' French SNCF service - perhaps one of the many rail workers on this forum could explain, briefly and in simple, layman terms, what this Northern Rail strike is all about.

My (simplistic) understanding is that, on driver-only trains, NR want to shift responsibility for closing train doors to the drivers, presumably dispensing with the need for guards/conductors: this system seems to work on the underground so, aside from (presumably) the consequent redundancy of guards/conductors, is there also an associated security risk?   

Thanks for explaining Philinfrance

Archived