IGNORED

what a team ...

swampy

31 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

My first game in 66/67 season, most of these would have been playing, Terry Bush scored the first goal I saw, just loved going to the gate, been addicted ever since.

Probably all of them apart from Bobby Kellard, John Galley and Ken Wimshurst (and possibly Trevor Jacobs).

Where were Tony Ford and Gordon Low if this was, indeed, in 1968?

What a shame your first season was one too late to see the great John Atyeo.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I got them all, apart from Bobby Kellard - I seem to remember him as a lot stockier with longer, even curly hair, or was that, perhaps, Johnny Quigley?

Quite surprising I failed to recognise him, as he was always one of my favourite players.

I remember one match when he had been pulled up for a foul in the corner between the Dolman and what was then the Open End. He trotted off, ostensibly to retrieve the ball for his opponent, only to trot back, without the ball, and present said opponent with a few blades of grass. 

Quigley was hard as nails yet slight in build compared with Kellard.

Both were the type that we are missing from this current team although I see a lot of them in Brownhill.

Them were the days me babber. Tough and hard but only very rarely did we see any nastiness in the way we do now. Although the clogged always seemed to reply to the clogger a bit later in the match. Revenge is always a dish best served cold.

Could it be Lutons ground?  They have or had that step system similar to the photo. Remember stood there many years ago leaning over the wall and spilled my hot drink by accident all over a copper below.

The git tried to get me all afternoon, never did though I was way too cunning.

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Quigley was hard as nails yet slight in build compared with Kellard.

Both were the type that we are missing from this current team although I see a lot of them in Brownhill.

Them were the days me babber. Tough and hard but only very rarely did we see any nastiness in the way we do now. Although the clogged always seemed to reply to the clogger a bit later in the match. Revenge is always a dish best served cold.

He certainly was, both on and off the pitch.

I played both in the same team as him and against him (he was in his 40s at the time), and I can assure you he was a nasty player: hard, extremely fit, but nasty, both on and off the pitch, especially 'in drink'.   

32 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

Could it be Lutons ground?  They have or had that step system similar to the photo. Remember stood there many years ago leaning over the wall and spilled my hot drink by accident all over a copper below.

The git tried to get me all afternoon, never did though I was way too cunning.

I think we have decided it's PNE, Deepdale.

On 25/01/2019 at 06:16, Major Isewater said:

Tattoos were for servicemen and criminals at the time, not an obligation for sheep. 

On my latest passport application under ‘ distinguishing features ‘ I wrote ‘ no tattoos ‘.

Tattoos have been around for thousands of years and absolutely nothing to with sheep! 

Why does one decorate the rooms in ones house? 

Archived