IGNORED

AG4 bus Friday night...

spudski

...anyone know why it didn't turn up?

Club said it was running that day. Made plans, as did others...£30 down the swanny. Waited an hour...then too late to make alternate travel arrangements.

No updates on any website and no number to ring and ask for a proper reply.

Have asked Club and first bus, but no response.

It's usually packed so I imagine a lot of people ended up in the same boat.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Club said it was running that day. Made plans, as did others...£30 down the swanny. Waited an hour...then too late to make alternate travel arrangements.

Would that be the Mardyke ferry, Spud?

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Where does this bus come from?

51 minutes ago, RedM said:

Tagging @Matt Parsons BCFCSLOInto this thread. Maybe the correct info wasn’t put out or something else happened but the club should be made aware if it promotes & encourages public transport.

Exactly...and why I've started using it this season. Takes the hassle out of trying to park and can have a drink. 

It's run by the club in conjunction with first bus.

I don't understand why although scheduled, it never comes up on the electronic time signs at stops.

Would have saved lots of hassle, lost money for tickets, disappointed fans etc.

These buses run every game.

Fans expect it to be there.

If it wasn't running on this occasion it should have been highlighted imo.

17 hours ago, spudski said:

Exactly...and why I've started using it this season. Takes the hassle out of trying to park and can have a drink. 

It's run by the club in conjunction with first bus.

I don't understand why although scheduled, it never comes up on the electronic time signs at stops.

Would have saved lots of hassle, lost money for tickets, disappointed fans etc.

These buses run every game.

Fans expect it to be there.

If it wasn't running on this occasion it should have been highlighted imo.

Luckily enough I checked with my mate who uses it regularly and he told me it wasn't running on Friday for the cup game. Difficult to understand the reason for not running it though as it's always full.  

• Admin
2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Thanks for highlighting this. Ill pass the feedback onto the team at Ashton Gate who liaise with First Bus and the media team who write the Getting to the Gate guide. 

Matt

This is the same team that were promoting train services on boxing day. 

Sadly it's just the same piece constantly copy and pasted without any local knowledge being included 

47 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Luckily enough I checked with my mate who uses it regularly and he told me it wasn't running on Friday for the cup game. Difficult to understand the reason for not running it though as it's always full.  

How did your mate know it wasn't running? City fans on the bus stop looked to see if it was running...and it said it was. Since Friday, that info has been edited/removed 

I've still ended up £30 out of pocket because it was too late to make alternative arrangements...this also happened to five others at that one stop.

What's more infuriating, was I was taking someone to their second ever game...they weren't impressed, especially as they had cancelled other arrangements to attend.

Just so infuriating... especially when trying to promote public transport.

39 minutes ago, spudski said:

How did your mate know it wasn't running? City fans on the bus stop looked to see if it was running...and it said it was. Since Friday, that info has been edited/removed 

I've still ended up £30 out of pocket because it was too late to make alternative arrangements...this also happened to five others at that one stop.

What's more infuriating, was I was taking someone to their second ever game...they weren't impressed, especially as they had cancelled other arrangements to attend.

If they advertised it as running when it wasn't, and it's a service the club offer in conjunction with the transport supplier then the club will doubtless refund you.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If they advertised it as running when it wasn't, and it's a service the club offer in conjunction with the transport supplier then the club will doubtless refund you.

I very much doubt it mate...I say this because the info has been removed since  Friday evening.

I also asked the club and first bus for a response...nothing from either.

Not going to hold my breath on this one.

22 hours ago, spudski said:

Spoke to him again and he says it was on the website and that only AG1 and AG2 were operating.

29 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Spoke to him again and he says it was on the website and that only AG1 and AG2 were operating.

All very odd...wonder what time he looked. Because when we did, it had the AG4 and others running as well.

Over it now though...the joys of watching City...never straight forward.

• Admin
On 27/01/2019 at 12:34, spudski said:

Well it was on Friday mate...another fan at the bus stop, brought that page up and AG4 was listed.

I know the site was updated on the Friday, as I pointed out to them they were originally showing travel information for a Saturday 

Screenshot_20190129-145024_Twitter.jpg

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Out of interest how many other people were waiting for the bus? 

Seems odd nobody else has mentioned it on here 

There were 5 at my stop...by the time we get to the Gate, it's always full. It's a busy one.

The others I was at the stop with also gave up and went home.

Archived