IGNORED

Branded cups

Danwal

Took my son to watch the bears today as it was a cheap day out. When you buy a drink you get a decent plastic cup with bears logo on. You can keep it like my son did as a souvenir or return for £1. I know there is more drinking at rugby and probably means less plastic cups left in the stand. But why don’t they offer this at the football? Also a couple of players signing flags in the shop pre game, surely a couple of younger players could do the same when city play. 

7 minutes ago, Danwal said:

Took my son to watch the bears today as it was a cheap day out. When you buy a drink you get a decent plastic cup with bears logo on. You can keep it like my son did as a souvenir or return for £1. I know there is more drinking at rugby and probably means less plastic cups left in the stand. But why don’t they offer this at the football? Also a couple of players signing flags in the shop pre game, surely a couple of younger players could do the same when city play. 

Still use my Bristol rugby cup from a couple of years ago when they played Wasps (my in-laws’ team)

Also have some from when the NFL played at Twickenham. Seems to be a rugby thing which hasn’t caught on in football - shame IMO

I got 12 now - good cups for a quid and after a couple of beers I can’t  be doing with returning them so they just come home with me !!

I do remember occasionally to actually take some with me but I’m not normally that organised ?

9 hours ago, Danwal said:

There are normally players in the upper Lansdown concourse doing photos and signings before each match. A couple of times I've wondered 'who the heck is that?' (nobody else seems to know either) but also seen the likes of Matty Taylor and Bailey Wright this season.

19 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Could someone get me one and post it up here please? I’d cover charges, not a huge Rugby fan but they sound cool and would be nice to have one to use ha 

Send me your address on a message and I will sort something.

Give me a few days to post though as they closed the post office up the road from me literally last week and I’m not sure where another is near me so may not be able to send until next Saturday when out and about.

We can sort out cost later ??

11 hours ago, Danwal said:

It was also great to keep my son interested until the end of the game. He managed to pick up three cups and £3 to take home

Yeh you often see young lads at the cricket doing this. Searching around for cups and then cashing them in for a few quid. Good enterprising spirit.

When england play in Germany last you got 2 euros back on the cups I picked up nearly 30 as we leaving the ground and had a few beers and a bit to eat later when we got back into berlin

on a side note some locals wait for the gates to open and rush in and grab all cups lying around to make a few euros.

Archived