IGNORED

Hartlepool away

Steve Watts

33 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Funniest thread on any football forum I've ever seen. Close second though was that Millwall one from the guy trying to work out why he couldn't get his seat for a cup game. That one has to be 10 years ago - anyone know where you can read that?!

Was that the one where his seat was coming up as sold and he couldnt grasp that it was him, as it was being held for him. ?

John usually gives an out of breath phone in on Radio Bristol as he’s running for the train. If he’d been allowed to do his there and back again flights, he could have phoned in running for the return flight. This would have been unique and he could have explained his reasoning 

6 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

15 years ago! Unbelievable. Still must be the funniest thread in the history of the forum!

Thank god we don’t have away trips to Hartlepool any more though.

That play off game was the highlight of Hartlepool's entire League existence. You're glad we don't go there (or Darlington) any more, but we still travel to Middlesbrough and in other seasons, Sunderland and Newcastle.

13 minutes ago, 22A said:

That play off game was the highlight of Hartlepool's entire League existence. You're glad we don't go there (or Darlington) any more, but we still travel to Middlesbrough and in other seasons, Sunderland and Newcastle.

And Christian Roberts goal in the second leg is somewhere near the highlight of my existence!!!

14 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Just mentioned the classic to friend who hadn't seen it.  And then realised that there are probably lots on here that also haven't seen it.   So I present to you NTTDS's finest moment from the Hartlepool play-off fixture in 2004.  Just had tears rolling down my face again at reading it!

Great memories but it wasn't a play-off. Saturday afternoon and seem to recall we won relatively late on courtesy of a Tinnion screamer.

That and the Dags on offer in Cameron's Taproom, heads on the beer two inches above the top of the sleeve 

Archived