IGNORED

Palmer

daored

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So much more direct and purposeful than Pato.

Stronger and more effective in possession and much better vision.

Really good game today - exciting stuff and I hope he can keep it up.

Dack must have been amazing to keep Palmer out of that central position.

Not even sure its worth comparing KP and Pato. As much as I like Pato and have fairly constantly defended him and believed much of his criticism has been unwarranted, Palmer seems to be a class above.

We shall see if he can maintain this level of performance, but has been the best player on the pitch by some distance every minute he has played so far.

3 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Not even sure its worth comparing KP and Pato. As much as I like Pato and have fairly constantly defended him and believed much of his criticism has been unwarranted, Palmer seems to be a class above.

We shall see if he can maintain this level of performance, but has been the best player on the pitch by some distance every minute he has played so far.

Only comparing because Pato came up and ultimately...they are the two competing for that position behind Famara. 

At the moment i'd pick Palmer over Pato.

At the moment, i'd probably also pick any of COD, Weimann and Eliasson on the wings too. 

Will be interesting to see if Pato comes straight back in.

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So much more direct and purposeful than Pato.

Stronger and more effective in possession and much better vision.

Really good game today - exciting stuff and I hope he can keep it up.

Dack must have been amazing to keep Palmer out of that central position.

Although from reports Bradley Dack maybe a bit of a txxt - he is a pretty good football player.

I can only imagine that Blackburn took KP as they may have thought Dack was on the way out to something bigger and better, otherwise a strange decision.

Hopefully he’s the inventive attacking midfielder we’ve lacked for many years. 

All of our attacking mids are similar players. They are all good players who have a good touch around the box, but they all lack vision and a ‘creative’ pass. Hopefully KP provides that extra guile and vision to create an opening. 

Fantastic tonight but are we allowed one tiny, tiny criticism?

Twice could have played Eliasson in for an easier finish, and once O'Dowda. Didn't matter tonight, but on another day might.

Tiny criticism because he was amazing to watch and looks like an incredible signing .

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to try and provoke people is there? For every Palmer there’s a Woodrow, an Adam Matthews & a Diony....and it’s ‘of’ not ‘in’ and it’s ‘Johnson’s’....

There's also a Webster, Brownhill, O'Dowda & Abraham! 

He was fantastic.

Strange thing is, he looked sharp but also just lacking in a touch of quality on the ball.  What i mean by that is, his touch was at times a little heavy as he passes players, with consummate ease I should also add. 

There was a bloke complaining on Facebook about the fact he was brought off.  I don't think he has had many minutes on the pitch at Blackburn.

He has come in and firmly staked his claim on the starting 11.  Even though he was that good tonight, I feel there is more to come.  Perhaps a run of 5 games and watch out Championship

He will be a difference maker. Very, very impressed.

Stevo

Exactly what we have been missing home games. 
This run , while being great rest;lts wise, has been hard to enjoy. Palmer added more intent, and forward running, more purpose and more support for Fam. He was better than I'd hoped after his cameos, add an excellent performance from Morrell, all in all a very good night. 
I walked out with a large smile on my face, very leasing performance , just missing a few more goals.

It was good to leave at the end and feel entertained by our team, KP has a lovely touch, and some of his play was top class tonight. He is starting to click with a few players and is being given the ball in the right areas and affecting the game which is giving others a chance to show their flair.

Impressive signing so far and if we can add a too quality striker then the next few months could be quite interesting 

CP was outstanding and a few other great performances, another professional performance after the early set back and credit to Bolton to keep going they chucked everything at us at the end. Intresting to see Robbie Keane @ AG two games on the spin obviously watching COD again and certainly didn't disappoint. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Gutted to have missed today. Did Palmer play just behind Diedhiou or in the slightly deeper Paterson role?

Yes, thought we were more 4411 than 4141 tonight and with Bolton being far more adventurous it was a cracking game.

32 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

The difference is Palmer will play the quicker pass.

The Palmer we are seeing is a maturer (as a footballer) version than the bright player I remember at Huddersfield and he does little things like roll his marker so easily, because not only does he gave great touch but he uses his strength well.  You can see other players benefitting from him, because he commits his man and drags someone else’s marker towards him.  Johnson said he wanted to bring a player in who improved other players - Palmer is it.

He deserved a goal tonight.

He has Tomlin’s touch, a turn of pace, and maintainable pace to go with purposeful closing down.

If a month ago I thought we’d finish 10-12th, I suddenly feel this is the guy who not only can keep us close to the fringe of the play-offs, but actually take us into it.  Bold statement, but he is exactly what you need if you’re gonna play tight at the back with Pack holding and one up top.

47 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

You weren’t overly impressed with the signing if I remember rightly Bob? Do you think he’s shining now he’s being played in his preferred position? Seemed to struggle at Blackburn as second fiddle to Bradley Dack.

No - not wildly

Always had good technique but never influenced games enough when I’ve seen him - ‘pretty’ in some ways

I did say I understood his signing as in type / style and I thought the success would depend on how he settled and fitted in here 

His debut couldn’t have been scripted better and set his loan up

Having said all that he’s impressed me far more than I hoped and I commented in another thread has impresssed me more in his cameos for us than I’ve seen him in his previous loans 

A good fit helped by a golden start -

Just a note of caution - needs to keep his feet on the ground though (Not saying he won’t) and supporters not overly swoon over him - the permananent squad got us here- Let’s Not Over do the Palmer song and love in

All good

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know, just didn’t see the point in @DaveInSA trying to pick a fight after another great win....

@BS4 on Tour... i’m Not trying to pick a fight.

some on this forum believe that we would be top of the league with a different manager.

to elaborate on my post, something has changed in the transfer strategy. We have got quality players in on loan and perm deals over the last two windows.

whether that is up to Johnson or not I cannot say, but something has happened.

To be fair, it sounds like the lad is settling in well; to be fair. I had a listen of the 6 minute interview that was posted by City, to be fair, the one where KP said that his son has started singing along with his chant  although, to be fair, he only sings the name and then stops, to be fair.

So to be fair, it sounds like he is enjoying his football, to be fair.

Apart from that, didn't learn much else from the interview, which is fair enough, to be fair.

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

some on this forum believe that we would be top of the league with a different manager.

to elaborate on my post, something has changed in the transfer strategy. We have got quality players in on loan and perm deals over the last two windows.

Are you trying to say that we didn’t get quality perm / loan deals before the last two windows? Abraham, Brownhill, Fam, COD, etc. don’t qualify?

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

Fair enough, I appreciate the reply. If you’d have posted the above originally it wouldn’t have looked as though you were trying to provoke people, but your first post in this thread just seemed unnecessary....

Archived