IGNORED

Middlesbrough v Newport

roddy-d

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Might watch this.

Bakinson and Semenyo both start for Newport. Flint is playing for Boro.

Got to be one upset today.  

would love it to be this one. Accrington was close till they went down to 10 men. 

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Do you mean Flint? I went to the Boro game when they lost to Burton a few weeks back and I was really surprised to hear Boro fans not being too complimentary about him.

Yes, I noticed he has been on the bench recently, hence my facetious comment.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes, I noticed he has been on the bench recently, hence my facetious comment.

The Boro fans I was sat by  weren't really laying into him, but they were disappointed he started the game and thought he was better coming off the bench (which is an odd comment about a centre back) Just goes to show, just because a player does well with one club it doesn't guarantee it will go well with another.

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The Boro fans I was sat by  weren't really laying into him, but they were disappointed he started the game and thought he was better coming off the bench (which is an odd comment about a centre back) Just goes to show, just because a player does well with one club it doesn't guarantee it will go well with another.

You would think he was the perfect Pulis centre half.

I suspect because of the reputation and image he had, boosted by the national coverage from our cup run last season, Boro fans were expecting more than they have got. Some kind of John Terry perhaps.

He is not getting the goals they might have expected either.

He was a cult player with us. At Boro he is just another centre half.

29 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You would think he was the perfect Pulis centre half.

I suspect because of the reputation and image he had, boosted by the national coverage from our cup run last season, Boro fans were expecting more than they have got. Some kind of John Terry perhaps.

He is not getting the goals they might have expected either. 

He was a cult player with us. At Boro he is just another centre half.

He missed a sitter in the Burton game, one of those when it looked easier to score. Why couldn't he be like that when he played for you!

Archived