IGNORED

Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers FA Cup Match Day

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He holds onto the ball too long and his distribution is woeful.

I agree 100% with that. I've not much issue with his accuracy of distribution. It's the fact he used to just hang onto the ball for 5 minutes whilst the opposition got sorted...then just rolled it out to Flint.

Pretty good all round team performance, Eliasson was a danger throughout and made one scored one, Wright never put a foot wrong for me, Morrell played his part, Palmer is just a breath of fresh air,  Diedhiou well you cannot fault his commitment, but he lacks quality and composure, surprised Eisa wasn't given a run out on the hour.

What impressed me was we stood up to a physical Bolton side, when minds could have been looking at the league campaign.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Pretty good all round team performance, Eliasson was a danger throughout and made one scored one, Wright never put a foot wrong for me, Morrell played his part, Palmer is just a breath of fresh air,  Diedhiou well you cannot fault his commitment, but he lacks quality and composure, surprised Eisa wasn't given a run out on the hour.

What impressed me was we stood up to a physical Bolton side, when minds could have been looking at the league campaign.

Couldn't agree more... twice in the 2nd half Eliasson put in great crosses that should have produced goals, but Da Silva first and then Fammy failed to connect properly. Eisa clearly not going to be given any chance by LJ.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Couldn't agree more... twice in the 2nd half Eliasson put in great crosses that should have produced goals, but Da Silva first and the Fammy failed to connect properly. Eisa clearly not going to be given any chance by LJ.

Could have gone either way though. Replace Diedhiou with Elisa and if we had gone on and lost the match LJ would have got slaughtered for throwing a cup run away. We weren’t in control of the match enough in the second half to take that gamble I don’t think. We also had to use one of the subs to take Baker off. Not sure why the DaSilva one was made though. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Could have gone either way though. Replace Diedhiou with Elisa and if we had gone on and lost the match LJ would have got slaughtered for throwing a cup run away. We weren’t in control of the match enough in the second half to take that gamble I don’t think. We also had to use one of the subs to take Baker off. Not sure why the DaSilva one was made though. 

Understand your point, I would have started Eisa then used Fammy if we needed him.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

After Bolton scored I thought we were in control throughout tbh . Could well of been 3/4 up at half time . Made good second half as well and only dropped off after KP went off .

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Understand your point, I would have started Eisa then used Fammy if we needed him.

Yes I wouldn’t disagree with that, but I would personally have started Weimann upfront and tried to get the goals to click. Anyway, done now. Bolton fouled quite a few players and fingers crossed all came through the game ok as we could do without anymore injuries

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

After Bolton scored I thought we were in control throughout tbh . Could well of been 3/4 up at half time . Made good second half as well and only dropped off after KP went off .

Must admit my stream was playing up for part of the second half, kept on rewinding and playing the same bits over and over then jumping. We did look in control for the first half and I expected us to be well able to be a couple up at half time. We didn’t look so comfortable in the second half, never uncomfortable but just thought at anytime Bolton could have scored to get a replay.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Must admit my stream was playing up for part of the second half, kept on rewinding and playing the same bits over and over then jumping. We did look in control for the first half and I expected us to be well able to be a couple up at half time. We didn’t look so comfortable in the second half, never uncomfortable but just thought at anytime Bolton could have scored to get a replay.

Even in the second half I thought we were in control tbh , and that’s coming from a nervous city fan , last ten minutes when only one up . Don’t get me wrong , it only takes one pot shot . In general though it was like holding a midget at arms length 

Most enjoyable game in our run for me, both sides going for it making an open attacking game, you would never have seen that in the league but nice to see with the pressure off what we can do, everyone had a good game today and a bit more luck we could have won that more easily, 

46 minutes ago, RedM said:

Kelly for extra height to counter Donaldson coming on as Bolton just launched it long for last 10 min

Archived