IGNORED

Bristol Sport Ticketing Shambles

BTRFTG

I know it's definitely system end and to do with the way their accounts have been set up and migrated.  They've already confused the accounts I used for I and my lad's STs as well as a number of other STs I used to coordinate.

It's not browser related either. It's only on their ticket pages that I'm logged out, their redirection takes me from logged in to logged out. It tells me my user ID ( yes printed on my ST) is not recognised even if I try to reregister. Only option I could try, but don't want to, is accept registering as a new user creating a new ID but option says only if you've never purchased before - I've a history going back decades.

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I know it's definitely system end and to do with the way their accounts have been set up and migrated.  They've already confused the accounts I used for I and my lad's STs as well as a number of other STs I used to coordinate.

It's not browser related either. It's only on their ticket pages that I'm logged out, their redirection takes me from logged in to logged out. It tells me my user ID ( yes printed on my ST) is not recognised even if I try to reregister. Only option I could try, but don't want to, is accept registering as a new user creating a new ID but option says only if you've never purchased before - I've a history going back decades.

Essentially exactly the same 

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

Email Jake at Supporter Services, 

jake.mcgrath@bristol-sport.co.uk

Give him all your Supporter id and email addresses.  It’s possible that if you set up the app before single sign-On was in place, it’s messed things up.

He will advise best way to sort out.  You may need to unlink your Account and Re-Link Supporter id to email.  I had a right faff, because I had Supporter id for basketball for me and kids.  Jake sorted it.

42 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Perhaps you should change clubs; the Gas are in desperate need of new paying supporters and are offering a free ST to tempt you!

The only time if have a desire to see that mob would be to see them relegated 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Email Jake at Supporter Services, 

jake.mcgrath@bristol-sport.co.uk

Give him all your Supporter id and email addresses.  It’s possible that if you set up the app before single sign-On was in place, it’s messed things up.

Thanks, I think it was Jake I spoke to the other week. The app was deleted before I ever accepted the T's and C's, insecure waste of space. Of course I had my BCFC account as that preceded the Bristol Sport useless site and never had an issue using that. I'm in an endless cycle of both old and new sites recongising me, but not recognising me via their ticket portal and not allowing that portal to link my existing ID as they've linked it to something else but God knows what.

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Thanks, I think it was Jake I spoke to the other week. The app was deleted before I ever accepted the T's and C's, insecure waste of space. Of course I had my BCFC account as that preceded the Bristol Sport useless site and never had an issue using that. I'm in an endless cycle of both old and new sites recongising me, but not recognising me via their ticket portal and not allowing that portal to link my existing ID as they've linked it to something else but God knows what.

Might still be worth the email with a list, just so he can check out each one is set up correctly.  I wanted it to check my daughter’s reward (free basketball vest) was on her account.

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Am I the only one to have had nothing but problems since the introduction of the Bristol Sport website and the introduction of linked accounts? I can log in to the Bristol Sport or old BCFC sites but try and buy a ticket online, cat in hell's chance. Ticket pages log me out and simply refuse to let me sign in or link supporter ID.  If I buy away tickets by phone they tell me the problems sorted, save it never is. I'm reaching the end of my tether, so if anybody from the club reads the forum - sort it out.

Never had a problem with chrome but did have to create a new BCFC account to link my old Bristol Sport login. Assume you have gone through the process of creating a new login through the main BCFC site (unless you had a City app login or BCTV login before)? Once you have completed that you then link your supporter ID

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-launch-single-sign-on-to-make-life-easier-for-fans-online-1/

4 minutes ago, hantsred said:

Never had a problem with chrome but did have to create a new BCFC account to link my old Bristol Sport login. Assume you have gone through the process of creating a new login through the main BCFC site (unless you had a City app login or BCTV login before)? Once you have completed that you then link your supporter ID

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-launch-single-sign-on-to-make-life-easier-for-fans-online-1/

Thanks but that's not the issue. I do not have a problem logging in to either site, just the ticketing portal via each that signs me out, won't sign me in or link my ID.

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Am I the only one to have had nothing but problems since the introduction of the Bristol Sport website and the introduction of linked accounts? I can log in to the Bristol Sport or old BCFC sites but try and buy a ticket online, cat in hell's chance. Ticket pages log me out and simply refuse to let me sign in or link supporter ID.  If I buy away tickets by phone they tell me the problems sorted, save it never is. I'm reaching the end of my tether, so if anybody from the club reads the forum - sort it out.

I think so! I find it pretty easy and when I have had a problem I call the office and they sort it

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

9213C0F3-8BEF-4676-AAED-EBCC0E683224.thumb.jpeg.0ea83dc0a5442a95abb181460026ff71.jpeg

‘have you looked here at all?

Thanks for all your help but suggest the mods close this thread at risk of it becoming boring. On the phone I'm told my account is linked, online it asks me to link an account ( so nothing to unlink) but won't recognise my supporter ID even though it's on all ticket orders from the club ( as well as my ST.)

Simple fact is they're using software that hasn't been fully tested and with staffs who appear not to be able to rectify matters.

I can’t login anymore, have just given up and phone supporter services each time I need a ticket.

My accounts are linked for I was getting sent my father in laws season ticket but just won’t recognise me when I login says I’ve no account. 

Was told it’s to do with the new all in one account the club have.

16 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Had proper issues mate. No idea why some clever IT **** thought it a good idea to be honest but I couldn't buy online the last two times.

Update: following a very convoluted series of phone transactions for tickets I'd like to thank Matt Denman for getting back to me.

Long and short of it was he interrogated my accounts, concluded all should have been in working order, I'd set and registered them correctly and he'd no idea why the ticketing component wasn't working. I left it with him to do some tinkering his end and he eventually unlinked accounts ( that showed as never having been linked my end) and reset all IDs and passwords. Good news after one or two oddities things appear to be working minus one very minor glitch that reports an error but isn't critical.

So thanks Matt.

Hopefully things stay that way.

• Admin

I have a different issue. Load to card wasn't an option for tonight's game so I chose Mobile Tickets. Unfortunately they want us to use Passpocket to import the tickets into and when I do that, the QR code to gain entry gets replaced by a 404 code. Investigating further, 80% of the reviews for Passpocket are 1* stating it doesn't work so I'm now stuck on hold to supporter services so I can find an alternative method of gaining entry tonight.

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I have a different issue. Load to card wasn't an option for tonight's game so I chose Mobile Tickets. Unfortunately they want us to use Passpocket to import the tickets into and when I do that, the QR code to gain entry gets replaced by a 404 code. Investigating further, 80% of the reviews for Passpocket are 1* stating it doesn't work so I'm now stuck on hold to supporter services so I can find an alternative method of gaining entry tonight.

Jesus h.....berol wouldn't have stood for this 

• Admin

Having spoken to Supporter Services they told me they took away load to card option as they didn't want season card holders turning up thinking they could just gain entry without buying a ticket. Instead they have promoted an app to gain entry where the last 100+ reviews simply state it doesn't work. Admire their logic. ?

Entry will work with an alternative fit-for-purpose app however.

I have been in contact with Matt from Supporters Services, as I thought that there is a problem when using Internet Explorer (IE 11 on Win 10 PC).  When I sign-in it lets me in then loses my name from the top of the screen when I try and buy a ticket and it won't let me sign-in again.

Matt has confirmed that there is a bug in the Ticketing App for those using it via Internet Explorer and they have passed the problem back to the app suppliers. 

On my PC I also have the Edge browser and the Ticketing app seems to work OK and I bought a ticket this morning for QPR (only £15 for members in Dolman!).

It may be that other browsers have the same bug as there are many variants of PC and phone operating system / browser.

Archived