IGNORED

Callum

Kevin Brady

I like the fact that he is not confined to the touchline. He looks so dangerous when running at teams through the middle.

One of the keys to us scoring more goals and relying less on Fammy has to be our wingers getting into shooting positions more often, as happened last night.

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

I like the fact that he is not confined to the touchline. He looks so dangerous when running at teams through the middle.

One of the keys to us scoring more goals and relying less on Fammy has to be our wingers getting into shooting positions more often, as happened last night.

That to me last night was a big difference.  He drifted inside playing of Fam’s Kay-offs, and lively interchanges in first half with Palmer at pace.  Thought he was quieter in the second half, and just lacks that clinical pass at times when going on those galloping runs.

2 hours ago, Cardy said:

Sit him down with pen & paper now!

We’ve tried that, hence why we’ve exercised our one year option.  I hope he does realise he’s better off here at this stage of his career and commits to a new deal....but I think his agent is drumming up business, and that might be to get a better deal here, but I think City have their wage structures.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep

Quality 

Has some real ability - I keep thinking an apprentice Darren Anderton

Under valued by many on here IMHO 

You know I'm not as big a fan as you Bob, but I see why you say Anderton. ?

I still like Callum, just want to see that development of him with his “head-up”.

Cal certainly seems to be back to how he was before his injury.  He is so talented, I would like to see him taking on defences and shooting even more.

Every game is different though and he will get more success in some games than others.  Fortunately we have other tactical options and options from the bench on the days things dont work so well.

Starting to feel like he could be another big loss now. This summer we have the potential to lose Palmer, Kalas, Dasilva, and Callum. He is now in their class of a big loss. 

What I was thinking to myself is he was playing with more confidence than I can remember. He knew he was going to go past people but kept calm and made them commit before doing so. He was a shooting threat. He was trying to make some killer passes(still needs work on getting his head up and finding the right pass but so does Eliasson when deeper). 

Archived