IGNORED

Bristol Sport Ticketing Shambles

BTRFTG

Am I the only one to have had nothing but problems since the introduction of the Bristol Sport website and the introduction of linked accounts? I can log in to the Bristol Sport or old BCFC sites but try and buy a ticket online, cat in hell's chance. Ticket pages log me out and simply refuse to let me sign in or link supporter ID.  If I buy away tickets by phone they tell me the problems sorted, save it never is. I'm reaching the end of my tether, so if anybody from the club reads the forum - sort it out.

23 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Am I the only one to have had nothing but problems since the introduction of the Bristol Sport website and the introduction of linked accounts? I can log in to the Bristol Sport or old BCFC sites but try and buy a ticket online, cat in hell's chance. Ticket pages log me out and simply refuse to let me sign in or link supporter ID.  If I buy away tickets by phone they tell me the problems sorted, save it never is. I'm reaching the end of my tether, so if anybody from the club reads the forum - sort it out.

Its worth trying a different operating system or browser. There have been several comments on here recently about IOS not printing 'print at home' tickets. I also had a problem linking accounts recently and - on the advice of supporter services - I switched from using Edge to IE, and it worked perfectly.

other than that I've had no problems buying cup or away tickets. 

42 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Me too. I gave up. 

Kept telling me it wasabout to alter my supporter ID so bottled it!?

39 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I've also had problems, can't buy a ticket for Friday. Invalid email address apparently. Only had it for about 15 years.

21 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Its worth trying a different operating system or browser. There have been several comments on here recently about IOS not printing 'print at home' tickets. I also had a problem linking accounts recently and - on the advice of supporter services - I switched from using Edge to IE, and it worked perfectly.

other than that I've had no problems buying cup or away tickets. 

This is the only issue I have encountered but the rest of the process is fairly straightforward tbh

Total shambles for me & I’m knowledgeable  enough to get a job in IT. It seems quite hit & miss from person to person, I use Chrome & have done everything possible to fix the problem but it’s unfixable, 100% a problem on their end. 

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Once I linked my accounts not been any real problems 

Hate to say it but a call to supporter services will resolve it 

They've resolved at least 3 times but same problems return. They tell me it's because my account already appears to be linked elsewhere? Issue is I'm logged on all areas save ticketing. Perhaps they don't want my custom.

49 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

They've resolved at least 3 times but same problems return. They tell me it's because my account already appears to be linked elsewhere? Issue is I'm logged on all areas save ticketing. Perhaps they don't want my custom.

Perhaps you should change clubs; the Gas are in desperate need of new paying supporters and are offering a free ST to tempt you!

Never had a problem.

I've got three other accounts (family) linked with mine. I've bought season tickets, home friendly tickets, home and away cup tickets, (some for collection, some for print at home) and even rugby tickets, all with no problem.

I find it suprising that some people have so many problems!

:dunno:

1 hour ago, Desso said:

I've also had problems, can't buy a ticket for Friday. Invalid email address apparently. Only had it for about 15 years.

You will need to re-register, this happened to me earlier in the season. Took about 30 seconds and since then there have been no problems.

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Total shambles for me & I’m knowledgeable  enough to get a job in IT. It seems quite hit & miss from person to person, I use Chrome & have done everything possible to fix the problem but it’s unfixable, 100% a problem on their end. 

I use Chrome and have had no issues at all....

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I use Chrome and have had no issues at all....

It seems quite hit & miss from person to person. I also use a Mac but run Windows on it too & still have the same problems.

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

The most simplified easy to use system. Can literally open up the internet and buy a ticket within 1 minute 30 seconds. 

Unlike OTIB ?

1 minute ago, Unan said:

It seems quite hit & miss from person to person. I also use a Mac but run Windows on it too & still have the same problems.

I wouldn't say its hit and miss as they sell thousands of tickets per game.

It seems to me that the problem isn't at the clubs end.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I wouldn't say its hit and miss as they sell thousands of tickets per game.

It seems to me that the problem isn't at the clubs end.

It is. I partitioned my computer literally last week to run Windows too & have tried it since. Essentially a brand new untouched computer & there are still problems. 

Its categorically not human error either as I’m relatively knowledgable in JavaScript, C+ & some basic C++ coding. I’d be surprised if a software developer couldn’t operate something that 60 year old tech newbs can.

Its something with their backend, wether a recurring problem or an account issue that’s occurred when their site had a bug & it hasn’t been solved on account level.

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

It is. I partitioned my computer literally last week to run Windows too & have tried it since. Essentially a brand new untouched computer & there are still problems. 

Its categorically not human error either as I’m relatively knowledgable in JavaScript, C+ & some basic C++ coding. I’d be surprised if a software developer couldn’t operate something that 60 year old tech newbs can.

‘Hit and miss, person to person’ yet there’s only two people in this thread that can’t use it. Personal problem imo. 

Archived