IGNORED

Steve Lansdown coming on TalkSport with Jim White -

BobBobSuperBob

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Wish he would just leave it.

They’re not breaking any rules, so let’s just concentrate on bringing another striker in to boost our play off chances.

Completely agree. The whole situation is embarrassing for Leeds but for Lansdown to get involved is equally humiliating for City. Having said that, I'm not sure if that is what he has come on TalkSport to discuss. 

Can't remember which pundit/presenter said it but if a member of staff from your next opposition turned up at your training ground that week an asked to come in and watch you train, the answer is obviously no, of course not. It's clearly not acceptable behaviour in this country to spy on your opponent.

No rules broken though so they won't be getting a points reduction that's for sure. Not to say the FA couldn't create a rule about this though.

Spygate has happened, it's been debated way too much. They shouldn't have done it due to "morals" but they have and it has been and gone. They have done nothing illegal so why can't it just be left alone? Let the EFL do whatever they see fit (probably nothing but a warning) and job done. The nonsense about points deduction is ridiculous imo.

Ps - I haven't listened to SL so unsure if or what was mentioned today, but I just find it total cringeworthy.

All the money in the world but can’t keep his mouth shut. Every time he opens his mouth it brings unwanted attention and expectation to the club. Why oh why can’t we let the football do the talking. 

I know he spoke well and was informative but someone said at the time Mark Ashton was on the radio oh herecomes MA while we are 7-8 unbeaten. It never fails. Never hear a word when we are scraping by or struggling. A few wins and we have one of the most vocal boardrooms in the world. Just stop PLEASE

If this was Wally of the Rovers we’d be royally taking the piss. It was embarassing last week and it’s now even more embarassing to keep going on about it. Just drop it Steve, keep us as s club under the radar as you have said would be our best approach moving forwards, and let the league and the club and personnel involved deal with it as they see fit. 

This Spygate thing has been done to death now. You can question the 'morals' - not that there are many of those left in the game.

But at our level most clubs have teams of analysts who not only go to games (plural) to watch opposition sides prior to actually playing them but also the video analysis is poured over by coaches and players.

Turning up at a training ground and 'spying' is not likely to shed much more light on what is going to happen when you play them the following Saturday! 

11 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

This Spygate thing has been done to death now. You can question the 'morals' - not that there are many of those left in the game.

But at our level most clubs have teams of analysts who not only go to games (plural) to watch opposition sides prior to actually playing them but also the video analysis is poured over by coaches and players.

Turning up at a training ground and 'spying' is not likely to shed much more light on what is going to happen when you play them the following Saturday! 

It is useful if you spy them practicing their starting eleven which typically is done on the day or do preceding the match ?

49 minutes ago, lenred said:

If this was Wally of the Rovers we’d be royally taking the piss. It was embarassing last week and it’s now even more embarassing to keep going on about it. Just drop it Steve, keep us as s club under the radar as you have said would be our best approach moving forwards, and let the league and the club and personnel involved deal with it as they see fit. 

I wonder if Steve is going to make a statement regarding Brexit, while he’s on there..?! 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is useful if you spy them practicing their starting eleven which typically is done on the day or do preceding the match ?

Dave,

I'm involved with football coaching. As part of one of my courses we were encouraged to watch a High standard of coaching delivery.

I watch a Conference level team training before a big game. After speaking with the coach he told me that if I was to stay at the training ground Charlton Athletic would be be arriving shortly and I could also watch them.

This was great for me but all I saw was a phase of play and set piece drills for the next.60 minutes.That I saw Charlton Athletic play at the Ashton Gate and when they set up for the set piece that they had practiced I knew what was going to happen. The interesting point is that they did not score that game.

So that would the spying coach learn? What the set piece drills were and what they were working on for phases of play. Would this help yes of course it would but as you saw with the Leeds manager he had all of the video analysis so by using this he had reduced the chance of his team being could out by any new set piece not used by that team before in any video.

5 minutes ago, redsapper said:

Dave,

I'm involved with football coaching. As part of one of my courses we were encouraged to watch a High standard of coaching delivery.

I watch a Conference level team training before a big game. After speaking with the coach he told me that if I was to stay at the training ground Charlton Athletic would be be arriving shortly and I could also watch them.

This was great for me but all I saw was a phase of play and set piece drills for the next.60 minutes.That I saw Charlton Athletic play at the Ashton Gate and when they set up for the set piece that they had practiced I knew what was going to happen. The interesting point is that they did not score that game.

So that would the spying coach learn? What the set piece drills were and what they were working on for phases of play. Would this help yes of course it would but as you saw with the Leeds manager he had all of the video analysis so by using this he had reduced the chance of his team being could out by any new set piece not used by that team before in any video.

Thanks.  Imagine you went to Bolton this week and saw them practicing passage of play with Magennis and Donaldson together up front.

You could come back, look at the last 51 games that Bolton played when those two played together, and decide whether to adjust your tactics accordingly.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks.  Imagine you went to Bolton this week and saw them practicing passage of play with Magennis and Donaldson together up front.

You could come back, look at the last 51 games that Bolton played when those two played together, and decide whether to adjust your tactics accordingly.

So has Leeds gained an advantage?

You but they have or why do it. 

Archived