Eliasson - City’s Ronaldo

Major Isewater

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Without deflecting away from Eliasson’s performance I give you;

Tomlin v Huddersfield 

Bryan v Man Utd

Rob Newman v Newport County

Jimmy Mann v Forest

Back to Eliasson, had a good game last night.  He has the beauty of being able to go off either foot, the first dribble he had he went on the outside and that created doubt for Noone for the rest of the game, meaning when he did go on his favoured left foot, he had that extra half yard.

He put in some lovely crosses last night...plus he battled hard for the ball too.

Bryan vs Palace puts all those to bed imho. 

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Oh, we're doing this are we?

Have a bit of Junior Bent with the Lidl-quality Cantona lob (and no, I am not serious)

...unrelated to the OP - it was a good goal but not the finest ever - was there ever a more comically awful start to the season than the first 10 seconds against Blackpool in that 95-96 season review...classic City!

8 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

I really like him but this is way over the top. Thought he had a decent game but wasn't what I would describe as fantastic and the goal went straight through the keeper who should have done better 

agree over the top but thats a bit harsh on the keeper. Have a look at it on the highlights.

6 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Eliasson plays good and have very good feeling in his feets. We are in a very good run and can understand that he is on the bench. But, he is to good to be on the bench. Think he will be a starter sooner or later. He is very creative and his passes are Lovely. Palmer-Niclas-Famara, goal.

I agree. I think he is quality, but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be allowed to have one quiet game before people want him replaced. I say be patient with Eliasson, and the rewards will follow.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Without deflecting away from Eliasson’s performance I give you;

Tomlin v Huddersfield 

Bryan v Man Utd

Rob Newman v Newport County

Jimmy Mann v Forest

Back to Eliasson, had a good game last night.  He has the beauty of being able to go off either foot, the first dribble he had he went on the outside and that created doubt for Noone for the rest of the game, meaning when he did go on his favoured left foot, he had that extra half yard.

He put in some lovely crosses last night...plus he battled hard for the ball too.

Freeman vs Ipswich?

48 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

V QPR also. No doubt one of/if not the best City goal since I’ve been going.

That goal vs QPR ranks with one of the best goals in the last 20 years, and not just Bristol City goals.

If that had been scored by a Messi/Ronaldo/Rooney the pundits would be eulogising about it to this day

11 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Bit over the top Major. He is doing alright at the moment but there are still aspects of his game that he needs to develop like using his right foot more in situations where a pass with it would create havoc in the opposition penalty box; stopping to play ball with left foot loses momentum. His goal was well taken but hardly a worldie.

Now also read above and replace name of Eliasson with Callum O'Dowda.

I'm not being negative about either. Both played their part in another win.

First half was entertaining whereas second half was not so productive as we sat too deep allowing Bolton too much of the ball. Better sides than them might have punished us.

Cidered, you are spot on. The title of this thread is just plain stupid. The lad played well and took his goal with style. The difference with him and COD is that the latter is far more defensively astute, stronger and versatile. 

If we have one player who could be a tiny bit like Cristiano Ronaldo, it’s surely Callum. A tall strong  lad who glides with the ball and can play wide or central. Could and should score headers too. Eliasson is looking good too, but very different.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I watched the goal back a couple of times and it really is great play from Nicolas, but also a great breakaway in general, with COD's surging run getting us up the field.

The fact that it came from a really good scoring chance for them too - the shot that hit Magennis - and we turned defence into attack in seconds.

12 hours ago, Xiled said:

Was that one of your t-shirts @Olé?

Still makes me laugh every time I think of it.

Yes, although it never made it to production. The printers actually refused to do it because I couldn't prove I was either Nicky Maynard or had access to his image rights. :whistle:

nickymaynard_farewell_tshirt_preview2.pn

I was very chuffed to see it in an issue of Bountyhunter a couple of years ago.

Archived