IGNORED

1st Visit to Ashton Gate on Friday - good boozers?

nuttersuclan

4 hours ago, nuttersuclan said:

Hey all - visiting fan in peace here!

I'm attending the match on Friday (neither a BCFC or BWFC fan, but as a Burnley supporter I hope you smash them!) and was wondering if there are any good local pubs for before and after your inevitable victory?

Real ale and a traditional pub decor would be perfect!

Thanks in advance :)

Tbh there are a good number of decent boozers within easy waking distance of AG.

If you arrive early enough there are plenty of pubs around the docks including the Orchard which is a great cider boozer that also does real ale.

if you’re in Briz then you have to sample the local ciders - but be careful some of the ciders are real headbangers........:laughcont:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Tbh there are a good number of decent boozers within easy waking distance of AG.

If you arrive early enough there are plenty of pubs around the docks including the Orchard which is a great cider boozer that also does real ale.

if you’re in Briz then you have to sample the local ciders - but be careful some of the ciders are real headbangers........:laughcont:

Christ almighty, got absolutely spannered on a beautiful drop called Janet's Jungle Juice when I was down the Orchard. Reckon on it being the best cider I've ever had - should have stopped at ten I think though :D 

The OP simply should not be allowed into Bristol if he doesn't get onto the apples! 

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

A Burnley, Rovers and Luton fan

surely this sounds like the start of a joke - we just need to finish it off.......

A Burnley Fan, Luton Fan and Gas Fan visited Ashton Gate one Friday night.............(over to you - keep it clean)!

4 hours ago, nuttersuclan said:

I'm attending the match on Friday (neither a BCFC or BWFC fan, but as a Burnley supporter I hope you smash them!) and was wondering if there are any good local pubs for before and after your inevitable victory?

Little Grosvenor..No3,Coronation Road...

Very rustic...

25 minutes ago, Markman said:

surely this sounds like the start of a joke - we just need to finish it off.......

A Burnley Fan, Luton Fan and Gas Fan visited Ashton Gate one Friday night.............(over to you - keep it clean)!

...the Burnley and the Luton fan turned to the Saghead and asked "why are we in this tunnel mate?....and where's the Blackburn fan who was here just now?"

5 hours ago, nuttersuclan said:

Which way are you coming from? Might be easier to give recommendations for your route. 

Or just spend an hour or two on the mad apple in the Orchard and forget all your worries, and the game , and your friends ?

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Burnley have a song about them...No, Nay, Never.

We have a few other choice ones, too!

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Which way are you coming from? Might be easier to give recommendations for your route. 

Or just spend an hour or two on the mad apple in the Orchard and forget all your worries, and the game , and your friends ?

We're staying at the nearest Travelodge, so walking from there I suspect. Thanks for the offer! :)

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, but I won't be hitting the cider! I respect your local brew, but it doesn't agree with me!

Also, stop using the B word! :D

10 hours ago, poland_exile said:

The Orchard on nearby Spike Island - best cider selection in the city IMO, but also a few traditional ales and more modern craft beers. It's prob 10 mins walk by my reckoning from the ground - was there for our previous Bolton match a cpl of weeks ago and there were a smattering of Bolton fans there with no trouble at all. Mix of all ages and people, great atmosphere and a proper traditional pub persons pub! 

Not far away, Cottage Inn is ok as is the Nova Scotia as mentioned above. Personally mind, i'd say you're a mug for considering anything other than the Orchard! 

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

7 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Christ almighty, got absolutely spannered on a beautiful drop called Janet's Jungle Juice when I was down the Orchard. Reckon on it being the best cider I've ever had - should have stopped at ten I think though :D 

The OP simply should not be allowed into Bristol if he doesn't get onto the apples! 

Yeah I’m going to have agree with the above posts! Get yourself down to the orchard. I get the train and I walk to the orchard and you’ll get a variety of cider options, a great pub and a friendly atmosphere. 

I’m off to the Swansea game with two people who have never been to Bristol and the two things on our list is football at the gate and pints in the orchard.

7 hours ago, nuttersuclan said:

We have a few other choice ones, too!

We're staying at the nearest Travelodge, so walking from there I suspect. Thanks for the offer! :)

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, but I won't be hitting the cider! I respect your local brew, but it doesn't agree with me!

Also, stop using the B word! :D

Aside from the excellent pub recommendations.......you MUST stop off at the Clarks Pies van (on Ashton Rd between ground & park).....originating from East Lancs you'll no doubt appreciate a decent pie (Holland's meat & potato being a fav of mine from your region).

Clarks Pies are a Bristol legend and an essential stop off between pub and ground. £1.90 versus some inferior offering inside the stadium at £3.90 so don't miss out!

27 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

If you don’t mind a bit of a walk, one of my favourite pubs is the Ostrich, just around the corner from Bedminster Bridge where the old General Hospital used to be. 

Nice beers - and a cave at the back with a skeleton in it! (Probably still waiting for his food!!!)

Or writing his latest Bristol Post column.

22 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Had a few good laughs on that Janet’s myself. Never trust your farts tho!!! 

My initial thought when I read the thread title was “yes.......we are” ? 

On 24/01/2019 at 08:20, nuttersuclan said:

How did you get on? Did you find a decent boozer?

Archived