IGNORED

BBC no mention of city result

keflav

Watched city match on stream tonight (well done lads) but had BBC one on TV too... What annoyed me was little or no mention of city's win ?? understand lots of extra time in game on BBC bit not not even the score given let alone the goals.... 

The main news comes on and sport section goes into arsenal v man u game and again not even a mention of city... This is disgraceful from the BBC on all front at least mention the score, I know we're not a premium team but as first team into 5th round survey worth mentioning...????

11 minutes ago, keflav said:

Watched city match on stream tonight (well done lads) but had BBC one on TV too... What annoyed me was little or no mention of city's win ?? understand lots of extra time in game on BBC bit not not even the score given let alone the goals.... 

The main news comes on and sport section goes into arsenal v man u game and again not even a mention of city... This is disgraceful from the BBC on all front at least mention the score, I know we're not a premium team but as first team into 5th round survey worth mentioning...????

Was it little or no mention? Can’t be both. 

44 minutes ago, keflav said:

FINALLY! Under the radar.

Unfortunately Bristol City and the current Bolton team are of little interest to most people beyond their own supporters. It’s not surprising that the match wasn’t mentioned on the national news.  

19 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Unfortunately Bristol City and the current Bolton team are of little interest to most people beyond their own supporters. It’s not surprising that the match wasn’t mentioned on the national news.  

Pongo, I have to ask this question and sorry in advance but

Have you ever seen Sue bear? :laugh:

Why would the BBC or Sky mention us?

As we all know. football was invented in 1992 when a competition involving 20 teams was created for the benefit of Sky TV they called it the Premier League . Sky TV arrange the fixtures and decide who plays who and when. Sky also run spin off tv programmes - the most watched being "The Transfer Window" which is shown twice a year over 30 nights .

9 hours ago, keflav said:

Yeah but it's nice sometimes to get a mention, especially as first team into round 5 ??

In fact, not only did we not get a mention but the end of Match of the Day Gary Lineker said that Man United was the FIRST team through to the 5th Round whereas we had been through a good 20 minutes earlier.:grr:

I asked a mate who isn't City whether the BBC had showed highlights of the City game at half time and he said no, they showed highlights of another Arsenal Man Utd game from 25 years ago. ? I don't know if this is true but it does not surprise me, the BBC bangs on about the magic of the cup, but once they get to the third round it becomes one big circle jerk over the big teams.

Archived