IGNORED

Bolton highlights

1960maaan

One of the things I liked about our performance last night was that many of our players (Palmer, O’Dowda, Eliasson, Morrell, Dasilva) were prepared to run at the opposition with the ball. Very exciting to watch. Palmer especially seemed to scare the hell out of the Bolton players, who often had to resort to fouling him.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hang on, that link takes you to BBC highlights of our win...but there’s a whole thread on here saying there’s no mention of our result on the BBC and people are outraged and offended....

You realise you don't have to be antagonistic in every thread you post in, right? 

59 minutes ago, Offside said:

One of the things I liked about our performance last night was that many of our players (Palmer, O’Dowda, Eliasson, Morrell, Dasilva) were prepared to run at the opposition with the ball. Very exciting to watch. Palmer especially seemed to scare the hell out of the Bolton players, who often had to resort to fouling him.

Palmer is a lot stronger than I'd imagined, rarely got pushed off the ball. Morrell's vision, running and passing, let alone he had 2 decent shots great promise. Great goal from Eliasson , needs to work on his shooting a little, and DaSilva (although he could have done better for the goal) is quality.

3 times the number of fouls, and most on Palmer I'd guess. Don't understand why the Ref didn't book someone earlier.

Screenshot 2019-01-26 at 10.18.49.png

17 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Palmer is a lot stronger than I'd imagined, rarely got pushed off the ball. Morrell's vision, running and passing, let alone he had 2 decent shots great promise. Great goal from Eliasson , needs to work on his shooting a little, and DaSilva (although he could have done better for the goal) is quality.

3 times the number of fouls, and most on Palmer I'd guess. Don't understand why the Ref didn't book someone earlier.

I did find it funny when their player wiped Diedhiou out completely and the ref booked him because of an accumulation of fouls, as if that wasn't worth a yellow on its own... 

Bolton were, as I expected, very niggly last night. Fortunately their foul play didn't result in any injuries

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I did find it funny when their player wiped Diedhiou out completely and the ref booked him because of an accumulation of fouls, as if that wasn't worth a yellow on its own... 

Bolton were, as I expected, very niggly last night. Fortunately their foul play didn't result in any injuries

I don't mind a Ref letting play go on, it was a good advantage that led to Eliasson's goal, but to just keep giving free kicks when the same player is fouled , time after time is annoying. The one on Fam , I thought was a booking.

I actually thought that Bolton , being more open , added to the game. Just couldn't cope with our movement any other way but foul.

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

What about our disallowed goal?  I was sat directly in line and it didn't look offside to me.  Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though.

I wasn’t directly in line but my first instinct was that it was offside. It looked to me like Diedhiou didn’t move back quickly enough when their defensive line pushed up that few yards. I was waiting for the whistle when Diedhiou was shaping to shoot, but because it seemed to take a while for the offside to be given I though we’d got away with it when the ball went in.

1 minute ago, Offside said:

I wasn’t directly in line but my first instinct was that it was offside. It looked to me like Diedhiou didn’t move back quickly enough when their defensive line pushed up that few yards. I was waiting for the whistle when Diedhiou was shaping to shoot, but because it seemed to take a while for the offside to be given I though we’d got away with it when the ball went in.

Yeah, Can't understand why the linesman didn't flag before the ball hit the back of the net.

4 hours ago, Offside said:

It was so noticeable I wondered whether it had been a specific instruction for this game.

So much better to watch than how we were playing earlier in the season in any event.

31 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

He definitely did flag before. I was in the South Stand and noticed the flag up before he shot, so didn't celebrate.

Me too. I was in the Dolman and remained in my seat when all around me jumped up (as much as we can do in the Dolman at our advanced ages :).

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

From the limited highlights it looks as though O Dowda was the closest player as their man crossed from the wing but he just pointed at their player to Da Silva, who was further away,  and wandered off. Feel both should have got closer but O Dowda the biggest culprit.

9 minutes ago, redysteadygo1 said:

From the limited highlights it looks as though O Dowda was the closest player as their man crossed from the wing but he just pointed at their player to Da Silva, who was further away,  and wandered off. Feel both should have got closer but O Dowda the biggest culprit.

ODowda does seem to hand Beevers off while DASilva jogs back. Looking at it a few culprits , Kalas I think runs under the ball but the whole defence is too far over. Easy run by Beevers , but TBF what a finish.

Screenshot 2019-01-26 at 15.44.28.png

6 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

You realise you don't have to be antagonistic in every thread you post in, right? 

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, didn’t realise I was doing this, and certainly realise it was in ‘every’ thread I post in...I’ll take a step back from here...cheers

Reminds me of...

"Are you arguing?

"No, are you?

"No, i'm not arguing

"Yes, you are  

"NO :laugh:   

Archived