IGNORED

Tomas the Animal

keynshamred

There hasn't been many posts about this immense talent. The bloke is a beast! So consistent and just reads the game so well. So good, we hardly recognise his good defending and how calm he is on the ball. A real good influence on the the back four and Imo the reason we have  one of the best defensive records in the league. Would do my upmost to sign him on before the window shuts if I was Johnson!!

One of the best all round defenders we have seen down the gate in many years!! He deserves to be settled at a club and here is where he should stay and could become a great!! 

Thought he was brilliant tonight....my MOTM.  I hadn’t seen his pace until tonight (maybe because he positions himself so way), but, boy, has he got some.  We got stretched in the second half at times and his covering was awesome.  He reminded me of Van Dijk.

Immense player, pure class.

Could be a key signing for years to come but still sceptical that we could get him long term, (mainly because it feels to good to be possible)  he does however look invested in what's going on around him, always smiling and involved in goal celebrations, always claps the fans etc. 

Not saying he's head over heels in love with BCFC but he looks happy which has to be a starting point for negotiation at the very least. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he was brilliant tonight....my MOTM.  I hadn’t seen his pace until tonight (maybe because he positions himself so way), but, boy, has he got some.  We got stretched in the second half at times and his covering was awesome.  He reminded me of Van Dijk.

That’s what’s impressed me , and I’ve been saying Dave - he constantly positions himself for his job but with cover of others also a focus

Reads game brilliantly

Still think the fact that as a loannee he got himself back on pitch in 3 weeks from that awful broken jaw staggering and says all you need to know

Said all along , my No 1 Summer target 

15 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

There hasn't been many posts about this immense talent. The bloke is a beast! So consistent and just reads the game so well. So good, we hardly recognise his good defending and how calm he is on the ball. A real good influence on the the back four and Imo the reason we have  one of the best defensive records in the league. Would do my upmost to sign him on before the window shuts if I was Johnson!!

One of the best all round defenders we have seen down the gate in many years!! He deserves to be settled at a club and here is where he should stay and could become a great!! 

Spot on there KS but there has been a lot of talk about Kalas but more in other threads that gets missed. The problem seems to be that some people think he's too expensive and that's it. IMO I think we should pull out all the stops and make this our big signing. With all due respect he's never going to play for Chelsea as a first team regular so lets grab him (he seems to like it here) before we see him lining up against us (like Tammy) for someone like Aston ******* Villa. I've said it a lot lately but our back 5 is the best and the most confident I've seen it for this level for quite a while. We know QUALITY like Kalas costs but someday we will have to cross that financial line (I know some posters will start to have a mini heart attack about spending big) if as SL says we want Premiership football!!!

25 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Kalas/Webster

I'm not sure I'd swap for any championship pair from what I've seen.

We have to be interested in a permanent or else SL is being economical with the truth regards promotion ambitions imo

Fully agree, would say one of the best CB pair in this league. Hard as nails is Kalas and Webster a very good footballer. We have a very strong defence and with the addition of KP we also are finding some form in attack. Things are starting to click into place and 12 without defeat is not to be sniffed at. I wonder how long we can keep it going 

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s what’s impressed me , and I’ve been saying Dave - he constantly positions himself for his job but with cover of others also a focus

Reads game brilliantly

Still think the fact that as a loannee he got himself back on pitch in 3 weeks from that awful broken jaw staggering and says all you need to know

Said all along , my No 1 Summer target 

Shit, we don't want you signing him  Bob. I was rather hoping SL might get the cheque book out and beat you to it

Sign him. Providing he isn't on absolutely stupid money at Chelsea, then we need to get him here permanently, that is of course if he wants to stay.

It will probably mean we will have to break our transfer record, and he will probably become the highest earner in the squad, but the best teams build from the back,  and with Kalas back there (along with Webster) I honestly don't think there are many better pairings in the league.

£20m for Kalas, Da Silva, and Palmer. I'd say that would be the best £20m SL could spend, and all would have a resale value. They are only going to get better. Hopefully with us ?

Archived